Download File Post Review Post Comment

Two Flags: Battle for Africa

Author File Description
shieldwolf23
File Details
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 1
Needs AoC?: No
In August 1942, Erwin Rommel, the 'Desert Fox,' had just completed his masterpiece of the desert war, breaking the British Eighth Army at Gazala, capturing Tobruk, and driving deep into Egypt. The British reformed near El Alamein, just 90 miles from Alexandria.

Rommel's mobile troops were to swing wide into the desert to flank the British line and unhinge it. Bernard Montgomery was waiting, forewarned by ULTRA intercepts, arraying his armor along the ridge of Alam el Halfa. The German assault would pit the tactical finesse of Afrika Korps against greater numbers of tanks and guns. A German victory might complete the clearance of North Africa; a British victory could spell the end of Afrika Korps.

Take control of your chosen army, and achieve a decisive victory!

This is a modded game, showcasing the dedication and hardwork of the Empire Earth Reborn project. Special mention to Philla007. You can see please visit the thread outlining the project here:

https://ee.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=3,38434,,10

Enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Hitjuich I did not except a new scenario from you Shieldy. Looking forward to playing it the coming weekend :)
shieldwolf23
File Author
Haaha, thanks! I was hard-pressed really. Just lost my job and had to go find a living :P

Hope you like the mods made by Philla and team. They are outstanding. The Africa campaign (one for our collaboration) is done and will be sharing over in Empire Creations.
Hitjuich The Reborn team make some excellent content. Good to hear about the African scenario, now I need to finish mine :P Hopefully you can find a new job soon.
shieldwolf23
File Author
Hehehe, thanks man!

And sorry, Atlas. Guys, please try some of the textures of Atlasfield (Atlas777). His textures are used here in this campaign. Try some of his creations here in EEH:

https://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showprofile.php?author=Atlas777

[Edited on 06/28/23 @ 06:51 AM]

EC_TEK I'm sorry to hear about your work, Shield.
Keep the faith ☦
shieldwolf23
File Author
Thanks man! God ALWAYS provides! :)
FrancoisPhilidor Just finished playing. Beautiful Matildas, Stuarts, Grants, Valentines etc

What was a little annoying:
1. How the tanks would run back for ammunition.
2. How the Germans kept coming ALL the time, in small groups. Would have been cooler if they had come in a few big pushes.

What was cool:
1. How the reinforcements always arrived at the right location. They were coming to Montgomery right?
2. How the allied infantry also kept pushing forward automatically with the player.

Ideas for next time:
1. Supply: there should be a long coastal road from Alexandria to Tunis with cities and ports (Tobruk etc). Trucks and supply ships should automatically arrive to those locations that are under player control. For each supply shipment that location's main building should receive e.g. 20 stone.
The amount of stone would automatically go down every minute.
When it's at 0, the hospital in that location should have its area of influence shrunk to 0.
But as long as there is stone in the main building, the area of this hospital should be much bigger than usually and cover the whole location, giving the defenders the advantage that they get automatically healed as long as they are within that location.
There shouldn't be any nurses available so that the player relies on these hospitals.
- Same mechanic for the computer, so that he has a defensive advantage through large-area-healing
Until the player cuts his supply lines

2. Transport: only make recruitment possible in Alexandria. All soldiers should have their speed decreased, and trucks should have a speed of 18, so that the player has to transport troops in trucks from Alexandria

3. Cover behind sandbags and tanks:
As long as "player 1 human" is near sandbags or tanks for a few secs, and is not moving, and is not selected, they assume defensive stance, gain +500 HP, and then switch under control of a friendly computer. The human soldiers of this computer player could also have +1 range.
Reversal:
- If one such human is selected for a few secs, it loses 500hp, and comes back under player 1 control.
- if you select the sandbag, all such units come back under player 1 control.
- if such a unit is not near a friendly tank, it also switches back to player 1 control.

I have implemented this in my Battle for the Pacific scenario. Have a look.
Would be cool if used it in your WW2 scenarios as well

[Edited on 07/16/23 @ 11:45 AM]

shieldwolf23
File Author
Thanks for the ideas Francois! Much much appreciated. Will look into implementing that in my next scenarios :)

EDIT:

The raiders are there to sort of take out the boring mineral-gathering part. However, they do attack in droves once you maintain a specific number of population. Lower than that, then don't attack at all.

[Edited on 07/19/23 @ 03:54 AM]

FrancoisPhilidor Ah understand. didn't notice that with the raiders. Good idea actually.

Nice that there are still some people making such cool scenarios for EE.

I think this game has sth that no other game has achieved so far, especially for the WW2 setting. The combination of land, sea, and air units (with flight time), as well as the macro-economic aspect, all in one, and everything kind of balanced, and minimized to the essentials, not too detailed or time-consuming. There's still no other game like it.
shieldwolf23
File Author
Agree 100%! Rise of Nations comes 2nd to implementing City-building aspects and turn-based strategy. I would love a definitive edition or a remake of that! Thanks again for playing!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:184
Favorites: [Who?]2
Size:7.87 MB