You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Scenario Design
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Marlene's Lachen Bugs (spirit quest bug, etc.)
posted 04-18-20 10:43 AM EDT (US)   
I've tried to played Marlene's Laughter once again during quarantine, but experinced several bugs which a bit ruins the fun to play that great map which worth a campaign:

1. Spirit Quests couldn't be completed from approx. after 20 turns of play.
2. Armies stuck on the map because some of them stacked on one hex
3. Map save doesn't load after 100 or so turns.

Does anybody have some information about scenario event types which could cause such a bugs. I'm eager to fix those bugs and play it at full strength cause it's a masterpiece.

I also experienced bug no. 1 on another scenario The Secret of the Runeblades 1.5. So it's bit common, but I couldn't google it. But I'm sure it was discussed somewhere on the forums.

Mr. Groll I know you are still there =), despite the closure of your Conqueror's Guide thread. I also saw that you mentioned bug number 2 in map intro, so may be you have some ideas where I should search first.
Replies:
posted 05-05-20 09:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
The bugs no. 1 and 2 were presented by events on hex enter that covers quest stone with their radious and also with teleporter which teleport exit is put on quest stone location. They also presented crashes some times. I've fixed them.

As for no. 3 I heard here on the forum that such a bug is presented with multiple on hex enter events, but still I haven't check such a theory. There's another maps according to rumors presented such save corruption -

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=607
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=399

[This message has been edited by Triadasoul_7 (edited 05-05-2020 @ 01:41 PM).]

posted 05-13-20 04:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Marlene's Laughter bugs fixed.

If you haven't played this map by the Groll, you haven't played AoW at it's best. It has tonns of event's, secrets and stories.

But for a long time it was pretty hard to play, because of some nasty bugs. Due to some fortunate circumstances I managed to find out what caused them and fixed them

There are still several rules for smooth playing:
1. That map is designed for UPatch 1.4 and should be played under MPE mod not to get reflecting pool razing save bugs. (MPE - here)
2. When you finish some quest and it's not finished - please re-load last auto-save
3. Keep saving once in 10 turns, some bugs are still there.
4. If you see text in German - please scroll there is a translation.

Bugs fixed:
1. Broken spirit quests
2. Random crashes
3. Army overlapping

If you find out what is causing save game bug (one turn before the bug save for example) - please report %)

Download Scenarie

[This message has been edited by Triadasoul_7 (edited 06-13-2020 @ 03:01 PM).]

posted 06-29-20 07:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Hello!

I am caught and taken away by the waves of private social distortion. I am a broken mind and my spirit is gone. Often I am more dead than alive.

I just found an email from you in my email box on my old PC and come here to say hello and many many thanks for your kind words.

You found some bugs in Marlenes Laughter and fixed them?

This are great news!!!
If I am able to recover from my private misery and despair I would like to come back and talk to you and play with you AoWSM. Maybe even on this map?

You will not know but this email draws me a little back to live just some minutes ago.

I will try to come here and talk.
It will make me happy.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
posted 06-29-20 11:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
I send you an email

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Scenario Design » Marlene's Lachen Bugs (spirit quest bug, etc.)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames