Author File Description
Gweilo2
File Details
# of Episodes: 3
# of Cities: 1
Difficulty: Normal
Custom Maps: Yes
Minimap:
The Tang dynasty's war in Samhan (ancient Korea) was a long and brutal conflict that occurred in the mid 7th century CE. Even as the war concluded, a betrayal by the Tang triggered a bloody rebellion that lasted many more years. Actual historic events from this period have been adapted into this military-oriented campaign.

As one of the Tang's youngest, brightest, and most daring generals, you have been selected to lead an expedition to Samhan. You will face political and military challenges that will reveal not only your own destiny, but the destiny of ancient Samhan itself!

This campaign includes three missions and a player will interact with 8 historically accurate cities. Resources, commodities, and available structures follow the Emperor model for the steel age.

A new custom map of 'enormous' size and temperate climate was created for this campaign. It is a representation of a mountainous island on the west coast of the Korean peninsula.

An extra file is included in this download. It is a text file named 'TSSOS_Readme.txt', and contains installation instructions, background information, campaign design notes, general play tips, and mission hints (warning: contains spoilers). Additionally, other hints are available by viewing the album of playtest screenshots in the Emperor Heaven gallery.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This campaign is rated 'normal' and will provide a difficulty level similar to the campaigns in the core game.

Missions Teasers: (Note - there are no time limits on any missions in this campaign, although M3 has a survival goal)

M1 - A Secret Alliance with the Silla - begins in 643 CE.

M2 - The Subjugation of Samhan - begins in 656 CE.

M3 - Rebellion of the Silla - begins in 670 CE.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
frut_mut
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5

Balance: 4
A little bit too easy compared to others campaigns like "The Wayward Sun Wu Kong" or "The Fall of the Song", but still very fun !

Creativity: 5

Map Design: 5
I love Island maps !

Story/Instructions: 5
Like the others Gweilo's campaigns, a wonderfull story and instructions for a good adaptation.

Thanks again Gweilo for an other wonderfull campaign.
I recently registered on the Emperor Heaven community but I'm a huge fan of the game since the beginning. I started to create my first campaign last week, not finished yet, but I wish I could send it to you first and know what you think before sharing it with everyone.

Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Hi frut_mut! Thank you for taking the time to make a review. It's great that prior players like you and Sampad are returning to this game.

If you use Facebook, there is an Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom page there that I help moderate. Every week or so, we post gameplay tips and other news about the game. You may find it interesting to join.

I can help provide guidance for your new campaign. You can find my personal email in one of the "Readme" text files (scroll to the bottom) that come in the zip file downloads for my campaigns.
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Friends, you may notice that as of today's date (10/10/21) this campaign shows UPDATED. I did update it today to correct two small issues I found during post-release testing. The updated version includes:

1. I fixed a ramp along the hill near the beach on the north side of the island. This ramp was unusable due to placement of a beach tile below it. My fix was to move the ramp two tiles eastward.

2. I removed all "factions" from the campaign. I uncovered a strange bug related to factions that could impact a player's ability to conquer other cities if they enlisted the army of an ally to help, so I decided it was best to remove factions completely. If you want to read more about the details of this, see my new post on factions in the Emperor Scenario Design Palace forum.

Neither of these changes seriously affects the campaign, so use your own judgement about downloading the updated version.
Ryan Of Stoke
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 4
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Really enjoyed playing this campaign, really good story line and I like the time it took to complete each section. Not too long, but you definitely couldn't rush through each one (spoiler alert) especially the last one as it had a time restriction.
It was challenging to build enough housing to complete the third mission, especially the elite housing. Good planning is required and I had to incorporate a gate allowing religious devotees access to the elite area from outside of it to have enough room to build the hosing required.
Thanks for taking the time to create these campaigns as I would have no idea how to create them for myself.
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Hello Ryan! Thanks for leaving the review. :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.5
Creativity5.0