Multiplayer Scenarios » BIBLICAL MUTATION V 0.9

Download File Post Review Post Comment

BIBLICAL MUTATION V 0.9

Author File Description
An_Unbeliever
File Details
# of Players: 4
Version: AoM: The Titans
In this scenario, u represent the evil side: the aim is defeat jesus and the realm of heaven!! I hope you will find this map challenging, the aim is to try your abilities, this map is infact FOR MUTATION EXPERTS. It's not a final version, so if you find bugs or problems, just tell ;)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
I Love Bananas Approved of. Yeeb, please read the comment :)

[Edited on 12/23/07 @ 01:21 PM]

Xinthose That's Horrible!..
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Theres a reason this has 0 downloads ~ Khan
Xefus this is the worst scenario ever you should be banned from here for all your life
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Read :).

xefus, I appreciate you may be a Christian and find this scenario offensive, but there is no need to insult the designer. He may have spent many long hours developing the map. If you have not seen the map first, you cannot say things like that just because of a difference of opinion.

As for the map, I havent seen an idea quite like this before. Unfortunately, it is just random mindless killing with a few bosses and normal god powers. To improve the gameplay you could try making the powers do more, adding more boses or more variety like puzzles. Oh and I also hated THE MESSAGES IN CAPITAL LATTERS! Capitals tend to really wind people up, so try turning caps lock off.

Your triggers seem to be alright, but you are probably a very new designer.

Seeing as this has raised a lot of discussion, I would advise you not to make a religious scenario in the future that may offend people, try to make some maps that you have a good idea on like blood or escape or races.

Good luck.

[Edited on 12/26/07 @ 02:38 AM]

Tenebroso89 Playability: 1
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 1
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 4
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 3
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 1
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments
ciao ho visto la mappa, non ha errori ma è scarsa di contenuti io non sono un esperto, ma qualche aiutino potrei dartelo.

[Edited on 01/10/08 @ 08:14 AM]

Yeebaagooon
Staff
Tenebroso89, your review has been deleted because it does not comply with the review guidelines. Please read them.

http://aom.heavengames.com/reviewguide

Also, pelase note that English is the official language of these forums - if you are using another language, pelase include a translation.

:)

[Edited on 01/10/08 @ 08:14 AM]

rakovsky FWIW, Tenebroso wrote in his review above in Italian: "hello I saw the map, it has no errors but it is poor in content I am not an expert, but I could give you some help."

[Edited on 11/09/20 @ 04:41 PM]

rakovsky
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 1
The scenario does not seem realistically playable past your fight with St. Peter and Paul due to how much they overpower your units. Plus, UlquiorraSama on AOM Custom Maps in Discord wrote that even after he boosted his unit's Attack and HP in the Editor to fight his way through with enough force, some areas were not physically passable, and also some enemy units destroyed the sky passages.

It's true that the Designer says that it's for Mutation Experts, but I am skeptical that even a team of 4 experts could beat the two Prometheuses because there are practical problems that go beyond skill level. A single replenishing Prometheus unit will destroy a Cyclops unit in a fight. The Cyclops can retreat to the beginning of the map and leave the other 3 Players to fight the Prometheuses and their pack of myth units, but those remaining 3 Players will have the same problem as the first one.

Even if 4 Cyclops can defeat 1 Prometheus Titan, it's doubtful that all 4 players will reach Cyclops level by the time that they get to those two Prometheuses. Even if 4 Cyclops can take down a Prometheus, two of those Cyclops will probably have to retreat during the fight, and the two remaining ones will get swarmed.

Bear in mind also that you have to fight even harder battles against Titans later in the scenario, so you don't want to lose any of your allies at this point. Your entire scenario mission could be over two hours long because it takes an hour to even get to the first pair of Prometheus units. And it doesn't seem very likely that you are going to get such a team of 4 committed expert mutation players who will choose to go through the whole maze even if it were possible.

Also, I don't know if the Sky passage feature works on Multiplayer, because I wasn't able to get far enough to check it. On Single Player as Player 5 (Jesus), sending units into the earth/Titan's gate didn't transport them onto the heavenly realm in the north. But maybe a trigger in Multiplayer makes this work.

Since the Designer is calling it a Beta version and asking people to report bugs or problems, I am guessing that he didn't playtest it to the end.

The Scenario worked on AOM:TT on Voobly. But it crashed on AOM:EE on Steam, maybe because all Players are listed as "Unavailable" instead of "Human" or "CPU."

In the "AOM Custom Maps" server in Discord, I shared the map with UlquiorraSama and he added tons of attack points and health points to his mutating unit, and then he fought through the spiral maze. However he said that some areas were blocked and he had to use the Quicksand power to get past the blocked areas.

He explained: "Si, las dos partes qe se bugean son al final, cuando queres entrar al centro donde esta la tierra luego de matar a gea de un golpe se abren las murallas pero el terreno esta mal diseñado
Y gargarensis no pasa
Y luego
De matar a todos los heroes del centro
Se te abren los oasajes aereos para ir a la cruz
Pero me los destruyeron
Se destruye el pasaje
Los destruyen unas amanrras
Que saltan los arboles
Es que cuando me dieron el pasaje para ir a la cruz
Unas unidades que estaban cerca Me lo destruyeron"

TRANSLATION: "Yes, the two parts that are bugged are at the end: When you want to enter the center where the earth is after killing Gaia with one blow, the walls are opened but the terrain is poorly designed and your Gargarensis unit does not pass through there, and next To kill all the heroes in the center. The Air passages open for you to go to the cross. Some units that were near me destroyed it."

Another problem that he noted was that the phoenix birds near the Gaia Titan are too hard if you don't have all 4 Players at that point to use all their lightning powers against them, because your own hero units can't throw powerful weapons at them. And the need to use all 4 Players is a problem because by the time that your team of allies gets to the center, some of your teammates typically have died.

Another design flaw was that the Designer made the Victory Trigger so that when you beat the final enemy, you win, but the game does not end because he did not include the "End Game" Effect in the Victory Trigger. So if you get the victory announcement by beating the enemies, you are still stuck as player 1 resigning/getting a "Defeat" in order to leave/exit the game.

-------------------------------------------

Balance: 1
The balance was so vastly against your units when they meet Peter and Paul about a quarter of the way through the mission that it wasn't playable beyond that point.

Let me explain the balance problem. First, all three times that I played on Medium, Easy, or Easy with cheats, one Player died when fighting in the top of the spiral. And the map becomes much harder the fewer the Players that you have helping you.

Second, at the beginning of the map, there was a message saying that the last mutation comes at 300 kills. I guess that I made less than 300 kills when I reached the Cyclops level, but when my ally reached the cyclops level, a message came up saying that he had reached the final mutation. So I'm not sure whether the cyclops is the final mutation, but it's one of the largest of the non-Titan units. And anyway, I think that you realistically can't mutate beyond the cyclops units by the time that you reach the two Titan Prometheus units. Yet the Titan units dwarf even the cyclops unit in size. Further, you can't train added units, yet you have to fight through masses of enemies, including myth units.

Third, the St. Peter and Paul Prometheus units that you meet at the bottom corner of the map when you make the first full turn of the spiral have tons of HP. They also have a pack of Promethean myth units around them. On top of that, these 2 Prometheus Titans' HP steadily replenishes. One Human ally Player commented that they are "immortal." This might not be true, because there is a small pause before they start to replenish their HP, and their HP's replenishing speed is not near-instant. But although your cyclops unit has thousands of HP, they have so much HP compared to yours on top of their HP's replenishment, that it looks unrealistic to think that you could defeat them.

Even if all 4 Players somehow had been able to mutate into cyclops while fighting them, they would still be in a battle of 4 Cyclops vs. 2 Prometheus Titan units plus a pack of smaller "Promethean" myth units. You have lightning strikes and maybe carnivora plants and HP restoration power, but they don't replenish quickly and the plants get crushed pretty quickly by such strong enemies.

----------------------------------------------

Creativity: 5
The idea was creative of having a spiral maze where you control and meet Biblical characters and then transport to heaven after you get to the maze's middle. It made me interested to see what was going to be the next major section of each spiral. Certainly I would rather have been playing as the "Good Guys", but the spiral maze idea and entrance to heaven were still pretty creative.

---------------------------------------

Map Design: 1

The big flaw in the Map design was how hard it was to get past the bosses using the Human Players' own units. Further, I can't really check other features' soundness (like whether you are able to use the sky passages to transport to heaven), because I was not able to get farther. Otherwise, it was a pretty good map design because of the themes and tricks used with the map sections, eg. Gabriel flying in the east corner and fighting Gabriel with lightning strikes.

It is a spiral path around a central area, with the walls being things like forests and lava rivers. "Jesus (human form)" is a unit near the center of the spiral surrounded by walls. There are God statues in the top (north) corner, suggesting some kind of heavenly realm there. The aim supposedly is to defeat Jesus, and in Multiplayer you play as the first 4 Players at the bottom end of the spiral.

Presumably your job as the "bad" players (eg. Pilate) would be to fight units as you follow the spiral path inwards, and then when they get to the earth object in the center, which holds a Titan gate underneath, you should be able to take the sky passage to the heavenly realm. The heavenly realm is the heavenly cross area in the northern corner of the map where they fight the Trinity. Your units "mutate" along the way automatically by getting kills and points.

In the Editor, Player 5 is named Jesus and Player 6 is named "Glocatore 6", but in Gameplay on Voobly and Gameranger, Player 5 was always named "Thasos" and Player 6 was named something else, eg. "Bubastis".

Also, as I mentioned, another Player named UlquiorraSama, who added tons of attack points and health points to his mutating unit so that he could fight his way through with enough force, said that some areas were unpassable.

----------------------------------

Story/Instructions: 3
The general story and idea of going around the spiral fighting enemies was clear enough, but there is some important information that Players still need. For example, if their hero dies, they automatically los, whereas priests can die and revive. The Designer should have said that the scenario is for Multiplayer only.

Hints would still have been useful. For instance, it seems important that if your mutating hero unit's health gets pretty low, like 25%, the Player should make his unit flee back from the battle if the unit is fighting units who could realistically bring his health to zero.

-------------------------------

Additional Comments:

In the Editor, only the first four players are Human, and they are allied with only each other, and 5-6 are enemies with everyone, including each other. The Civs are:
1. Zeus, 2. Isis, 3. Odin, 4. Kronos, 5. Poseidon, 6. Ra.

Player 6 switches to the Players' ally at the beginning. His purpose seems to be to stand near the beginning as a kind of beacon to show where the entrance is and to show what is at the entrance. Player 6 has no mutating hero unit, so it seems that the Scenario is only meant for 4 Players like the description says.

On SINGLE PLAYER, my Player is Jesus (Purple) and there is no way to kill the bad hero units (eg. Pilate) in the far south corner because their health doesn't go below 1, so I can't win. I don't see any enemies and the only unexplored area is the north side of the river in the north. I can build a dock there, but that is it. Plus, if I garrison units in the earth, they don't show up anywhere like using the sky passages. So it is certainly for Multiplayer.

On MULTIPLAYER, I played with 4 Human Players and I as the host put Player 6 on a separate team, Team 3.

On HARD, I got 34 minutes into the game with 3 Human allies on Voobly, up to the top area of the map on the first "loop" and then one Player went left. One nig downside of Playing on HARD is that it is a long map with tons of enemies and it becomes slower to fight them than on Easier modes.

On MEDIUM, about 30 minutes into the game, one player resigned. We made it down the map to St. Peter and Paul, who are two giant Prometheus units whose health replenishes. I had a large cyclops unit who got killed by them and it was game over.

On EASY, two players died about 30-40 minutes in and then it became alot harder and slower and I wore out and resigned before getting to Peter and Paul. Fortunately, we kept mutating even after those people were killed and resigned, but the mutations happened slowly.

Next, I tried a 4 Player Multiplayer match on EASY with Cheats turned on, which allows us to use God powers like summoning a dragon unit to help us. But even with God powers turned on, 3 players, including myself, died before we could reach the first set of Peter and Paul units, which are in the south corner.

It's a 14 year old Beta version. I guess that the Creator won't finish it or work on it more, and he didn't put his email in his profile to contact him. One option for people interested in the scenario would normally be to Edit the scenario to make it easier by making the players advance quicker to more powerful units, but the Designer says not to edit the map.

Ulquiorrasama and I made a fixed "playtesting" version here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/794234334667079682/812833925139136603/Mutation_biblico_mod_Fixed_by_Ulq.scx
It's just for Playtesting because the original scenario's designer said not to edit the mission. I beat the Playtesting version as P1 with [Ro]Ronik, Ch@Kra, and samu on my team and the enemy as Easy. The part of the scenario past where I beat the original version actually had a bunch of cool parts like where you ferry across a river with boats, get a Titan Gate, Titans, and where the final God unit appears as Osiris.

[Edited on 02/20/21 @ 06:12 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0