You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Unique Church techs (for reference)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-27-05 05:29 PM EDT (US)   
This was asked for in a different thread (not to mention I planned on putting it in myself), so I figured I may as well post it.

Each civilization has different unique Church/Mosque techs that are available only after you play the "Unique Church/Mosque" card for that civilization (lvl 10+ card; Cathedral page).

British:

• Thin Red Line - II - no cost - Infantry: +20% HP, -25% speed
  • Black Watch - III - 1000 F - Shipment: 8 Black Watch (Highlanders)
  • Roger's Rangers - IV - 2000 G - Shipment: 26 Roger's Rangers (Guard Skirmishers)
Dutch:
  • Coffee Trade - II - no cost - Military: -10% speed; Banks: +2 limit
  • Waardgelders - III - 1000 G - Shipment: 5 Waardgelders (Stradiots)
  • Stadholders - IV - 2000 G - Shipment: 30 Stadholders (Guard Musketeers)
French:
  • Code Napoleon - II - no cost - Settlers: all gather rates +10%; Buildings: +50% cost
  • Garde Imperial 1 - II - 500 F - Shipment: 4 Young Guard (Veteran Grenadiers)
  • Garde Imperial 2 - III - 1000 F - Shipment: 10 Middle Guard (Guard Grenadiers); all remaining Young Guard upgraded to Middle Guard - Prerequisite: Garde Imperial 1
  • Garde Imperial 3 - IV - 2000 F - Middle Guard: +10% HP/attack (all), name is now Old Guard; Shipment: 15 Old Guard - Prerequisite: Garde Imperial 2
German:
  • Tilly's Discipline - II - no cost - Infantry: +20% speed, +10% cost
  • Wallenstein's Contracts - III - 3000 G (2250 G w/ Mercenary Loyalty card) - no cost for Mercenary shipments
  • Zweihander - IV - 2000 G - Shipment: 12 Dopplesoldners; Dopplesoldners: +10% HP
Ottoman:
  • Tufanci Corps - III - 1000 W - Shipment: 15 Janissaries
  • Topcu Corps - IV - 1500 F - Shipment: 3 Great Bombards
Portuguese:
  • Enconmedia Manor - II - no cost - Settlers: +20% Mill gather rate; -5% gather rate for all other types
  • Bestieros - III - 2000 W - Shipment: 22 Crossbowmen; all Crossbowmen become Bestieros—the equivalent of Guard Crossbowmen (+50% HP/attack (all) over regular Crossbowmen)
  • Order of the Tower and Sword - 2000 W - Shipment: 11 Tower and Sword Riders (Black Riders)
Russian:
  • Westernization - III - 900 W - Cossacks/Grenadiers/Musketeers/Strelets: upgraded to Veteran status
  • Petrine Reforms - IV - 2500 G - Cossacks/Oprichniks/Musketeers/Halberdiers/Strelets: upgraded to Guard status; Grenadiers: upgraded to Pavlov Grenadiers (Royal Guard Grenadiers); Cavalry Archers: upgraded to Tartar Cavalry Archers (Royal Guard Cavalry Archers) - Prerequisite: Westernization
  • Kalmucks - III - 1000 W - Shipment: 9 Kalmucks (Guard Dragoons)
  • Bashkir Ponies - IV - 2000 G - Shipment: 17 Bashkirs (Guard Hussars)
Spanish:
  • Corsolet - II - no cost - Heavy Infantry: +25% HP, -15% speed (Heavy Infantry includes Pikemen, Rodeleros, Musketeers, Halberdiers)
  • Quatrefage - III - 1000 W - Shipment: 13 Guard Halberdiers
  • Wild Geese - IV - 2000 W - Shipment: 10 Wild Geese (Hackapells)

Note: F = Food, W = Wood, G = Gold

Gamespy nick: _AFO_Forsaken
All For One
All things considered, leaving the plunger in the toilet before going was probably a bad idea...
There are 2 kinds of people: those who try to install light bulbs, and those who make jokes about the people that try to install light bulbs.
If life throws you a lemon, make lemonade; if life throws you lemonade, make sure it doesn't throw it in your eyes.

[This message has been edited by Scot_free (edited 11-09-2005 @ 04:30 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-27-05 05:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 46  
Nice work. Thanks a lot for the info. Those Portugese church techs cost all wood and those crossbowmen would be uber.

Some of the unique techs which dont cost resources give something good but take something away.

[This message has been edited by ShadowZX (edited 10-27-2005 @ 05:38 PM).]

posted 10-27-05 05:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 46  
thanx! ive been wondering what they are....

could u get the armory techs as well?

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 10-27-05 05:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 46  
    Thank you! I have been wondering about these! Nice work.
    posted 10-27-05 05:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 46  
    Flammifer's post (#3) in the thread What do the unique armory techs do? has the effects of the Advanced Arsenal techs (though not quite as pretty of a format ).

As for the Portuguese Crossbowmen tech, I got to use it yesterday offline, was kinda fun have 60-70 Bestieros running around shooting stuff up (though they still take a while to take down buildings...probably Portuguese's hardest feat to accomplish, since they have no Falconets).

Gamespy nick: _AFO_Forsaken
    All For One
    All things considered, leaving the plunger in the toilet before going was probably a bad idea...
    There are 2 kinds of people: those who try to install light bulbs, and those who make jokes about the people that try to install light bulbs.
    If life throws you a lemon, make lemonade; if life throws you lemonade, make sure it doesn't throw it in your eyes.
    posted 10-27-05 06:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 46  
    ^ yea, they have organs guns instead, although they r better against units than falconets but weaker against buildings. I m gonna keep the "Unique Church/Mosque" card in my deck(s).

[This message has been edited by ShadowZX (edited 10-27-2005 @ 06:08 PM).]

posted 10-27-05 07:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 46  
    ty

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 10-27-05 07:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 46  
    A fun thing to do with dutch is get both that and the Advanced Arsenal. The Military Drums upgrade negates their Church upgrade's -10% speed.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
    utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
    "The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
    Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
    posted 10-27-05 07:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 46  
    I never knew this! This should help my Dutch game (though...it doesn't look like the Dutch bonuses do too much...)

"Fool, I have auto-dialing!" -Techno Bill
    posted 10-27-05 09:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 46  
    O.o

French has a +10% rate but buildings cost 50% more after? doesn't that kinda suck? or does it work really well....

posted 10-27-05 11:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 46  
    All of them have tradeoffs. Personally I'd get the French card no questions once I've built my houses, mills and plantations. By that point the majority of your income is spent on troops and techs. However it would suck to have those expensive mills/plantations destroyed afterwards.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
    posted 10-28-05 01:46 AM EDT (US)     11 / 46  
    Thanks a lot for this.

I think the techs are too expensive considering you already had to use up a card on them that you could've used on 1000 coin. The british techs look the best though, 1000F for 8 highlanders is a steal. Brits can have a monster army of highlanders and jaegers.

posted 10-28-05 02:34 AM EDT (US)     12 / 46  
    I play french a lot and use code napoléon around age 2, and no the extra building cost doesnt seem to affect me as I have so much resources coming in. You start to expect things to cost about that much as you have that much resources, but since only buildings cost that much you can build everythign else extremely cheap. Its a very good card to use with both farm cards and both plantation cards.
    posted 10-28-05 09:02 AM EDT (US)     13 / 46  
    The Russian things look extremely useful! All units upgraded for a very cheap price!
    posted 10-28-05 10:23 AM EDT (US)     14 / 46  
    Germans no cost mercs? Wow!

Guide to Debugging RMS
    Download my RMS here
    Help improve RMS reviewing here
    A monk I need a monk.
    I thought therefore I was.
    posted 10-28-05 10:32 AM EDT (US)     15 / 46  
    Ya, I played defence yesterday, all the time saving home shipments untill I used the free merc.'s card - then sent 4 shipments of merc's and used the Iriquois mantlet war card and rolled over the other two civ's with 240+ pop.
    posted 10-28-05 02:24 PM EDT (US)     16 / 46  
    Thanks for putting up the church techs.
    I too was thinking of doing that when you first posted this
    so much obliged.

I am presently tweaking the unit names a little in my tooltips to make some stuff a little less confusing (veteran -> guard -> royal guard -> imperial ) for some people

posted 10-28-05 09:53 PM EDT (US)     17 / 46  
    A good strat with the Germans (works best if you have lots of Merc cards in your deck, to make it worthwhile) is to research that free Merc tech, then send your Mercs over, then go Imperial, then send them all a second time! It only really works well if the enemy isn't going for you, otherwise your population will be taken up with Mercs, so you won't be able to train regualr units to defend, and you'll have to use your Mercs to defend your base. And even though those Mercs are strong, they're not unstoppable. Then your Mercs will be dead and your second shipment of Mercs will be lonely without their other Merc buddies to keep them company.

--Ian the Crux

KEEP OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT

Those UV rays will get you every time.

Go to www.thinkgeek.com, it is awesome!!

posted 10-28-05 10:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 46  

Quote:

A good strat with the Germans (works best if you have lots of Merc cards in your deck, to make it worthwhile) is to research that free Merc tech, then send your Mercs over, then go Imperial, then send them all a second time! It only really works well if the enemy isn't going for you, otherwise your population will be taken up with Mercs, so you won't be able to train regualr units to defend, and you'll have to use your Mercs to defend your base. And even though those Mercs are strong, they're not unstoppable. Then your Mercs will be dead and your second shipment of Mercs will be lonely without their other Merc buddies to keep them company.

Almost no games are going to go into industrial age, farless imperial age. So this 'unstoppable' strategy is hardly ever in usable.

posted 10-28-05 10:24 PM EDT (US)     19 / 46  
    Ceres, don't be a boob.

In every game I have played for ESO 2 players have gonna into industrial.

Scot, thanks for the tech list.

posted 10-28-05 10:26 PM EDT (US)     20 / 46  
    If theres no rushing then most games go industrial or atleast to fortress but imperial is rarely ever reached.
    posted 10-28-05 10:38 PM EDT (US)     21 / 46  

Quote:

So this 'unstoppable' strategy is hardly ever in usable

Um... I didn't say it was 'unstoppable'. I just think it'd be a cool strategy. Personally, I get enough units to defend against any rushes, then boom until I can get 50 or so Dopplesoldners to go and attack the enemy town.

--Ian the Crux

KEEP OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT

Those UV rays will get you every time.

Go to www.thinkgeek.com, it is awesome!!

posted 10-29-05 05:24 PM EDT (US)     22 / 46  
    hey, the British "Rogers Rangers" for instance, are they just the same as guard skirmishers, or are they "enhanced" guard skirmishers?

Word spread like darkness, tiny rumor after rumor trickling its way through the ears and mouths of all wise enough to hear it.Through this day its very existence remains mythed,its origin unclear, remembered only by few. Silence kept it hidden, legend kept it alive, darkness kept it feared. The true might of the skies; the Supreme Air Power....
    posted 10-29-05 10:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 46  
    Nice job! I like this list. And the Three SPC civs have their own unique church tech. Also, these techs are strange and Helpful(helpless).
    posted 10-30-05 00:57 AM EDT (US)     24 / 46  
    Thank you so much!

The Legion Clan is the oldest international clan in the gaming community with a founding date of 1999. For years have we held on to our traditions, tournaments, and even play-styles. Basically what we always look for is bright minds, superior skills, and interesting personalities. We only invite people to be a part of our family that we can achieve something with. Now don’t tell me The Legion Clan doesn’t know what’s important. Join a clan with history, one you can trust, join L Clan.
    posted 11-08-05 09:13 PM EDT (US)     25 / 46  
    Petrine Reforms - IV - 2500 G - Cossacks/Oprichniks/Musketeers/Halberdiers/Strelets: upgraded to Guard status; Grenadiers: upgraded to Pavlov Grenadiers (Royal Guard Grenadiers); Cavalry Archers: upgraded to Tartar Cavalry Archers (Royal Guard Cavalry Archers)

This is not in the game

Cool list tho, Germans get the best ones I reckon

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Unique Church techs (for reference)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames