Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: FFA Fun Series Autumn/Winter 2007
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30  Next Page »
posted 06-23-07 06:28 AM EDT (US)   
Hello All,

For those of you who don’t know me, I am LordPatrick, or LP. I recently enough hosted a FFA Fun Series for the Spring/ Summer months, but technically it was only for Spring, as I had exams, and others had holidays. I am now hosting the 2nd of these series, for the Autumn/Winter months, but once again, due to the release of TAD sometime this Autumn, it will be starting mid-August to get the maximum amount of rounds in before TAD is released. So actually, this will be the last, although only the 2nd, TWC FFA Series, and I hope that it will be a memorable one.

The last Series had around 30 contestants, although some joined late, and some left early for one reason or another. But I suppose that is he joy of the FFA League, the fact that there is no pressure to play a round when you have previous engagements, or simply are feeling a bit under the weather.

Round 8

Map: Yukon
Date: 13th October
Time: 7.30pm GMT/ 8:30pm British Time/ 3:30pm HG Time
Themes:

Patience is a Virtue

Last to Colonial gets 7 Points

One By One

Can only go Fortress when there are 5 people left. Can onyl go Industrial when there are 4 people left. Only last two can go Imperial. Anyone can revolt. If someone Disconnects, don't count them as being KO'ed, unless they were practically dead and liek just pulled the plug instead of resigning.

The contestants so far:

CookieCrisp13 = 208 Points
chinnie = 148 Points
Eicho = 143 Points
Sporting_Lisbon = 134 Points
LordPatrick = 119 Points
Bastiaan = 106 Points
AIGuy = 102 Points
C4tClysm = 100 Points
_Kenji_ = 84 Points
Dux = 79 Points
madame_praline = 68 Points
wigs = 58 Points
IRP_m0f0 = 49 Points
Walker_5 = 47 Points
Elite_Milne = 42 Points
JimXIX = 39 Points
RetroPriest = 38 Points
Bullet_Bill = 36 Points
Karel007 = 35 Points
smashnbash = 31 Points
bacon = 28 Points
Orlando_the_Axe = 24 Points
the_emperor222 = 24 Points
OdinOwesMe = 23 Points
steve09 = 23 Points
Mr_CoolBeans = 22 Points
Anthonythegreat = 21 Points
PCFreak8 = 19 Points
LordGeneral = 16 Points
JarlNick = 13 Points
goatlancer = 11 Points
chickenboy99 = 7 Points
Brian_NI = 4 Points
Hydrovert5 = 4 Points
General_II = 3 Points
Fecas =2 Points
Tommo = 1 Point
the_emperor = 0 Points
LordKivlov = 0 Points
ziGGysiGGy43 = 0 Points
Stonewall J = 0 Points
Destiny_Devil = 0 Points
MusketeerKing = 0 Points
AceOfKings = 0 Points
3snrocks = 0 Points
zuppa44 = 0 Points
OBESECOW = 0 Points
hazordousPickle = 0 Points
IAmMegaNoob = 0 Points
Fail_Safe = 0 Points
mentork = 0 Points
sandstorm = 0 Points
French_assailant = 0 Points
Farragut = 0 Points
CrazWildSin = 0 Points

The League runs on a point system, with players trying to earn maximum points each round, and the person with the most points at the end of the League wins. The point system was made to try and make games more fun, encouraging rushing and revolting, and not benefiting defensive players nearly as much.

As an added spice to the rounds, each round shall have 1 or 2 themes, as such, which either reward players for certain tasks completed, or force all players to drastically change their game plan. Some of themes from the previous League include:

“Patience is a Virtue” - Last to Colonial Gets Points
“One By One” - Only allowed progress to the next age once a player has been ko’ed, not inc. Discovery
“10 Card Decks” - 10 Cards per Deck.

I will include the successful themes from the last Series and hopefully many more. Feel free to tell me your ideas on ESO. During the League, I will be on ESO regularly, but sometimes leave it logged in, while I am AFK. Simply whisper your question/idea, and I will read it when I come back on the computer.

The formalities covered, I will now proceed to the rules.

Entry

Anyone can enter. In a FFA, everyone starts the game with an equal chance of winning. Rank means little when it’s everyone man for himself. And as long as you have fun, that’s all that matters. Everyone’s a winner at the end of the day! To sign up, simply leave your ESO name here.

Times And Dates

Each Round, the chatroom will be set up on ESO at 7.30pm GMT, or 3.30pm EDT (HG Time). The chat will be open for 1 Hour. Try to turn up early so you can be guarenteed a game, as it is often 1 or 2 players don't get a game because they are late and there isn't enough people.

The 1st Round will be on the 11th of August, 2007. The lat round will be determined by the Release of TAD. Rounds will continue to happen until TAD is released.

Games

On the time of the round, I will tell certain people to host a game, and who to invite. You do not host or choose which game you want to be in. Once a game is full, you can go ahead with the game. The last game will always wait until 4.30pm to start, as I have to play in the last game, and I have to wait until 4.30pm to start.

Rules

- All games must be recorded
- Any cheating of any kind will result in an immediate ban from the League, and all further Leagues.
- The map will be set beforehand.
- All HC Levels
- No Warships
- The Point system stops after 1 Hour 45 Mins. When I am watching the recording, I will pause it on that time, and adjudicate all further points.
- No unsportsmanlike behaviour. If you don’t have anything positive to say, don’t say anything.
- Everyone must have fun :P.

Point System

Winning = 7 Points

Runner-up = 5 Points

Third Place = 3 Points

Unique Civ = 1 Point

Knocking Someone Out (I decide, may be split between two) = 4 Points

Being 2X Teamed (I decide if enough damage was done) = 4 Points

Knocking a TC sub-10Mins = 8 Points

Knocking a TC sub-15 Mins = 4 Points

Revolting = 2 Points

KO’ing,, or Joint KO’ing Someone After Revolting = 6 Points

First to 1000 Points = 2 Points

First to Industrial = 1 Point

First to Trigger a Trade Monopoly = 2 Points

Winning Using a TM = 20 Points*

Stopping a TM (May be Split) = 2 Points*

Wall Spamming = - 6 Points**

* - To get the points for winning with a TM, there must be at least 2 Others Present in the game. Every time a certain person triggers a TM, the value for that person winning with it drops by 1 Point. So if I win with TM after triggering it twice before triggering it and winning, I only get 18 Points. If you trigger it first, and then trigger it a second time and win, you get 21 Points ( 20+2-1).

** - There is nothing wrong with an outer wall, and then a wall protecting your eco inside it, but you will lose the 2 Points if you build layers upon layers of walls. Again, I decide what counts as wall spamming.

As you can see, there is heavy points for rushing, even more than that for winning. This is to stop cagy games where everyone booms to try and win the game. It encourages open fighting from the start. And please, don’t leave your TC open top a 15 Pike rush sub-10Mins. 5 Xbows would stop the other guy walking away with an easy 8 Points.

So, I guess that’s it then. I don’t think I’ve forgotten anything …

Leave your ESO, and I’ll sign you up. Sign-ups will end, in around 4 weeks time. I am going to Alton Towers, and then straight to Irish College after that, 3 days from now, so if you have any questions, ask them quickly. I already asked Destiny_Devil to answer any questions he knows the answers to while I’m gone. Sign-ups will close in 4 weeks time.

Also, there is places reserved to those who participated in the last Series. I honestly don’t know how much people will want to participate, but the more the merrier.

Have Fun,

LP.

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008

[This message has been edited by LordPatrick18 (edited 10-24-2007 @ 06:20 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-23-07 06:29 AM EDT (US)     1 / 730  
Oh Yeah! Count me in!
posted 06-23-07 07:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 730  
The 1st Round will be on the 11th of August, 2007.
My birthday

Count me in.
Unfortunately, there is no physical prize for winning
Hmmm...I *might* be able to change that if you wish.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 06-23-07 08:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 730  
Nice Count me in too, I'll try to win again

FFA Fun Series - Spring/Summer 07 winner
posted 06-23-07 08:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 730  
Quoted from LordPatrick18
due to the release of TAD sometime this month
How do you know?! Are you sure? !!
and then I'm going to Alton Towers
gl hf

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock

[This message has been edited by micky_t (edited 06-23-2007 @ 08:36 AM).]

posted 06-23-07 08:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 730  
due to the release of TAD sometime this month

How do you know?! Are you sure? !!
Whoops! Sorry, meant this Autumn ...

And any prize and added incentive would be hugely appreciated by me, and all the participants.

And I will micky_t, I will ...

EDIT: Ooh and I forgot, should I include Points for low level HCs? I also just added in the unique civ point, but could replace it with points based on low level HCs, or would that be better left out?

[This message has been edited by LordPatrick18 (edited 06-23-2007 @ 08:58 AM).]

posted 06-23-07 09:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 730  
In, of course. Err, but far from august, we'll have a long time to discus this, won't we?

[This message has been edited by AI Guy (edited 06-23-2007 @ 09:23 AM).]

posted 06-23-07 09:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 730  
posted 06-23-07 11:14 AM EDT (US)     8 / 730  
Well, as I said in the main post, I had to post the sign-ups now, because I'm going away for practically the whole summer in 2 days, only returning on the 9th.

Yeh DD, I've learnt from the mistakes of the last Series, so this one should run smoothly.

posted 06-23-07 12:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 730  
yep count me and my Vanessa Charlton award in lol. This should be good, and if i think of any themes ill tell you or DD.

~#~#~ ESO: bacon~#~#~

Favorite Civs: China, Germans, Aztec

PR Rank: Master Sergeant.
posted 06-23-07 12:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 730  
hopefully this one will be better organized lol.
Cheeky sod, some people just don't appreciate you do they :O
Count me in baby

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
posted 06-23-07 12:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 730  
Sign me up under the name AceOfKings. (it might be leveled up enough by then, who knows )

ESO= AceOfKings
Current: AOE3 TAD
posted 06-23-07 04:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 730  
sign me up for it IRP_m0f0 and post a reminder again about it! gl guys
posted 06-23-07 06:47 PM EDT (US)     13 / 730  
Sign me in, I'm Eicho.
hey, what time is 3.30 in GMT?
cant you tell us the time in GMT?
and, cant it be on Sundays?
we have already hav one on Saturdays..
cuase i cant play all Saturdays...
and this time, when the league is finished, please give FAIR prices, not shuts cuase "you felt like giving price to him and not to you"
posted 06-23-07 06:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 730  
Like I said in the post Eicho, you can just simply look at your time and at the HG clock and work out how many hours ahead of the time given you are. It's simple really.

And the prizes were just for fun last Series.

posted 06-23-07 06:58 PM EDT (US)     15 / 730  
sign me up, in-game name is also chinnie
posted 06-23-07 07:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 730  
Patrick, post te time in GMT.
its mcuh mroe easier.
if nto i have to look in HG clock, and then start makig maths that at what time is your HG clock, and what time its in mine, and then another calcule for what tiem is series, GMT is muchmore easier.
posted 06-23-07 11:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 730  
GMT is way more standardized.

Sign me up.

ESO: 3snrocks

Quote of the Day: Experts opinions can't be taken as valid, because they arn't legitimate.
posted 06-23-07 11:56 PM EDT (US)     18 / 730  
Patrick, put all times in GMT, NOT IN GMT-1, in GMT.
i dotn even know where HG clock is.
put times in GMT, much more easier to calculate for everyone.
posted 06-24-07 04:32 AM EDT (US)     19 / 730  
Yes, I'd like that too plz

FFA Fun Series - Spring/Summer 07 winner
posted 06-24-07 05:45 AM EDT (US)     20 / 730  
It may suit you, but it doesn't suit other people. I had truck loads of people wondering what time 9pm GMT-1 was in their time, and they didn't know their time zone.

I will walk you through this.

Go to the top of the main post, where you will read a bar which says:

"Age of Empires III Heaven >> Forums >> General Discussions >> FFA Fun Series Autumn/Winter 2007.

Keeping on the exact same longitude mark, taht is the point you are at in relation to the top and bottom of the page, go directly right, until you meet the following:

Month-Day-Year and then the HG Time

Now you will need your own clock, and a pencil and paper.

Write down your time in 24 Time ( i.e. 2pm = 14:00)

Write down the HG time in 24 Time.

Now subtract the smaller of the two from the bigger.

This is the difference between your clock and the HG clock. You now know how many hours you have to add or subtract from the times given.

posted 06-24-07 07:11 AM EDT (US)     21 / 730  
Finally!!! count me in
posted 06-24-07 07:54 AM EDT (US)     22 / 730  
Pat so is it at 20:30-21:30 UK time?

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
posted 06-24-07 07:59 AM EDT (US)     23 / 730  
don't count me in yet. as it is to early for me to apply.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
posted 06-24-07 09:52 AM EDT (US)     24 / 730  
LP, come on, dont be that lazy, put times in GMT.
people can look for their GMT time.
my HG clock says that i have EDT US time.
put times in GMT, its suits more people.
posted 06-24-07 10:07 AM EDT (US)     25 / 730  
Fine I will put the times in GMT, but I would prefer if you didn't call me lazy when you are the one who isn't bothered to do some simple subtraction ...

There is only one time to give. the chat opens at 9:30pm GMT and closes at 10:30pm. GMT. So British time it is 8:30 to 9:30pm.

It's not that I wasn't bothered to put up GMT, it's just I thought that one common clock would be easier ...

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » FFA Fun Series Autumn/Winter 2007
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames