You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Iron Disciple FF
posted 11-14-07 03:52 PM EDT (US)   
Hey guys, I've come up with a new Chinese FF strategy. I wont bore you with lots of talk like some people do :P instead I'll just get right into it

You need to be level 25 in order to use it to its full potential although it can be used at lower levels.

Cards used in basic BO: (in order)

Trade Empire (save the shipment if no trade route)
700 gold
Diplomatic Intrigue
Intervention/Ming Iron Troops
Intervention/Ming Iron Troops

from then on its upto you.

Useful cards
700 wood
8 chu ko nus
snatch the pebble
10 arqbusiers
Iron Cap Princes Army

anyway onto the strategy

Send 2 vills to hunting and have the rest on crates
once first vill is queued have another join the hunters
once you have 200 wood send a vill to build your first village
Have your monk and disciple gather whatever treasures you can, everything is useful
Keep constant vill production always and age using the porcelain tower using 4 vills to build it

while aging put 3 vills on gold until you get to col then use your tower to gather the remaining gold, have the rest of your vills on food
after you have 300 gold have all of your villagers and your tower on food
send 700 gold
keep producing villagers
once you get another shipment send diplomatic intrigue
once you have enough resources age with the white pagoda

while aging put 2 vills and your tower onto wood and build a consulate and a village, leave your tower on wood for further housing later on
pick an ally in your consulate, imo the best option is british as I believe redcoats are more useful than dopples or cuirs here

Keep building vills putting them onto gold
Put 4 vills on food everything else on gold (leave ur 2 vills on wood until you are sure you will not be housed) the aim is to have 1000 gold in time for your second fortress shipment
Once you have your 1000 gold its upto you how you balance your economy

Before reaching fort if you have any spare food make some disciples as you wont be able to make any once your age up disciples arrive
Upon reaching fortress send intervention and call your on the 6 redcoats army from the consulate, this will give you 15 redcoats (not sure how many of other consulate units you will get)
For your second fort shipment use your 1000 gold to send ming iron troops to have a highly balanced and powerful army.

I do have some recs and will post them as soon as I know how
one isn't very good but I win when playing badly vs a n00b, second shows me getting rushed by India 0_o

http://www.savefile.com/files/1201433
http://www.savefile.com/files/1201481
http://www.savefile.com/files/1249190

Also I have to give credit to beatnikjoe as he is my go to guy to seek advice and help me with my strats hopefully he can also post the rec of his try out of this.

[This message has been edited by Destiny_Devil (edited 12-07-2007 @ 03:45 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-14-07 04:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
Oh No

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 11-14-07 04:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
The first 3 letters on this topic scary me

[This message has been edited by n_maser (edited 11-14-2007 @ 04:52 PM).]

posted 11-14-07 05:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
An option for people who don't want to 'lame' (The marks are cos I don't believe disciples are lame) they can always use Confucian academy? (the one that gives arqbusiers
posted 11-14-07 05:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
Add 7 Hand Mortar and TEAM Provincial Administration and i like this strat a lot. Good work.
posted 11-14-07 06:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
I wont bore you with lots of talk like some people do :P
that "boring stuff" is an overview of the strategy and its uses, you definitely need it.

just saying, it really helps if you say what this strategy is used for instead of having people need to scan it.

overall sounds interesting! Id like to see some recs against japan (as i play them)

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 11-15-07 08:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Don't think I have one vs Japan yet, one vs india a sucky one vs china and beatniks is vs india.
posted 11-17-07 08:47 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
posted 12-05-07 03:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
Heh heh heh, so you posted this one! Good, this is definitely a fun strategy, and a nice opportunity to leverage the Consulate into your early defense as well as your large early Fortress attack.

I think I agree with Cookie -- this strat would benefit from a little more explanatory text. Sell it -- it's a good strat!

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 12-05-07 04:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
If by fun you mean a strategy that can be easily pulled off and guarantee a high chance of success, I suppose any disciple strat is fun...

I had a china FF with the consulate in development, but I got sick of china mirrors disciple lame so I switched civs and unfortunaltely the strat will not be in use and fully tested until after the next patch.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 12-05-07 05:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
Heh, while I've got too few TAD games to judge the disciple FF with any certainty, I will say this -- a basic disciple FF was the very first thing that I tried as China. It was really easy, really fun, and really powerful. It certainly seemed to be light years ahead of anything India could offer.

If this family of strategies is OP (I'm simply not active enough to judge for myself), I'm very surprised that this was missed in testing. It's one of the most straightforward "cool" things you can do with China, and probably any of the TAD civs.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style

[This message has been edited by Beatnik Joe (edited 12-05-2007 @ 05:28 PM).]

posted 12-07-07 03:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
I don't believe disciples are as op as everyone says they are, sure they're op but they're not that op.

Anyway I might add a strategy overview if I can I'm not very good at creative writing, was on qs earlier came across an india player and the game recced so I'l post it here

http://www.savefile.com/files/1249190

(its also in the first post)
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Iron Disciple FF
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames