You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Desert Mystic Library

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (Re)Inventing the Skald
posted 03-20-10 09:58 PM EDT (US)   
We all know, in out hearts of hearts, that there will be no expansion pack to ROL, and probably no sequal, too. Yet, in the past, this has never stopped us from speculating, inventing, and imagining how things could be different in a better world in which the company would have taken the game more seriously.
The peurpose of this discussion:
As you might know from the concept art thread I have opned not long ago, one of the original ideas BHG had for the fabled fourth nation was the Skald. Not much we know about them, but we have enaugh information, I believe(mostly pictures), to begin to speculate into more deapth about how they might have been.
We know that they were based primarly on Finnish mythology, thaugh they also had nordic and slavic influences. We know they lived in the frozen north of Aio, and that their forte was Spirit(making them the second "magical" nation of the game, with the Alin). They used ice magic to great effect, even building some of their structures out of ice. What was not made of ice was made mostly from wood, fur, leather, bone, or rough rock.
Among their units were spear(axe?) weilding human warriors(possibly accompanied by "tiger-wolf" things), grimm looking "Snow Witches" riding elks, mammoths with forts on their backs, gryphons, and trolls with spirit cannons(?).
Their heroes apperantly walked the battlefield with their bodies wrapped in a giant spirit "shell" or "avatar", that probably effectively made them cool, giant monsters.
Also some kind of cthuloid monster called an "Auroran Beast", possibly connceted somehow to the northren lights.

Sooo... With this knowledge at hand and our boundless creativity, shall we begin designing, retroactively, the fourt nation of Rise of Legends?
Replies:
posted 05-14-10 01:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
The Skald was actually a fifth race. The fourth race was the Kahan.

Shikata Ga Nai
posted 06-30-10 04:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
I want an expansion and a sequel .
posted 02-21-18 08:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
I want an expansion and a sequel .
+1
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Desert Mystic Library » (Re)Inventing the Skald
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames