Please login or register

AoW2/SM Scenario Design
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Gas breath and lightning
posted 09-03-03 02:05 PM EDT (US)   
I've planned a few units using these two abilities. Currently they are not in the game. If I try to give them to units, I cannot target an enemy with them. Is there any way to make these abilities work?

[This message has been edited by Knallwinkel (edited 09-03-2003 @ 02:05 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-03-03 02:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
These abilities do not currently have fx files attached to them. I suggest divine breath for gas breath and hurl lightning for lightning bolts. Also, be sure gas breath is changed to short range and that lightning bolts is given an attack and dmg value. Good luck.
posted 09-03-03 05:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
dont forget to add a damage type, such as poison for gas breath and lightning for l. bolts

Pot - It's whats for dinner.
posted 09-05-03 12:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
It works well now. Thank you for your help.
posted 09-09-03 09:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
I have made an FX file for Gas Breath. I think it can be found in Greenmonster's mod.
posted 09-09-03 10:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
You rock PawelS!
posted 09-10-03 09:18 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
The fx-file of black breath works well, too. But what was used in greenmonster's mod for lightning?
posted 09-11-03 06:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
The black_breath.fx file from the AoW2 demo was a green (poison-looking) breath attack, so that's another way to get a good gas breath fx file. For Lightning Bolts, you can use the Chain Lightning spell but personally, I don't think that works as well as hurl lightning.
posted 09-11-03 06:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
i just used the chain lightning fx.
I've never seen the hurl lightning fx yet, as I've only played SM twice.

as for the breath attacks, you can use a hex editor to change some stuff around
(PawelS let me know how to do it correctly - I wasnt using a hex editor! ).

that is how I made gas breath come out green, divine breath to come out yellow, and I also made 'magic breath' that came out blue, but since we cant ADD abilities ( ), I could only keep 2, and magic breath (although the coolest looking) was the odd ability out...

OFFICIAL PASSWORD KEEPER - email me! aowsm.pass@gmail.com

GMMod for AoW2
'a River Ran Through It' aow2 map 'the Charm'(SM edition)
posted 09-12-03 00:59 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
How did you do the recolorings? They don't all load for me and I want a green dragon for my mod.
posted 09-12-03 09:47 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
Anarch Cassius:

Hmm, the flames that have been discussed in this thread are not recoloured per se - you need to make a copy of, say, Black Breath and then use a hex editor to change the graphics references within the file. For instance, Black Breath has references to the Death and Fire GFX resource files, if memory serves. If you change both of these to Earth instead, you'd get green "flames" - worked fine for me and looks quite good.

If you want to change the actual palette of a unit, you'd need to do some file hacking once again - or write a program which takes care of things for you, as I understand PawelS did. Personally, I'm lazy, so I'm cutting and pasting palette info from and to the files and use Photoshop to adjust the palette.

[This message has been edited by Calanor (edited 09-12-2003 @ 09:52 AM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Scenario Design » Gas breath and lightning
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames