You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project Kronny - External Scenario Editor
posted 01 February 2020 03:39 PM EDT (US)   

Kronny Alpha

Overview

This project aims to provide a full external scenario editor for Age of Mythology by reverse engineering the scenario format and providing greater editing flexibility.

Implemented Features

Tools

* Cover terrain
* Terrain painting
* Elevation painting (Game height restrictions do not apply - Normal range is -5 to 15)
* Water painting (Includes water removal)
* Water colour painting (No colour restrictions)
* Water height painting
* Player data editing

View

* Terrain with textures (No blending)
* Elevation of terrain and water via height map
* Water via colour overlay

Usability

* Unlimited depth undo and redo
* Memory of tool values and crew position
* Keyboard shortcuts
- Ctrl Z and Y to undo and redo
- Esc to close current tool
- 0-9 to change the brush size (Same as AOM game)

Development Tools

* Extraction and compression of scenario files for external viewing.

Notes on using

* Written in java 8 using JavaFx graphics developed using Eclipse IDE. You need to have java 8 or later runtime installed to run it.
* Maps opened need to be saved with latest version of the game and must not have custom terrains, water types, etc.
* Development in progress: May be bugs and could be crashes. Save often and work on a copy rather than original where possible.
* You can view the current project source here: https://github.com/nottud/Kronny

Final Note

I hope you find this tool useful. Please let me know what you think and feel free to suggest ideas for future features and let me know of any bugs. I am developing this in my spare time whenever I feel like it so no guarantee on update frequency. What gets done next will depend on interest and ease of figuring out the scenario format for that area.

Update Log

Version 0.2

You can now edit most player fields both for both players and Mother Nature:
* Player colour
* Major god - you can now also select Nature and if you want the god to be randomly determined on scenario load
* Resources - food, wood, gold, favour
* Population

Version 3.0

Major bugfix with build versions where textures were failing to load due to filename casing mismatch.

Download

Download here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11478

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 02-10-2020 @ 01:57 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03 February 2020 09:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
How can i run the launcher(which program)

Etilpoh
posted 04 February 2020 07:32 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Install Java runtime (8 or better) and then you can launch the program with a standard double click.

This one will do: https://www.java.com/en/download/win10.jsp
posted 04 February 2020 09:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
Wow this is highly sexy! If one could have objects and define all the parameters such as size and rotation then anyone could be Oscar.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 04 February 2020 03:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Currently doing player editing. Objects are likely to be next. With objects you will have free customisation of position and sizing.. well that's the plan... Some interesting features I hope to accomplish are:
* Free sizing - allowing axis independent sizing of units which I know is possible. i.e. can have long thin units, etc. Not tried but you might also be able to turn units insideout.
* Similarly more freedom with object angles
* Converting units to a different player or type
* Hopefully mass property applying - e.g. set size of all trees in a forest
* Setting of other interesting hidden properties I discover...

A limitation is that due to being a 2d viewer and there is no way I am getting models in I am planning to use unit portraits instead which should cover most units pretty well.
posted 09 February 2020 05:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Player editing including Mother Nature has now been added - see main post change log.
posted 10 February 2020 03:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
A little off topic but in doing this you are gaining an understanding of .scx files. With the obvious exceptions of new unit, Gods, etc what are the differences between the file types? Do you think you could eventually revert file types?
posted 10 February 2020 01:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
I've not looked in detail so I am not sure. I still don't know what the majority of the file is - I only understand key bits for what I want, I don't understand the overall structure very well.

I don't think there is a lot of difference though - you can rename an scn file to an scx and the game will understand it fine. There is probably some metadata differences mainly and everything will be indexed differently.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 02-10-2020 @ 02:00 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Project Kronny - External Scenario Editor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames