Please login or register

Tech Help & Website Feedback
Moderated by Maffia

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Error 1305
posted 03-09-07 11:16 PM EDT (US)   
Ok while I'm installing AOE3 at the very last bar a popup comes up and says "Error 1305. Error reading file G:\Program Files\Micrsoft Games\Age of EmpiresIII\art\art.bar. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."
I found the exact file no problem! What should i do?

But the strange thing is I can load up the game no problem but it has very very very very very very low quality and a few things are missing, just as long as I keep the instalation up.

Thanks

Replies:
posted 03-10-07 01:10 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
1335 and 1305
Are file read errors. 1335 indicates a corrupt cab file and might be a bad disk, bad CD-Rom reader. The test is to try to copy the entire contents of the CD to the hard drive (xcopy is best). If it fails to copy you either have a bad drive or bad CD-Rom.

Is an error trying to read from a file and may also be due to a corrupt cab file or other corrupted file on the CD, or file that's copied to the temp dir that hits a flakey sector. If it's not the CD-Rom or the CD-drive, then move the temp location

-agecommunity tech forums

hoep that helps

if it doesnt repost describing exactly what happend so i cna help out more

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL

[This message has been edited by Cookiecrisp13 (edited 03-10-2007 @ 01:11 AM).]

posted 03-10-07 01:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Okay well I took it back and told them it didn't work so they gave me a new box and now it works fine! thanks alot!
posted 03-11-07 00:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
ah, so it was the cd

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Tech Help & Website Feedback » Error 1305
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames