You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Discussion Thread (SPOILER FREE)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-12-19 12:40 PM EDT (US)   

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 10-21-2019 @ 09:19 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-12-19 12:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 52  
Oh God, is that what they're calling it?

AND HOW DO THESE GIANT CHUNKS OF DEBRIS KEEP GETTING MISSED?

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?

[This message has been edited by Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo (edited 04-12-2019 @ 01:13 PM).]

posted 04-12-19 05:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 52  
"Skywalker" is the name of the Resistance's new superweapon, as Luke would've wanted.
posted 04-12-19 05:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 52  

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 04-13-19 00:44 AM EDT (US)     4 / 52  
Hi all...it's been awhile since I've been here, so without further ado here's my thoughts about Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker.

Rey is most likely the Skywalker that the title is referring to, but I don't think she's the daughter of Luke as some people may still think that she is.

I think Rey is a female clone of Anakin Skywalker created by Palpatine.

This would make the statement of her parents being nobodies true from a certain point of view because they don't even exist because a clone has no parents.

What do you guys think about this?

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 04-13-2019 @ 00:46 AM).]

posted 04-14-19 11:34 AM EDT (US)     5 / 52  
I'd be less surprised if Rey were the result of Palpy's Force Conception 2.0. Because that worked out so well last time.

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 04-14-19 04:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 52  
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll summon a huge force storm that kills everyone. Except Finn because it doesn't have an appetite for boring as hell

Oh wait, that's kind of the entire cast... Maybe Palpy borrows the Infinity Gauntlet?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
posted 04-14-19 04:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 52  
That will only delete half.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
posted 04-14-19 05:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 52  
Snap twice

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
posted 04-14-19 06:06 PM EDT (US)     9 / 52  
Except Finn
Can it be "except Rey" instead? She's the only one who deserves to live.

posted 04-14-19 07:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 52  
None deserve

posted 04-14-19 07:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 52  
Snap twice
That will half half. So, one quarter. Brush up on your Zeno.
None deserve
Only Palpy deserves to live.

posted 04-14-19 08:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 52  
None deserve
The character may be a Mary Sue, but Daisy Riddley is charming.

posted 04-14-19 08:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 52  
And I'm sure she would have played an awesome Jaina Solo

posted 04-15-19 08:45 AM EDT (US)     14 / 52  
Daisy, Daisy... give me your answer do...

posted 04-15-19 04:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 52  
I'm sure she's never heard that song before

posted 04-15-19 10:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 52  
She a kyoot. <_<

posted 04-17-19 08:57 AM EDT (US)     17 / 52  
If this is genuinely the last film in the saga, which I find hard to believe, it feels like a shame that the last three films were such a waste. Obviously this hasn't been released yet but I am sceptical of it being any good and even still, it is limited by what has already been in terms of characters, themes and overarching plot...

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 04-17-19 06:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 52  
Daisy, Daisy... give me your answer do...
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet,
Upon the seat,
Of a bicycle made for two.

...So who's making the SPOILER-FREE section of the subject? I just got the news only 5 minutes ago.
posted 04-17-19 07:17 PM EDT (US)     19 / 52  
If this is genuinely the last film in the saga, which I find hard to believe
Disney's going to milk this cash cow dry. Or, dare I say, bleed this cash cow dry.

posted 04-17-19 07:34 PM EDT (US)     20 / 52  
Disney's going to milk this cash cow dry. Or, dare I say, bleed this cash cow dry.
As long as there are OT characters that haven't died unceremonious/pointless deaths, there will be films to fix that

...Or bring them back to die again

posted 04-17-19 08:09 PM EDT (US)     21 / 52  
We know Denis Lawson sensibly refused to come back, so does Chewie or Lando get to die next?

posted 04-17-19 08:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 52  
Well, it's the finale to this shit trilogy, and Leia is gonna have to go off screen, so why not kill them all in one film?

posted 04-18-19 10:30 AM EDT (US)     23 / 52  
As long as Finn, Poe, and Hux die, too, I'll allow it.

posted 04-18-19 02:02 PM EDT (US)     24 / 52  
Hux will for sure. I think they might off Finn or Poe... but then in five years, EPISODE X! And we'll need the reboot cast for that. <_<

posted 04-18-19 06:51 PM EDT (US)     25 / 52  
My guess is they kill Finn, if only because they'd originally planned to kill Poe before the actor begged his way out of it and because Finn is less generally disliked.

posted 04-19-19 06:22 PM EDT (US)     26 / 52  
Poe was an idiot in the last film, so he deserves to be killed off for that. Then again, Haldor was an idiot too.

No wonder the Resistance only had one ship by the end of the film, given how useless their leadership was.

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 04-19-19 07:40 PM EDT (US)     27 / 52  
Well Poe needed to do something to make that boringass chase less boring. Rear-Admiral Useless sure as hell wasn't competent enough to make things interesting.

posted 04-19-19 08:07 PM EDT (US)     28 / 52  
My issue with Holdo is that the only reason we have to believe she's competent is third-hand reports: Poe says he's heard she's amazing. If you want the audience to believe that a character is amazing at what they do, you really do have to show it. Nevertheless, Poe's behavior was worse--there's absolutely no reason he should have been privy to the admiral's plan as a recently demoted officer with a history of recklessness. If he didn't trust Holdo, he at least should have trusted Leia.
Well Poe needed to do something to make that boringass chase less boring.
They could have taken my suggestion and cut every scene that didn't include Luke and Rey.

posted 04-24-19 02:20 PM EDT (US)     29 / 52  

posted 08-26-19 11:07 AM EDT (US)     30 / 52  

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Discussion Thread (SPOILER FREE)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames