Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multiplayer Scenarios » Armageddon~The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse~[Unfinished and forever will]

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Armageddon~The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse~[Unfinished and forever will]

Author File Description
Beelzebub
(id: Navarone_Revenge)
File Details
# of Players: 4
Version: AoM: The Titans
Armageddon~The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse~

In this game, you will be one of the four horsemen who came upon earth to destroy mankind. I truly believed that this is the only game that you are the bad guy not the good guy. I might be wrong. Each horseman had their own uniqueness and special powers. Also, as you can see, this map is not finished, and I will never finish it. In this game, you also reveice Vortex, it's for testing, but since I will never finish it, I'll just keep it there. Let me introduce you to the characters.

Please don't edit this map or call it your own. It's an act of plagerism, and I disliked it strongly. You may use the idea and make your own map. If you had enough generosity then say the idea was from me, if not, I won't force you. But plagerising is just unacceptable.

Pestilence[P1]: Basic Type
Known Ability:
-Lightning Storm: call forth a supernatural storm that shocks enemies into oblivion.
-Serpent Summoning: call upon the venomous serpents[Don't attack buildings]
-Diseased Man: summon a group of diseased beasts that fire axes at enemies. They lasted for 1 minute then die.

War[P2]: Defense Type
Known Ability:
-Solidify: covered ally units with bronze in other to strenthen defense
-Burning Sword: strengthen attack power with blazing flames
-Mercenary: call upon a group of weak mercenaries

Famine[P3]: Endurance Type
Known Ability:
-Absorbtion: absorb surrounding enemies' HP and regained 25% HP
-Soul Devourer: greatly damage surrounding units
-Grand Illumination: restore everyone to full health

Death[P4]: Power Type
Known Ability:
-Transformation: transform Hades between Heal and Fighting Mode
-Rise of the Undead: summon an army of undead soldiers that last for 1 minute
-Bulk Up: raise speed and attack, however it's not working

Things you should know:
-The Food Collector heal nearby horsemen
-Destroying buildings also give you spirit point
-Transformation is granted either 2.5 or 5 minutes after one is used[I forgot if I reduced the time or not].
-Burning Sword will not be granted until you used the power. It then will start a 5 minutes timer.
-Speed Upgrade doesn't work
-Read objective when you get to the town.
-A way to cheat in the town is not going in by the entrance, but destroying the walls.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Gnomey
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 2
The fact that "unfinished" is in the title kind of gives it away. In order for this map to work well (and be fun) it really needs to be finished. As I played (and eventually our group resigned) I felt like I had been given a puzzle with only 75% of the pieces.

Balance: 3
Difficult to tell if they would have been balanced if this had been finished. They were mostly equal power wise, but theres not much to compare.

Creativity: 4
Good idea, should have been finished. Good potential.

Map Design: 4
Looks nice, well layed out. No huge complaints, just not amazing.

Story/Instructions: 3
The details I understood best were in the download details. Not much more to say.

Additional Comments:
I wish you had finished it, this map had potential. I am by no means saying this map is literally only 75% finished, I just think there's more work that needed to be done.
Beelzebub
File Author
Hmm, I think I deactivated the Camera Cut trigger... but if you go to the place near the Shop, you will find two old men and it let you choose whether to watch cinematic or not. You must delete one in order to activate Player 1 Kill Counts, because in part of the cinematic, Player 1 get to kill people, so in order to stop that growing toward the kill count, I activate it in the end of the cinematic or if you delete Skip, it will automatically activate the trigger.
Azur
(id: Azur_Fire)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 5
This map was very fun to play, and simple for each character to understand their role. With one main unit per person it was very fun.

Balance: 4
This map would have been impossible without people to heal you so i still think that Famine should have been able to get a lure to invoke so that there could be a food collecter somewhere other then at the start.

Creativity: 4
This map was very very very good, sooo much eyecandy and a good storyline. The idea for the map was very creative and I liked the lighting you used because it kept with the storyline of it being the end of the world.

Map Design: 5
As i said before, AMAZING MAP, because you didn't finish it i didn't take the blank bits of the map into account, so everything was amazing.

Story/Instructions: 3
The story line was sort of minimal, however the movie at the beggining was sooo good, and even if some people thought it was a bit long that was made up for by so much happening. Very good use of triggers and such a good job. However since the map wasn't finished there isn't an end in sight, so there isn't any real final boss...

Additional Comments:
You, however, are a horrible horrible person for not finishing this, but admittedly you did spent ages on it so its just too bad that you didn't finish it...Anyways well done on at least creating this much and i also think the above review should be deleted for being too short...
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Please dont spam.
Nanodude
(id: geodude)
I always say Spam the Spammers!
Beelzebub
File Author
Azur_Fire, you rate horrible and for the fact that this is unfinished, you can't demand more from me, which would make you rate lower, but you didn't...

[Edited on 06/02/07 @ 09:38 AM]

Aomts_help911 Sounds like a nice game to bad you can't finish it.
Dedendous Why isnt it finished?
LichofDarkness If someone(who is good at scenario building) can get permission from Navarone, please make a finished version of this, please. I don't like downloading unfinished stuff.
rakovsky To make the cinematic work, according to El_Curs / Tew2013, you need to select one of the Old Man units in a pack of palm trees in the middle West side of the map and then press Delete. El Curs / TEW2013 posted the following photo of the Old Man you need to delete. You can see it here:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/794234334667079682/804510896474947614/unknown.png?width=1099&height=618

https://discord.com/channels/774278197943861258/794234334667079682/804510897300308020

The Cinematic only works on Multiplayer. The two old man are in a group of palm trees on the Northeast edge of the collection of units and buildings on the west edge of the map.

According to the Scenario Editor, for the Scenario, only the first 4 players are Human and the other Players are "Unavailable" instead of "Human" or "CPU".
The Players' "Civs" in the Editor are:
1.Zeus, 2. Isis, 3. Odin, 4. Kronos, 5. Ra, 6. Zeus, 7.Thor, Vs. 8. Poseidon, 9. Ra, 10. Gaia.
The Room host must put Players 1-7 on a team and Players 8-10 on a team.
Delete one of the two Old Men in the palm trees' patch to the NE of the west corner's units and buildings, in order to watch the video or not.

This is because in the Editor, Players 1-4 and 8-10 are enemies, even though Players 1-7 are all mutually allied with each other, as are Players 5-10. And there are triggers to make Players 5-10 ally with eachother, but not to make Players 1-4 fight 5-7. So it is best as the room host to put Players 1-7 on a single team and then let the triggers ally 5-7 with 8-10. That way the Multiplayer arrangement will match what would happen in Single Player.

To explain it in more detail, setting the Teams as the Room host affects your alliances, because in Multiplayer when I set the Human Players as Team 1 and I set Player 5 as being on his own separate Team, Player 5 started attacking Player 3 in the game, which doesn't happen when playtesting in the Editor. This seems to be a big problem. On DISCORD, Zenophobia wrote: "Yes, the lobby overwrites, but there's a trigger to overwrite the overwrite. And now with patch 2.8, there's also a trigger to overwrite the selected gods as well." In the Editor, there are triggers to make Players 5-10 ally with eachother, but not to make Players 1-4 fight 5-7. So it seems best as the room host to put Players 1-7 on a single team and then let the triggers ally 5-7 with 8-10. That way the Multiplayer arrangement will match what would happen in Single Player.

The scenario works on AOM:TT and AOM:EE.

Some of the spots on the west corner of the map are designed for the opening optional cinematic, like the pack of Egyptian myth units in a desert valley and the Norse style building compound.

There is an African lady on a horse in the west corner also named "Difficulty Chooser", and there are several Mother Nature units surrounding her. I suggest moving her to the unit named "Standard" or deleting that unit (whichever chooses the difficulty), because it's a hard mission and that's the easiest difficulty.

[Edited on 02/01/21 @ 12:56 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0