Please login or register

Caesar IV: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Uncontrollable Fire
posted 06-05-18 00:54 ET (US)   
Hi, I need some help with Caesar IV. I started a single map scenario (desert map) and built an industrial city (importing raw materials and selling manufactured ones).

But at some point the fire started burning the entire city and even with many prefectures I couldn't control the fire. That was insane and a waste of time!

I think I did nothing wrong, as the entire city was well protected by prefectures... What do you think? Nothing to do about it without "tricks"?

(It was the first time I built a big industrial city, so I thought it could be the fire's reason, the many factories).
Replies:
posted 06-05-18 15:46 ET (US)     1 / 6  
Hi Halron.

Deserts are bad for fire, and too many prefects can make things even worse.

There has been a lot of discussion about fires. Have you tried using the search function, with fire as the subject? The information in some of those old posts might help with this problem.
posted 06-05-18 18:33 ET (US)     2 / 6  
Hi kach!

I have seen an old discussion about it here. And some suggestions were about changing game speed, saving and loading the game frequently...

Looked the search function right now after looking your post, thanks, before I found information only via Google search.

Seems I will have to use cheat... My computer isn't powerful and between using some "tricks" like save/load, game speed, it's better to use a "fire cheat".

I started playing this game now, I knew only Caesar II that I played a long time ago, but didn't know how to play properly. Sadly RTS' market doesn't make games like this anymore.

Thanks for your attention!
posted 06-06-18 16:10 ET (US)     3 / 6  
Using the fire cheat has got to better that the frustration of having your city burn to the ground.

Yes, there are no new games like these old city builders. We are lucky that we can still play them.
posted 06-07-18 05:09 ET (US)     4 / 6  
Yeah, I too use a cheat for that. I'm not gonna waist so much time building if a bug can tear it down.
posted 06-11-18 11:03 ET (US)     5 / 6  
I never used cheats so I cant comment on that. First I try not to get in this situation, if already in this situation then I run at lowest speed, ensure highest priority to prefects, and put min two prefects every possible corners n gaps inside and around fire region. I watch carefully for fire to reduce if still not reducing I put more prefects near that building. once fire is off remove extra prefects. this always worked for me with one or two building burnt
posted 04-12-19 03:53 ET (US)     6 / 6  

I've never been able to get the fire cheat to actually work. I'm not even sure if the no demands cheat works for me,
now that I think about it.

It would be nice if the game would reply to a
valid cheat code, to let you know that it accepted it.

If you're on a slower-performing PC, then dropping down
extra prefects may only make the matter worse,
as the prefect's "intelligence" is based on a pool of
available CPU clocks that they all share.

The more prefects you have, the dumber they get.

Limiting the amount of stuff you have running
in the background supposedly helps, so I don't recommend
streaming music, ripping videos, etc., while you're playing.

I've found that efficient planning and placement works best.

If I place a trio (prefect/engineer/well) on the map,
I get good coverage for 35-45 tiles in either direction.
For reference, that's about 4-5 factories or warehouses
on either side.

Hope this helps. . .
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar IV: Game Help » Uncontrollable Fire
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames