Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Question about Blast Damage/ warwolf
posted 01-25-19 03:36 PM CT (US)   
Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to have a trebuchet do blast damage while still being only 15% Accurate?

I know that the accuracy affects how the blast damage works, making it only work 15% of the time or only in 15% of the area or somthing, but is there anyway around this?

I was able to achive my desired affect by copying a duplicate Trebuchet in A.G.E with 100% Blast damage, and have the originaly Treb be able to transform into this one. In the game then you can fire the original treb, it shoots inaccurately, but before the projectile hits the ground transform the treb into the 100% blast damage treb. Then the projectile hits the ground in the uninteded place, but with the power of the second trebuchet.

This is exactly what i want, only without having to press a button everytime i fire/reload. Is there a way to make it do this automaticly?

I also experimented with firing an extra 20 invisable 15% blast damage projectiles at the same time, hoping that after they all hit it would do about the same as 1 @ 100%, but couldnt get this to work the way i wanted.

As it is i have them firing like a scorpion where they damage all the hit with a larger colision size. The problem is if the collision size is to big, its too powerful against large units like scorpions and horses, but any smaller and it has to physically hit smaller units like archers to do any damage, making it ineffective at these . The blast damage effect is exactly what I want, only to still be randomized landings.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Replies:
posted 01-25-19 08:51 PM CT (US)     1 / 7  
You could set the dead unit of the projectile to a 0 hp self destructing unit with blast damage.

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Proteus and Genie Converter - AKX installers for modern times
posted 01-26-19 02:12 PM CT (US)     2 / 7  
Thanks for your reply

Do you know how i can do this exactly? I cant get my dead unit to do any dammage.

Thanks☺
posted 01-26-19 02:41 PM CT (US)     3 / 7  
Set the dead unit ID to something like a saboteur or a petard. What you should do though is copy either one of them, and make this new unit (Blast Area). Then set its HP to -100, or some other negative number. A higher one would be better if any techs raise this above 0. When it spawns it will automatically die triggering the effect you desire, I hope. I'd set the graphic ID's to be different though. Probably -1 on everything except for the death animation which would be a cool effect.
posted 01-26-19 05:14 PM CT (US)     4 / 7  
What wounduporange said, with one caveat. If you don't have Userpatch, self-destructing units are hardcoded. You'll have to change the petard, saboteur, or a demolition ship to your blast area object.

If you do have UP, set Hero mode to 32 to make a self destructing unit.

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Proteus and Genie Converter - AKX installers for modern times
posted 01-27-19 02:48 PM CT (US)     5 / 7  
Thankyou for your relpys. However i still cant get it to work quiet the way i would like.

I have userpatch, and setting the unit to hero 32 did work to make it self destructing ( how do you even know this 😮
). The problem is the unit has 100% attck for the whole blast area. I was hoping for the affect where it does full damage at the center and lessesns as you move out away. I feel like 100% for the entire area is still to powerful on things like scorps and horses.

Unfortunatly for me, both the hardcoded petard and saboteurs do this 100% damage to the area attack. The demo ships work the way i would like, but once they are copyed and given hero 32 they loose this affect and become like petards. I dont want to sacrifce a demo ship for my projectile.

So my question is, is it possible to change this 100% damage to the whole area into the other where its less as you go out? Why does my trebuchet have the desired affect when i give it blast damage, but not petards? Can i even change a hardcoded saboteur or petard to do this?

Thanks so much for your help, you guys are lengends😃. Even as it is, its better than i had it before.

Edit
Ive got it to work!

I found that note about hero mode number 32 in the userpatch changes, just bellow it says changing to 64 will give distance based area attack.

I only know how to give it one hero number or the other, i thought the userpatch said you can add them on to each other but i couldnt figure out how. Wasnt able to create a self destructing, distance based blast attaking unit, but i could use the hard coded petard to make him have the distance based attack, then just copy another petard with hero 32 to replace the hardcoded guy i am now using.

Thanks so much vardamir and wounduporange! Would have never been able to do it without you guys!!!!

[This message has been edited by Jarrado (edited 01-28-2019 @ 12:19 PM).]

posted 01-31-19 11:21 AM CT (US)     6 / 7  
Jarrado: The modes are bit flags, so you can mix-and-match the different effects. For example, you could make a regenerating and self-destructing unit by combining the values of regen (4) and self-destruction (32) for a final value of 36. To achieve what you wish, use a value of 96.
posted 02-05-19 00:46 AM CT (US)     7 / 7  
Im not sure what bit flags mean, but i understand how adding the numbers work☺. Perfect, thankyou, does exactly as you say it would😃.

I have another question...
Does anyone know how to make a projectile die when it hits the ground? It seems to only turn into my dead unit when it hits a unit, not dammageing if landing next to.

I thought i fixed it by making the projectile size bigger (at least as big as the blast radius of the dead unit) and setting hit mode to a 1 or 2. It does the job mostly, but it seems to prefer to fully hit a unit and kill it rather than pass by his head and hit the ground and only partialy damage him.

Is it possible to leave hit mode on 0 and have the projectile die on hitting the terrain?

Thanks so much everyone for your help, never would have worked this stuff out on my own
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Question about Blast Damage/ warwolf
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames