Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Author File Description
SCN Punk l TVS
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: No
Style: Role Playing Only
Number of scenarios: 10
STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute. Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships, the greedy Trade Federation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo. While the Congress of the Republic endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the supreme chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict....

DESCRIPTION:
Take command of several heroes, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, Anakin Skywalker, and Captain Panaka in several RPG-style journeys throughout The Phantom Menace movie. The campaign includes several missions, such as the Trade Federation Battleship, Swamps of Naboo, The Planet Core, Theed City, Mos Espa, Dessert Encounter, Coruscant, Battle of the Gungans, Control Ship Assault, and Theed Palace. The campaign contains several strategies based around a one-unit population. It also contains many features such as Health Containers to regain life, sound effects, sound/music tracks, a modpack which replaces Utric Sandov with Watto and more!

Information:
You'll want to pay special attention to the Intellegence section. It displays a useful guide to help you understand the basics of each scenario. As for Difficulty levels, I have it set up that you should play the campaign on Easy if you're kinda new to the game, play it on Moderate to kinda just get through the campaign with some challenge, and play it on Hard for it to be challenging.

Unzip the Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.zip into your "Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds/Game" folder. All files should then Unzip to their proper directories.

You can download the optional music files here:
TPM_Music.zip (Mirror 1)
TPM_Music.zip (Mirror 2)

Unzip TPM_Music.zip to your "Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds/Game" folder. All files should then Unzip to their proper directories.

Use "Star Wars Open Music Install.bat" to install the "STAR_WARS_OPEN.mp3". It will make a copy of the "OPEN.MP3" file from the Sound/Stream folder and create it under the name of "STAR_WARS_OPEN.mp3" in your Sound/Scenario folder.

MAKE SURE "Star Wars Open Music Install.bat" IS IN YOUR "Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds/Game" FOLDER!

The campaign includes a Watto.mpi modpack file. Watto plays a role in Part 5 - Mos Espa, so you can use this modpack to change the graphics of Utric Sandov to Watto. The modpack includes graphics of Watto, sounds, an icon, and a language.dll which changes Utric Sandov's name to Watto. To install the Watto Mod, you will need to download the "SWGB Mod Installer" program at the Utility section of SWGB Heaven's Downloads section:

SWGB Mod Installer

You can also find updated versions of the program there as well. Below are instructions on how to Install the Watto Mod:

How to Install:
Click on the button called "Open Mod", then select "Watto.mpi". Once it opens, click on the button called "Install".

How to Uninstall:
After you have installed the modpack, click on the button called "Remove latest" to remove the modpack. But if "Watto mod" is not at the top of the list, you must remove all newer mods first.

Credits:
Campaign created by:
- Tevious (aka: The Vampire Slayer)

Playtesting done by:
- JamesMartigo
- Izzy
- Yehoshua Yisrael

Modpack graphics done by:
- Tevious (aka: The Vampire Slayer)
- Izzy

Modpack installer done by:
- Ykkrosh

I'd like to thank all my playtesters for helping me make the best out of my campaign and Ykkrosh for making my modpack possible.

- Tevious
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Sonikku
(id: Obi_Wan)
Your campaign was great! The only problem was the second level. I dont understand how to go through the Trade Federations camp! With all Droidekas its impossible! However that campaign was the best of every episode 1 campaign i played! (including mine, its sucks so much i dont put it on this page)

[Edited on 08/11/14 @ 01:53 PM]

Tevious
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
Perhaps I'll convert that tutorial for SWGB and add others like my Modding Tutorial and perhaps convert the RMS tutorial as well. I just wonder if Spineman would ever get around to adding it. He never did add my AoK Tutorial, though AoKH is almost dead now so it really doesn't matter. I'll contact him and talk to him about it.
Midgard Eagle
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: When I downloaded this scenario, I feared that it might either be just another download with 80 per cent fixed force (that the TF droid control ship would just be forcing your way trough 100 droids, for example), or that it would have a lot of boring and unrealistic add-ons from the movie like in the game The Phantom Menace. But it was neither.

In fact, what I was surprised to see was that the author clearly has been more inspired by the TPM game than the TPM movie. If I'm confusing you by first using the said game as a negative example and then bring it up as a positive point, I'll explain: While TPM almost does not at all follow the movie (90% of the game consists of you being on your own because you're separated from the others by falling trough the floor or being at the wrong side of a collapsing bridge or wall), this scenario follows the movie quite nicely, and while it has a good deal of 'the door is locked, find the controls' in it, it doesn't seem too obvious and doesn't slow down gameplay. Also, the game is full of scripted events, which includes about all the conversation scenes from the game. Also, some lightsaber action scenes are scripted, such as Obi-Wan throwing a laser bolt back at a droid with his lightsaber from about 5 tiles away, like in the movies. There are also a few creative elements such as blasting trough windows, eating fruit to gain additional HP/Attack points, and collecting Supply boxes to regain your HP.

So why doesn't the playability rating get a full 5.0? Because of the fact that about all of the featured puzzles in the scenarios' (which are, in fact, another creativity and playability boost) solutions are given away in the hints/recon section.

For example, at one point in the game you encounter a horde of TF droids in a clearing littered with HP boxes. As the TF force is overwhelming, the player should not stop and fight but instead run trough the clearing picking up HP boxes. Of course the player will try to fight (and get his butt kicked) a few times, but eventually he will realise that he's supposed to run trough the clearing. However, in the recon section it says that 'you will encounter a vastly superior TF army in this scenario. Run trough the area and pick up the boxes instead of fighting the droids'. I am wondering why the designers are simply giving away solutions like this instead of subtly putting something like 'fighting may not always be the best option' or 'if you find yourself outgunned, run away or try to rush your way trough'. In the clearing example, Obi-Wan could have said something like, 'there are too many of them, let's just get out of here!', giving the player a mere subtle hint of what to make out of the situation.

Balance: The game is neither too easy or too hard. Altough you only control one person at a time (which also gives more of an RPG than FF-feel), your allied units will fight with you (even most of your mission critical units, like Amidala).

Creativity: By now you should have figured that the game uses elements from the TPM game, so you may wonder what nutbar gives a scenario based on a movie (meaning you won't have to come up with a storyline yourself) and which also borrows elements from another game get a perfect 5? Because this game oozes of creativtity in the field of map design. A handful of the features have already been listed in the playability section, but I'll list them again here: Scripted scenes where Jedi who uses their lightsabers to deflect laser blasts, a gate that requires you to type in a certain code for it to open (using the chat menu).. I would feel bad about listing them all, as I would leave the player to discover them by him/herself.

Map Desing: The maps are simply fantastic. When in the swamps, you get the feeling that you are in the swamps. When you are inside a building, you get the feeling you are inside a building. Also, it's got background effects and -music to spice it up off of that plain old SW mix. Add a ton of eye-candy and pretty realistic AI, such as citizens walking around talking to you when you walk by, and you won't really have anything to subtract.

Story/Instructions: Story details are provided before every scenario, but these are slightly disorganised (there is no background in the History section because the background is used in the Introduction section, for example). However, this is not what takes away a point from this grade. What does take away a point is that the full solutions to the puzzles are listed in detail in the Reconnaisance section. Yes, some of the puzzles may be tricky, but some of the fun is to be given a few hints and then discover the solution yourself. It may seem unfair to subtract points in both areas for this, but I feel it kind of is a minus to both areas.

In conclusion, this is a fantastic scenario that has a lot of thought put into it. The beginning and ending scenes, scripted events, puzzles, eye-candy, and new features gives it both fun and replay value. A number one download!
Midgard Eagle Allow me to make a correction to the review: When I say it seems inspired by the TPM game, this only applies to some of the scenarios. Many are 100% original and you should not regard this scenario as a TPM rip-off. Note that I did not substract points for this, as I saw no reason to do so (first, it's only a pair of the scenarios, second, it doesn't really matter).
ATJim I adore your Scens and Camps Vampire Slayer! This is no exception! It follows the movie AND the game equally well,
and I must say I don't like much RPGs, but that was an exception. My only complain is that you can't control the Gungs in the Grassy Plains battle. But, I guess the plot
would be ruined if you actually won the battle! Keep up the good scenarios!

[Edited on 08/11/14 @ 01:53 PM]

FTS_CT_Cemmott WOW! Ive played some of the punks' missions for AOK and as soon as i saw this one i didnt even look at the desc, i just got it. And once again they have surpassed themselves... I WANNA BE THAT GOOD!
Midgard Eagle Can people start reading the review tutorial already?
Tevious
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
Thanks for the review Midgard Eagle. :-) The only thing I disagree with is that you marked off on Instructions for basically the same reason you did in Playability because you feel the Intellegence section hurt the gameplay to have such a detailed guide. I just don't see how that hurts the Instructions if it only has to do with the story, spelling and how clear the instructions are, but ohh well. Thanks again. ;-)

Quoted from Midgard Eagle:
"Allow me to make a correction to the review:"

You know you can edit your comment/review now, right?

BTW, I didn't use the History or Reconnaisance section. The guide I used was placed in the Intellegence section. I didn't see any need to use the Reconnaisance section and I didn't want to rewrite in text more details on the whole movie for the History section. I don't believe the main story belongs in the History section, just extra background info. ;-)

- The Vampire Slayer
Darth Viserat This is the best campaign I ever played!
I think it`s even better(much better) than the official campaigns!

By the way, VampireSlayer. I`m working on a new campaign called Frozen secrets,and I`m using a couple of ideas like the mission in the ocean from you. Will that be okay? Please contact me via de General Discussions forum.

[Edited on 08/11/14 @ 01:54 PM]

ccoppen The campaign was awesome. This is perhaps one of the best I've ever played, apart from the Prince of Egypt ones in AOK. I knocked it off on balance because I played all the scenarios straight through on medium without losing. It took me about 4 hours. I can't beat the campaigns that came with the game like that on easy. Story/instructions got knocked off for various spelling errors throughout the game. example: greatful is spelled grateful
Anyway, good campaign. Huge download though.

[Edited on 08/11/14 @ 01:54 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.8