Please login or register

Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Stupid Judge Won't Go Where He's Needed
posted 05-23-21 11:36 ET (US)   
I'm in Itjtawy at Normal and I have a courthouse. The idiot judge kept going north to the farming district, but I need him to go west into the neighborhood he's supposed to be patrolling.

The courthouse has frontage on the SW side on the loop road of the neighborhood. There is also an access road, next to the NW side of the courthouse, going into the farming district -- although I roadblocked it off. But the stupid judge kept coming out of the N corner of the courthouse, jumping onto the access road, and heading off in the wrong direction.

Since exits from a building are supposed to start on the E side of the N corner, going around clockwise, it would follow that NO special tricks are needed to get the dumb judge to go where he should -- the first valid exit is on the (correct) neighborhood road. But I do know know that an exiting random walker can start on a square one away from where he SHOULD start, invisibly, and start walking from there.

So I roadblocked the access road off with a row of 3 roadblocks (along the side of the courthouse). He kept going the wrong way. I added a 4th roadblock. He kept going the wrong way anyway. Then I added a 5th roadblock, and now he won't leave the courthouse at all.

I'm considering adding a one-square-long road on the E side of the N corner of the courthouse, with nothing but a roadblock on it, so that it's a little more obvious to the dumb judge that this is NOT a valid point to start walking.

On the other side of the same access road is a tax office, and come to think of it, I haven't seen a tax collector walking around the neighborhood lately.

What am I missing?

Henipatra
Replies:
posted 05-23-21 12:32 ET (US)     1 / 3  
What am I missing?
Not all "random" walkers behave the same.

A magistrate (like a constable or tax collector) will appear in a road that is N of the N tile of the building, even if it is roadblocked. For details, see Random walker start and finish points.
posted 05-23-21 16:40 ET (US)     2 / 3  
Thanks, Brugle, the link you gave me seems to be what I needed.

I read the thread, but it's getting late here, and I'll have to read it again some more tomorrow.

Henipatra
posted 05-26-21 10:19 ET (US)     3 / 3  
Hi Brugle,

I moved both the courthouse and the tax collector around and that seems to have fixed the problem. Many thanks!

Henipatra
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Stupid Judge Won't Go Where He's Needed
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames