Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The power of the Set Animation trigger effect
posted 24 April 2014 01:21 AM EDT (US)   
This is just a little compilation of things that I've discovered with the set animation effect. You may have seen other threads on this but they were vague and hard to understand. Here is the list:

You can use it to unfreeze units that are frozen from an animation.

Just keep the text at "default" and as soon as the unit moves it will unfreeze. Something cool you can do because of this is have in-game animations, without worrying about freezing when the unit moves during the animation.

You can keep units above the ground when they die.

This only works if you use a seperate trigger for each unit, if you plan to use it for multiple units.

Do this:

Condtion: Percent Damaged
(This condition works 100% of the time. For some reason using the condition "Is Dead" only works about half the time.)
Effect: Set Animation (on the unit)

You don't even have to touch anything on either one of these triggers. Keep them how they are.

Important Notes:
1. The only way this works is if the unit is killed by a regular unit that causes it to die normally. For instance, killing it with a meteor would not work.
2. If you're going to have the unit killed by a trigger (ie. "Kill"), Make Sure "Kill" comes before the Set Animation effect, otherwise it will not work.
3. There is so many more cool stuff you can do with this, like even interacting with the unit even after it's dead, ie. making your own reviving hero and having a meteor come down on top of it and sending it up in the air. Be sure to incorporate these into your own future scenarios for a real eye opener! I would explain all of the features here but I'm running low on time. Experiment yourself for now.

You can loop whatever standard animation the unit is doing at the time, ie. walk, attack

Just have a looping trigger of Set Animation with the default settings. If it starts the walking animation, it will stay on the walking animation. If it starts attacking a unit, and that unit dies, it will keeping doing the attack animation. However, it won't do any damage to the unit...

You can attack units without doing damage to them.

Self-explanatory.

You can still set animations like bored and walk, as long as you edit them into the animation file.

Modders know how to do this. Just use one of the cinematic animations as a template.

That's it for now. Post here with your own findings. Experiment with no-ground-sinking with flying units, buildings, etc. I already have But I'm not going to post the results. See for yourself.

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 04-24-2014 @ 01:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 24 April 2014 01:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
You can attack units without doing damage to them.
The best use imo ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 24 April 2014 01:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
You're funny.

posted 24 April 2014 03:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
This only works if you use a seperate trigger for each unit,
Is there a V-vondition effect for set animation, if so that should be able to do all units in one trigger. Imagine the Lag
posted 24 April 2014 11:13 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
if im not mistaken I think that was already tested by nottud.

posted 30 July 2019 02:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Unarchived

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The power of the Set Animation trigger effect
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames