SCN Punk l TVS
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: Role Playing Only
Number of scenarios: 12
STAR WARS

SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE
SPECIAL EDITION

Shadows of the Empire - Special Edition is an expansion over my previous SOTE campaign. I have included new features, such as the Power Boost system, which allows you to gain +30 Attack for a limited amount of time and by sacraficing a Power Up. I improved some of the Boss Battles, such as the Gall Spaceport Boss Battle, Suprosa Boss Battle, and the first Xizor's Palace Boss Battle (in the sewers). I improved some of the indoor terrain. I aligned the timers so that sound files play more accurately on newer systems. At the end of Shadows of the Empire, you can view an alternate ending by playing on Hard. And I added two bonus scenarios, "Battle of Hoth" and "Escape from Echo Base", which can be found in the "Dash Rendar Chronicles - Battle of Hoth" campaign.

SOTE DESCRIPTION:
In this campaign, you will take command of Dash Rendar during several missions as you cover the events of the Shadows of the Empire. The campaign includes 10 scenarios, which are In Search of Boba Fett, Ord Mantell Junkyard, Gall Spaceport, Battle of Gall, Beggar's Canyon Chase, Imperial Frieghter Suprosa, Lair of the Dark Prince, Xizor's Palace, Skyhook Battle, and Rendezvous Point. Four of the scenarios are all cut-scenes, while the other six are playable levels. The campaign contains several unique strategies and obstacles that you must solve and has many features, such as Health Containers, which give you Health Points to regain your life when you need to, along with Invincibilty Containers that make you invincible for a given time, Power Ups that give you a bonus Attack strength, and Power Boosts that gives you a +30 Attack bonus for 20 seconds, but sacrafices a Power Up.

DRC:BOH DESCRIPTION
In this campaign, you will take command of Dash Rendar during his missions on Hoth in "The Empire Strikes Back". The campaign includes 2 scenarios, which are Battle of Hoth and Escape from Echo Base. The first scenario is a cut-scene, while the second is a playable level. The campaign contains several unique strategies and obstacles that you must solve and has many features, such as Health Containers, which give you Health Points to regain your life when you need to, along with Invincibilty Containers that make you invincible for a given time, Power Ups that give you a bonus Attack strength, and Power Boosts that gives you a +30 Attack bonus for 20 seconds, but sacrafices a Power Up.

INFORMATION:
You'll want to pay special attention to the Intelligence section. It displays basic information on how to play this scenario. However, I have included a Player's Guide in the zip for those who need extra help with the scenarios or anyone who may want the scenarios to be explained to them in full detail. Make sure you save at all Save Points, the strategies that you must discover can be complicated at times and may require some trial and error.

If for some reason you saved and exited a scenario and reloaded the saved game and the taunt healing no longer works, there's nothing that can be done about it. You'll have to restart the level. Also, if you completed a scenario and the next scenario doesn't become available, try using the "skywalker" cheat on that scenario again until the next scenario appears. Please note that these two issues are bugs with SWGB and not the campaign.

Unzip the "Shadows_of_the_Empire_SE.zip" to your SWGB "Game" folder. All files should then unzip to their proper directories.

Download the Music Clips here:
SOTE_Music_1.zip (Mirror 1)
SOTE_Music_1.zip (Mirror 2)

SOTE_Music_2.zip (Mirror 1)
SOTE_Music_2.zip (Mirror 2)

DRC_Music.zip (Mirror 1)
DRC_Music.zip (Mirror 2)

Download the Modpack here:
SOTE_Mod.zip (Mirror 1)
SOTE_Mod.zip (Mirror 2)

(Note: If you already have the SOTE_Music.zip with the old campaign, you do not need to redownload it.)

MUSIC INFORMATION:

Unzip "SOTE_Music.zip" and "DRC_Music.zip" into your "Star Wars Galactic BattlegroundsGame" folder. All files will then unzip into the proper directories.

Use "Star Wars Open Install.bat" to install the "STAR_WARS_OPEN.mp3". It will make a copy of the "OPEN.MP3" file from the Sound/Stream folder and create it under the name of "STAR_WARS_OPEN.mp3" in your Sound/Scenario folder.

MAKE SURE "Star Wars Open Music Install.bat" IS IN YOUR "Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds/Game" FOLDER!

MODPACK INFORMATION:
Replaces:
Minister Trance Decar --> Prince Xizor
Mara Jade --> Guri
General Dodonna (Wounded) --> Han Solo in Carbonite
Landed Slave I --> Landed Slave I (Boba Fett)
Dash Rendar --> Improved Dash Rendar
(N) Scout --> Dash Rendar on Swoop Bike
Imperial Star Destroyer --> Large Imperial Star Destroyer
Naboo Hub (Top) --> Cantina Table

Includes:
Unit graphics
Icons
Sounds
Language.dll

Description:
This modpack includes graphics, sounds, icons, and a language.dll. Unzip SOTE Mod.mpi to your SWGB "Game" folder, which is likely at C:/Program Files/Lucas Arts/Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds/Game. To install the SOTE Mod, you will need to download the "SWGB Mod Installer" program at the Utility section of SWGB Heaven's Downloads section:

SWGB Mod Installer

I've also included a "Dodonna Icon Fix" modpack which fixes Dodonna's icon, which is normally replaced by Han Solo in Carbonite's icon in the SOTE Mod. Please note that this is a Genie Mod and you cannot play online games with it installed. It also includes the changes in the "All Units" Genie Mod.

How to Install:
Click on the button called "Open Mod", then select "SOTE Mod.mpi".
Once it opens, click on the button called "Install".

How to Uninstall:
After you have installed the modpack, click on the button called "Remove latest" to remove the modpack. But if "SOTE Mod" is not at the top of the list, you must remove all newer mods first.

CREDITS:
Campaign created by:
- Tevious (aka: The Vampire Slayer)

Playtesting done by:
- JamesMartigo
- Master Echuu
- Night Conqueror
- Boris Bronzie

Modpack Credits:
Tevious - Built SLP files, made graphics for Icons, Cantina Table, and Landed Slave I, edited graphics, edited sounds, edited language.dll.
Izzy - Built Prince Xizor model, Guri model, Dash Rendar model, and made the Han Solo in Carbonite frames.
Ykkrosh - Made the Imperial Star Destroyer Mod.

I'd like to thank all my playtesters for helping me make the best out of my campaign and a Special Thanks to Master Echuu for his work on the "Battle of Hoth" cinematic scenario!

- Tevious
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Striker_
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability - 5

SOTE
The playability factor was great in the original, and if possible, even more fun in this version. The few extra things that TVS added were very well thought of and I couldn’t wait to get to the next level in order to see what he had added on.

DRC:BOH
The playability factor in this was majestic, I played it and played it and played it… and after that, I played it some more. And the Boss Battle was epic, I died fourteen times before I finally beat it! And the Wampa scene was very mirth provoking!

Balance - 5

SOTE
What can I say here… brilliant. I was at 75-140 HP for most of the campaign, and the boss battles were very hard and creative, but that’s a whole other catagory.

TVS did a wonderful job at putting groups of soldiers in just the right places and also went the extra mile by doing the boring, tedious triggerwork for the Explosives and placing them all over the base.

Creativity - 5

SOTE
A lot of creativeness in this field. From Trash Compactors to Flame-throwers in hallways, this campaign has it all definitely a five.

You used cliffs for walls. How much original could you get? Oh, that’s right, the Wampa escape scene, running over people in an Assault Tank, and Power Boosts. Yep, this gets a five.

Map Design -5

SOTE
This was great. The eye candy was awesome, and the terrain mixture was perfect.

I really liked the attention to detail in this field, the terrain mixture and eye candy was off the charts, a definite five.

Story/Instructions – 5

SOTE
The story was great considering TVS already had it laid it out for him. And I never was confused about where to go or what to do.

The story was perfect, I was just waiting for the rest of the plot to unfurl itself, and if I needed help, then I had a handy, organized guide that I could consult.

All in all, a great campaign, and sadly, a great way to end your scenario designing career.
Chook
(id: Cerrabore)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5

I can't find anything wrong here. It's just an awesome campaign to play. The regular campaign is as good as ever, and Dash Rendar Chronicles is, if possible, even better!

Balance: 5

Right, not too easy, not too hard. The power boost is a new addition to the campaign, and although it does throw off the difficulty of a couple boss battles, most are still as challenging as they were.

Creativity: 5

Shadows of the Empire introduced several new concepts, including power-ups, flamethrowers, and others. The new feature is, as I said, the power boost, and it was a clever idea.

Map Design: 5

In my original review of Shadows of the Empire, I gave Map Design a 4, because, although most levels shone with eye-candy and such, some were rather lackluster. While the map design isn't improved drastically, there are a few new additions, such as tables in the freighter Suprosa, and they're enough to justify this score.

Story/Instructions: 5

Clear instructions, good tips, and it successfully conveys the story of Shadows of the Empire. My only gripe was that there were several spelling/syntax errors (e.g. "Alright, lets go," - which should have been, "All right, let's go.")

So - this is the first 5.0 I have ever given out, I believe, but then, Shadows of the Empire: Special Edition is, without a doubt, the greatest Galactic Battlegrounds campaign to date.
MaStEr_0_RaZ0R
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
[color= yellow] I'm inspired, this campaign, not only is the best (Besides TPM and FFF) It also is one of the smoothest and most reliable campaigns made -

Creativity - 5

Brilliant, the tweaked missions have a great taste and the good balance of mission objectives give you a good challenge, there are many great cinematics and the campaign has lots of eye candy filled maps.

Playability - 5
This is excellent too, Dash will not die if you control
the health packs and different power up bonuses wisely. there are also a lot of things that you could do and watch, different changes to the character like the speeder bike chase and the outrider battle in Xizor's palace.

Map Design - 5
wOOt!!! The maps just blew me away, there is a great blend of different types of terrian and many different things that you can explore, there are surprises dotted throughout all the maps.

Story/ Instructions - 5
Basically, I only needed to look at intellegence once. Then I pwned the troopers slowly and efficently. The campaigns scripting and different talks with characters are also very complex and explain a lot.

Balance - 5
Im giving this a 5 caz i have nothing to say about the balance, I will try to elaborate . . .

Of all , I liked the idea of taunt based powerups etc, and I liked the evenness of the characters - 600 hp is a good Rpg stat for heroes with the armor :)

I'm greatly impressed by this campaign and i am also now invoking the superior taunt based system onto my new campaigns -

[c=FF0000]RETURN OF THE JEDI[/c] and
[color=Green][/c]

Oh and are ScN Punk doin any more campaigns :P just asking (and hoping for many more good maps;))

Great work!!
The Executor
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
This is probably one of the best points in the campaign, I played the N64 version, and yours was better in some ways, yet there still were leftout parts, but nothing else.

Totally great balance, you could win, and they could beat you, superb.

The absolutely best part of the entire campaign, how did you do it? The boss battles were great, and I loved the cutscenes, and the bitmap is just like the game start screen, I loved this part!

The maps were very detailed, you must have worked hard on this part!

Creative story format, and you even added some not told or understood info the original game never had, you really knew what you were to do at all times, but I did get stuck on the Imperial Freighter level, which has always been my favorite level, n64 version and this campaign.

Additional Comments: Overall probably the best remake of any campaighn out there so far,this is a total need for a person who played the original game, I hope you keep working, I would defintely download any new campaign you come out with!
The Executor Hey Tevious, I was so inspired by your SOTE campaign I am making my own, I hope to release it before the big Empire at War release, it will not be as perfect as yours, but will include some different features, and level designs, and I am making new enemy units that were not used in your awesome campaign, but they will give a new look on the campaign, also I will need to use your music files from this campaign, since I have no access to how you got them, but if you do read this, look for it and good luck on you said to be last campaign. P. S.: Sorry this is so long.
master j
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
i'm new to this.
i thought that the playability was awsome

it was well balanced

the creativity was well creative

the map design was creative and nice

the story and instructions are easy to follow

Additional Comments:
this campaign is just great i suggest all should download
patrickmollohan
(id: Patrick_Mollohan)
Delete me

[Edited on 11/23/14 @ 04:06 AM]

darth Rentor234 Whenever I play the Beggar's Canyon Chase my game always crashes and says that "send error report",how do I fix it?
SCN Punk l TVS
File Author
darth Rentor234, I am unsure what may be causing your game to crash, but I suggest checking to see that you have all modpacks uninstalled except the SOTE Mod. If you have a fresh clean install of SWGB/CC with only this modpack, then I can't think of any reason why it'd crash the game unless your computer is so old that it has a hard time running SWGB to begin with.

Although, this reply is probably far too late. ;-) I only check back on these boards a couple times a year, lol. At least its nice to see I got some new reviews for this and even TPM which I made 4 years ago!

- Tevious
Edi_P I'm probably too late for anyone to read this, but the scen was totally awesome. Nice cinematics, mixed with bossfights of totally unique strategies. Delicious triggers, nice map design and the story aligned to the good old N64. Well done.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0