You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: how do i get 1 gold from killing 1 unit?
posted 05-16-09 01:35 PM EDT (US)   
i see it all the time in collosuem maps where you kill 1 unit and you get 1 gold. now i looked in the map editor for that map and they had a bunch of QV triggers doing it. is there a easier less confussing way? these map i am working on is already confussing. if not what custon triggers pack do i need to download? i was thinking having a looped timer effect where ever 1 minute you get 100 gold but that is not fair i want the kill way. map get harder and harder as the waves go up. thanks again my second post. i am not even close to a noob on making map i been making maps since aoe3 villia came out. just need help with this.
Replies:
posted 05-16-09 01:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
You could do the following:

Trigger: Active, No Loop, No Run Immediatly
Condition: Is Dead (Select unit)
Effect: Grant Resources

Hope that helped.

[This message has been edited by aZeusDude2 (edited 05-16-2009 @ 01:38 PM).]

posted 05-16-09 01:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
TRIGGER 3 (active, Loop [,run immediate, high priority])

conditions:

QV stat value
player: 3
stat value: enemy units killed
operator: >=
value: 1
Qv name: p3kills

timer:

effects:

grant resources
resource: gold
amount: 1

QV set stat value:
stat value: enemy units killed
QV name: p3kills

NOTE: QV name is changeable and tis trigger should have a unique one, but the QV name used in the condition of the trigger 'QV stat value' must be the same, and the effect use in this trigger 'QV set stat value'
If u want make that u gain for every killed unit 1 gold then this is the easiest way since you just need to do this one time for each player (every player needs his own qv)

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 05-16-09 06:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
where do i download the qv stat value condition. and the qv set stat value effect. i have the my first trigger set by gunner 1. but it is asking for more stuff in the triggers. not just what you wrote above and the effect doesn't have the qv name thing to change. can anyone give me a link?
posted 05-17-09 12:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
no value and qv name just were changed in order. It's in gunners trigger set maybe you copied the .xml files into the false folder? (trigger1 nilla; trigger2 twc and trigger3 tad)

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 05-17-09 06:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
okay i got it to work. map is going smoothy now, hopfully no more problems.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » how do i get 1 gold from killing 1 unit?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames