You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires III: The Age of Crusades-alpha version (new management!)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-27-10 04:47 PM EDT (US)   

The Age of Crusades is a total conversion of Age of Empires III, it adds 7 new civilizations to the game (The Kingdom of Jerusalem, the Knights Templar, the Knights Hospitaller, the Fatimids, the Saracens, the Seljuk Turks, and the Byzantines) the mod also adds 4 sub civics (Cilician Armenians, Almoravides, Mameluks and Mongols)

The mod was the creation, idea, and design of Argalius, who did all of the work up to the alpha stage. Argalius dropped the mod mid 2008 do to lack of time, and gave all of its files to the Knights and Barbarians team, and said that any one who may want to continue the mod contact him (http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=14&tn=31329&st=932#post933). I could not get a hold of Argalius, but I got the blessing from peugeot407 the leader of the K&B team to continue the mod as long as I gave Credit to Argalius which I am doing now. Thank you Argalius for beginning this mod.

The first things that will be added to The Age of Crusades in the next update from the alpha stage will be
-The Byzantine Empire
-more unique units besides just Crusader and Muslim units. (ex. templar infantry, hospitaller vanguard, Kingdom of Jerusalem axeman etc. etc.)
-hopefully unique homecity buildings

right now we need:
-Texturers, for buildings and units and such
-someone to script the Ai
-A graphics and ui designer
-A coder.

Updates:

What I've finished:
Byzantines:Homecity and flag textures/buttons, Skuotatoi, Cataphract, and the true cross.
Crusaders: The true cross

What I'm working on:

-Basilica, Unique building for the Crusaders and Byzantines, it will be built to train the true cross and other byzantine or crusader unique religious units

-Templar heavy infantry to replace the man at arms.

The download link for the alpha version:
http://argalius.elpea.net/Crusade-alpha.zip

[This message has been edited by Archangelgl (edited 08-18-2010 @ 05:24 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-27-10 05:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
well, isnt for be bad, but find team that can make textures or AI is hard, but you could wait for someone interested....

dont worry,just wait, and good luck

|THE MAIN CODDER AND ARTIST OF TFN
|check own progress here: http://thefightofnations.heavenforum.com/forum.htm
posted 07-27-10 05:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
well, isnt for be bad, but find team that can make textures or AI is hard, but you could wait for someone interested....
yeah... I figured it would be hard, but until then I can just do both of them on my own, it'll just be alot slower than it would if I had a team.

Btw thank you, this is my first time leading a mod.. I've worked on a few bf1942 mods, but never lead.

->Proud leader of The Age of Crusades mod
->team---> Leader:Archangelgl Codder:Terry Davis
-> Gabe Babe

[This message has been edited by Archangelgl (edited 07-27-2010 @ 05:24 PM).]

posted 07-27-10 08:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
well, the most necessary for a mod are:
-texturer (buildings, units, etc)
-UI and artist designer (UI ofc, flags, politicians pictures, techs pictures, etc)
-and MAIN CODDER

posted 07-28-10 01:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
Why don't you merge it with K&B to make the best medieval mod ever?
posted 07-28-10 02:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
well, the most necessary for a mod are:
-texturer (buildings, units, etc)
-UI and artist designer (UI ofc, flags, politicians pictures, techs pictures, etc)
-and MAIN CODDER
true..... I didnt really think about an artist.... all of the flags are done (including the byzantine one) along with all of the tech pictures. The politicians ill probably need a designer for, but thats going to be one of the last things I add to the byzantine civ. So I can take my time trying to find one lol.
Why don't you merge it with K&B to make the best medieval mod ever?
it was already merged with K&B and as of now they have all of the files from this mod up to the alpha update, but this mod had potential and I thought it was a shame that it died in alpha, so I picked it up from Argalius to finish it. Plus I wanted a mod focused on the Crusade era, and specifically on the crusade. K&B does have a "Crusade Chapter" but thats not the main focus of the mod. They are also focusing more on the militaristic point of view of the crusades, and I (just as Argalius did) wanted the mod to focus on the religious point of view. (ex. religious units like the jihadist, and pope, and zealot etc. etc.) plus ive already made a homecity, flag, and 2 unique units for the byzantines, and i'm working on buildings unique to byzantine culture and the cards. So we are kind of merged bc they will be using all of the files from this mod up to the alpha stage freely as they wish, but they just wont have anything after the alpha update.

-> Gabe Babe
posted 07-28-10 03:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
plus ive already made a homecity, flag, and 2 unique units for the byzantines, and i'm working on buildings unique to byzantine culture and the cards.
wow!! all the HC, flags, and textures for byzatium? nice... but my great question is:
why ever medieval mod is about crusades? nobody try a remake of AOEII

posted 07-28-10 03:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
wow!! all the HC, flags, and textures for byzatium? nice... but my great question is:
why ever medieval mod is about crusades? nobody try a remake of AOEII
yeah, I know right? thats the product of working for 3 days straight and about 2 hours of sleep..... I still have a long ways to go though.... I have to make ALL new units for byzantium bc its a whole different culture. And in a sense K&B is kind of a remake of AOEII bc it focuses on that time period, but I chose to do this mod about the crusades bc it was always a hobby of mine, and I always hate to see good mods die before ever being completed, so I chose to finish this mod lol.

-> Gabe Babe
posted 07-28-10 03:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
well, finished it about crusades (inst the same that AOEII REMAKE)

posted 07-28-10 05:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
And in a sense K&B is kind of a remake of AOEII
Don't ever say that! Just kidding, but there's a certain sense of truth in it... For example, AoE2 focussed solely on the military side of the middle ages
(and not very well)
whereas K&B will also involve quite a lot of base building, and is in that sense more like Settlers or any ANNO game...

peugeot407

PS: Quite looking forward to seeing your Byzantine units...

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
posted 07-29-10 12:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
@arcalion, that's true... But it'll be different trust me lol.

@peugeot, I'm looking forward to your mod.... He'll I might just even buy the expansions for it lol. I love base building games and mods.... As soon as I get back I'll give the ppl on here and on moddb an update of wat I've sone so far, and post a pic of the new Byzantines units for you. So far I have the skuotatoi infantry and cataphract cavalry, completely done, techs and all. I'm still working on a kinda of militia unit though that the Byzantines used as border guards/peasant farmers lol.

Ps. Sorry to the both of you for any misspelled words, I'm doing this off of my iPod touch, and it'll prolly be like 4-5 days till I post any pics or make an update bc Im on vacation and accidentally brought my work laptop(ironic right?). If you wanna see any pics of the Byzantine homecity, or the units before I cleaned them up, their on my mods page on moddb.com

-> Gabe Babe
posted 07-29-10 04:30 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
I'm still working on a kinda of militia unit though that the Byzantines used as border guards/peasant farmers lol.
That would be Akritoi... In K&B they're armoured skirmishers, waiting to see your interpretation though...
If you wanna see any pics of the Byzantine homecity, or the units before I cleaned them up, their on my mods page on moddb.com
Lazy me says: D'you have a link?

peugeut407

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

posted 07-30-10 08:32 AM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
I told you peugeot, they are Akrites
posted 08-02-10 08:11 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
chris17 and his patriotism with his nation

hey, you would post any showcase?

posted 08-03-10 04:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
hey its not patriotism. i just want to let him know the correct name
posted 08-03-10 07:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
i know chris17.... you really are weird XD

so, any updates?

posted 08-03-10 11:52 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
I told you peugeot, they are Akrites
lol I already knew that you guys.... and I'm going to either have them as a kind of minuteman thats trainable from the town center, or im going to have them as a kind of "tech" trainable by the settlers, so if your villagers were under attack you could retreat some into the town center and spend a little gold to instantly upgrade the villagers you wanted into Arkrites. The only problem is, is finding out how to program it to where only the settlers I clicked to upgrade into Akrites upgrade, and not ALL of the villagers. :/ it'll involve some experimenting lol.
hey, you would post any showcase?
consider this my first showcase lol.

-these are the byzantine cataphracts (first age) and the byzantine Skuotatoi (first age) i did some cleaning up on them too... so these arent the final products, especially the shields, the shields now have a clear eastern orthodox cross, and a clear PX symbol which was the first two greek letters for Christ that constantine commanded his army to paint on their shields.

-this is the byzantine homecity of constantinople... which is essentially the ottoman homecity, but with byzantine flags, and I renamed the buildings to fit accordingly....

-> Gabe Babe
posted 08-04-10 04:54 AM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
Those units don't look half bad!

peugeot407

posted 08-04-10 07:52 AM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
kataphraktoi and skoutatoi... nice, i like them. but the letters were XP and not PX
posted 08-04-10 12:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
lol chris.... i got most of my information off of wikipedia, and an American book I got, so sorry for the bad spelling. Lol oh well, it doesnt matter when the x and p are overlapped.

p.s Thank you peugeot! those were only the second and 3rd textures i had ever done.....

-> Gabe Babe
posted 08-04-10 02:09 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
are you kidding me? it is very good.... you coming here and have maked 3 units? wow, nice.... so K&B, hurry, have a competition XD

posted 08-04-10 10:09 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
Very good job indeed.
I am always poor at making horse textures.
posted 08-05-10 08:26 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
hey real chinese, you have you mod finished?

posted 08-05-10 11:06 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
Thank you guys lol maybe, but you gotta realize I cant do graphics.... at all, and that and scripting the byzantine ai is going to hold me back. lol not to mention im going to slow down a bit since school is starting.
hey real chinese, you have you mod finished?
yeah, is it done? it looked like a really interesting mod.

-> Gabe Babe
posted 08-16-10 03:41 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
To anyone that is actually following my mod, I have a trojan (which I thought was a java update) on my gaming computer, so I'm having to back up all of my files and move them to my laptop I use for work and school. In conclusion the progress onthe Basilica and the True cross has been delayed. The true cross is essentially done, I just need to make it trainable in the Basilica, and maybe add one more ability or so, as for the the Basilica the texture is done, but thats about it.

-Archangelgl

-> Gabe Babe
posted 08-16-10 05:06 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
Ouch sorry to hear about your bug . Hope you can recover fast!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: The Age of Crusades-alpha version (new management!)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames