Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: On "Petition" Threads
posted 09-03-05 07:16 PM EDT (US)   
This is to inform all the forumers that no more petition type threads will be allowed on the forums.
For one, ES already goes through most of the threads made here and there isn't much use in making the same thread again in the form of a petition.

Also, these threads contain a lot of "sign" spam posts.

Apart from the fact that ES has already stated that petitions are not really going to make them change anything there is also the danger of having petitions now on everything.

As a result, the staff of AoE3H and HG has decided to close the current petition threads and not let any new ones be made. It is perfectly allright to have a dissussion on a topic, just NO Petitions.

Some petition topics are actually useful discussions, such as the Realistic Ship Movement one. The thing is, the thread gets shot down by posts that simply say "signed" and doesn't contribute much to the discussion. If we simply discuss these things ES will read and decide on what they find better, as usual.

Thanks,

-Elpea
Temporary AoE3H Seraph (includes real plastic badge).

Replies:
posted 09-03-05 07:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  

Quote:

Also, these threads contain a lot of "sign" spam posts.

I though that is what one does to petitions?

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
posted 09-03-05 07:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
That's the point, it's a discussion forum not a petition site.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 09-03-05 07:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
YEAH, YES, THank you, Wooooha, the whole petition thing was getting outta hand! Constructive ideas are "smart ideas" for everyone, these guys do this all day, they can spot a good idea when they see it! No need to beat a dead DRAGOON!
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » On "Petition" Threads
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames