Please login or register

Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Game Piracy And Other Questions
posted 09-20-09 04:53 ET (US)   
In the game, is it possible for pirates to hijack a trade ship? If so, and the traders have already bought exports from you, do you still get to keep the money? Arrr, me hearties.

In the beginning of each city, when the first settler arrives and builds a crude hut, labor recruiters/citizens emerge from each looking for workers. Where do the labor recruiters come from if it's still a mostly empty city?

When you exit the game after a play session, you should be required to center your game view on the mansion. This corresponds to you (the ruler) going home at the end of the day.

If you build the mansion before there's anyone in the city, who puts up the mansion's flags? If it's you yourself, then the city population has to be at least 1.

Immigrants cross over ferry connections even if the ferries themselves aren't running. They build their own boats to cross. But why do they build such fancy boats for one-time use only? What should happen is this:

- If the ferry is NOT running they should build rafts---quick and rickety.

- As they cross by raft, occaisionally a raft should capsize. Then the family has to swim for it.

- If they have to swim for it, they should swim to the nearest shore.

- If the nearest shore is the one they started out from, then they have to repeat the process.

- If the ferry IS running, they take the ferry just like cart pushers and caravans.

- Normal ferry traffic has priority. Immigrants use whatever space is left over.

- Two immigrant families take the same space as one "normal" user. Thus up to 8 families can cross at one time.

- When the ferry is running, immigrants forget about rafts even if it takes longer by ferry.

Since the date is always "something B.C.", the numbers decrease as you play. Then how come the months don't run Dec, Nov, Oct, .... Jan?

Why do you always start the game as the ruler of the city? Why not a cart pusher instead? Here are your options:

- Push the cart.

- Stubbornly stay in one place.

- Take the long way.

- Complain about something.

How come bazaars buy and sell things but no money ever changes hands? The "bank balance" at the top of the screen never changes when bazaars deal.

Have you ever noticed the last two guys in a caravan look like elephants? (That's what I thought they were until I realized I was looking at their BUNDLES.)

How can you can keep fish in a storage yard under the hot Egyptian sun and not stink up the neighborhood?

How come you can open trade routes but not close them? When there's nothing more I need from a city, they just get in the way and insult me. At the very least, there should be an option to insult them back.

The gods can be a real pain in the butt sometimes. I would like to be able to insult them too, for example: Osiris you idiot, the flood's your job, why aren't you doing it?

Is there some way you can get the Egyptians to walk, well, like Egyptians? You know what I mean. (Now THAT would be funny.)

When there is a festival, how come all the workers who don't wander around just keep working? Aren't they supposed to get some time off?

Why isn't there some wildness and crazyness in the festival square during a festival? At least some special music? Just walking around the square doesn't seem like much of a celebration. Maybe someone should take their clothes off.

Sincerely,

Henipatra
Replies:
posted 09-20-09 07:18 ET (US)     1 / 9  
I was afraid for a moment you were going to discuss piracy here ... that would be a short thread indeed, apart from the OP

Most of these suggestions will probably have been done during the alfa and beta testing stage of the game, when it is already possible to play, but there are still too many bugs. Several of your suggestions have been incorporated in later games from the same developers.

If you want your suggestions to really be considered for inclusion into a new game, and not just have some friendly social chat about them, you might try to join of those tests.
posted 09-21-09 10:00 ET (US)     2 / 9  
joshofet,

Oh, c'mon, laugh a little.

BTW, what is OP?

Regards,

Henipatra
posted 09-21-09 10:47 ET (US)     3 / 9  
OP is "Original Post"

Are you a victim? Of anything? Become a survivor by working for change. If anyone else suffers less than I did, then my pain has served a purpose and I hurt less.

Try it http://c3modsquad.freeforums.org/!
posted 09-21-09 11:05 ET (US)     4 / 9  
OP is "Original Post"

I, too, thought "oh boy, the moderator's are going to have some fun with this one" But then I saw who starten it, so I thought that it was going to be about how you shouldn't pirate software.

I liked your suggestions and obsevatios, though. I have a few more to add.

The people here eat a pretty bland diet, even if you have all of the food types available.

If there were an invasion happening, would you continue to push you cart through it?

I often know just where the transport is going to disembark the enemy, I might have two forts of charriots right there, if you were the captain of that transport, are you going to drop off the archers?

If your next dor neighbors house were buning, wouldn't you get out?

I have watched using the overlay during a fire, the houses next door all have high towers, and as soon as the firman is there, the tower collapses, I don't care how many firemen are right there, when the building next door is in flames, you are at risk.

Are you a victim? Of anything? Become a survivor by working for change. If anyone else suffers less than I did, then my pain has served a purpose and I hurt less.

Try it http://c3modsquad.freeforums.org/!
posted 09-21-09 16:07 ET (US)     5 / 9  
Hi! Im new over here! May I add some other curious things?

For example;

You need lots of years to build a mustaba, but some money you can build a very complex Temple Complex in a second.

When a festival is under way... the message is "it has been 1 month since the last festival"... HOW?!

Senet Houses are places to play table games... or getting drunk? Aint easier to build a simple tabern instead of the 4x4 building?

Its important to hace lots of architects... or things like this could happen to you:

[JPEG, (180.80 KB)]

Please, dont ask how... it simply happened to me
posted 09-21-09 16:25 ET (US)     6 / 9  
Hi InarusXII, welcome to Pharaoh Heaven.

An architect post that doesn't generate an architect (perhaps because it has no employees) and that isn't passed by another architect will eventually collapse.
posted 09-21-09 18:02 ET (US)     7 / 9  
@HP I'm sorry you don't share my sense of humour, but some of your ideas have actually been implemented ... and rejected again. At some point during testing of Nile Online pirates were introduced who sunk ships, but that met with such fierce disapproval that it was rapidly changed. Now the gods are sinking ships
posted 09-23-09 02:30 ET (US)     8 / 9  
Hi,

I wasn't aware that Nile Online had pirates that sunk ships. It was not a serious suggestion, just a play on the words "game piracy". Indeed, the entire post was a joke.

BTW, can anyone tell me why the architects are called architects? They certainly don't draw up any building plans. It's the worse example of title inflation since the Army started calling construction workers "engineers".

Sincerely,

Henipatra
posted 09-23-09 04:42 ET (US)     9 / 9  
As I said, many of such jokes have actually been incorporated in later games, much to the amusement of the players ... and the designers I trust. In CIII and Pharaoh the fun is in the texts "spoken" by the people walking around, in Zeus the animations of the gods are quite funny, in ERotMK many building have funny animations, and so does CIV. Several of the jokes are hidden, so called Easter Eggs, that only show up if know where to search, use a cheat code, or happen to stumble upon them.

When you are in the amusement industry, jokes are serious business.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Game Piracy And Other Questions
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames