You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Desert Mystic Library

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: World Map of AIO discussion
posted 05-29-16 03:49 AM EDT (US)   
This thread is for discussing the Aio world map in Rise of Legends.

Initially we needed an image fix for the hi-res map which can be downloaded here thanks to Jstressman.

Since that is completed the world map can now be discussed: the technical design, official game lore, fan-made worlds and fan fiction using the map, physical adaptation for a tabletop rpg, hex map based game, etc

Rise of Legends - World Map of Aio - released game map

Rise of Legends - World Map of Aio - original concept map

Finished: ROL World map image editing request

We need an Aio world map to be properly finished by a graphics artist:

You can view the image here and download all the files here

The image that needs finishing is "Map v1 - aio in-game world map - hi-res unfinished"
There are 2 blank areas and the 4 leftover square tiles don't fit in and need to be modified to blend in with the rest of the map

You can post here or at Moddb about the image fix

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 08-17-2016 @ 11:14 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-31-16 01:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
I've roughed in the gaps to create a full map image.

Here's a tiny preview:

You can download the full-size PNG image here.

I hope this works for you folks.

[This message has been edited by jstressman (edited 05-31-2016 @ 01:14 AM).]

posted 06-01-16 06:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Thanks a lot jstressman! I'll credit you here and at Moddb

Now fans of the game can use this map for their own creations, whether for scenarios for the actual game or a tabletop rpg for example.

You could also probably use the individual tiles to create your own map but that might take some time to play around with the graphics.
posted 08-15-16 03:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
I'm in such a love with this game that I will probably use it for a tabletop rpg with friends as you suggested alincarpetman . Although what do you think about this hidden map with some icy mountains north of the desert?
posted 08-17-16 11:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
TimorenPL, here is my guess on the 2 maps:

release game map

Northern Scars, Rendomo island = more Vinci lands
Arakif = more Alin lands
Beastlands = Kahan lands

...Or it's possible some of these lands would be a mix of nations, neutral sites or ruins, or wilderness and unsettled by any nation.

original concept map

West = Vinci lands
Center = Alin lands
South = Cuotl lands (maybe the "big crater" is a volcano or where the alien Cuotl crash-landed?)
Center-North = Kahan lands
North = Skald lands

...In an interview one of the game creators said they wanted to add new continents to the existing campaign map, so those new lands could have had the Kahan, Skald and maybe even more nations

So it looks like they had to "scale back" the original concept maybe due to lack of time, money, set deadlines, etc so the Skald and Kahan got cut from the final release of the game.

You can find some Kahan content in the Scenario Editor and using ROL BIG Archiver. I haven't found any Skald content yet, it seems this was left out even in the hidden files.

Apparently the expansion was going to feature a theme of ice and snow, with maybe both the Kahan and Skald as new nations, an expanded world campaign map, and another single player campaign - and probably the set of modding tools that we have needed for a long time now.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 08-17-2016 @ 11:39 AM).]

Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Desert Mystic Library » World Map of AIO discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames