posted 09-10-11 10:33 AM EDT (US)   
Team WotTA proudly presents...

Gamma 1.0

The greatest modification for Age of Empires III

The Team & Others
Programming
Tahattus, Hoop Thrower, Dayoftheninja, Musketeer925

Textures and User Interface
Tahattus, Jangomango, Sziggi, Matthew Sher, Tilanus Commodor, Betelgeuse77, Peugeot407

Modelling
Arcalion, Zany76, Jangomango

Random Maps
Sufjanfan, Tahattus, RF_Gandalf, Shayne Thiessen, Felix Hermansson, AOE_Fan

Research and Bug Finding
Chris17, Takatmo Yereoc, Musketeer925

Intro Theme
Custergrant
What you should know before installing War of the Triple Alliance:

• The mod requires the original Age of Empires III and its both expansion packs, The WarChiefs and The Asian Dynasties.
  • The mod requires also that you update TAD to 1.03 - without the patch, it's impossible to play the mod.
  • You must have a clean install of the game, without any mod installed. WotTA is not compatible with any other mod, not even WotTA's previous versions.
  • WotTA auto-installs, for your convenience.
  • WotTA is free and must not be sold.
  • WotTA has been made by fans - and has many bugs that should be pointed out to be fixed in the upcoming patches.
  • WotTA modifies your game permanently. You must reinstall the game entirely whenever you want to play the clean version of the game.
  • WotTA cannot be played on ESO, but can on Hamachi, Gameranger and lan games.

Download Links

War of the Triple Alliance adds/replaces the following:
  • 9 new civilizations have been added: Brazilians, Paraguayans, Colombians, Argentines, Mexicans, Americans, Canadians, Tupi and Koreans.
  • 40 new random maps have been included. The WotTA-only ones can be found in the main list; the others, by clicking on "Custom Maps" at the skirmish screen.
  • 9 new Native Settlements can appear on the new maps. They are: Bandeirante, Republiqueta, Quilombola, Guarani, Guaicuru, Aymara, Pirate, Order of Christ and Sertanejo.
  • Age up to a brand new age: The Great War age. At age V you can research a new tech, Great War, that will enable World War I-themed units such as zeppelins, airplanes, dreadnoughts, tanks, and several new techs.
  • Two brand new cultures: Latin Americans and North Americans. Each with an exclusive gameplay!
  • Church completely redesigned. When playing as Europeans, Latin Americans or North Americans, you can adopt a religion and enable the redesigned priest and multiple religion-specific techs! There are 10 different religions to choose.
  • Revolutionaries redesigned. New bonuses, new politicians, new units!
  • Spies completely redesigned. Now available to all civs but Latin Americans, use them to attack stealthy in several ways.

Known bugs:

• The infamous "replacetexture bug". Video cards with low RAM memory wont show new textures when you get to industrial age, and some buildings, specially WW1 ones, will appear black. If you're getting this bug, you can save the same, close the game and then load the saved game. RAM will be refreshed and you'll see textures again.
  • You can't create a Korean HC, or old civs HCs. You need to load saved games with them that I've prepared earlier.
  • Screenshots for everyone!

[JPEG, (380.46 KB)]
    [JPEG, (373.92 KB)]
    [JPEG, (334.58 KB)]
    [JPEG, (289.28 KB)]
    [JPEG, (373.25 KB)]
    [JPEG, (322.88 KB)]
    [JPEG, (354.50 KB)]
    [JPEG, (278.71 KB)]
    [JPEG, (392.30 KB)]
    [JPEG, (306.78 KB)]
    [JPEG, (257.16 KB)]
    [JPEG, (366.33 KB)]
    [JPEG, (309.78 KB)]

Videos too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbQeYmWGpoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFWsc0zY4IA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCHP7Q_dgM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2NKWLoNXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mytRvCi_NQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_e2CvsHFn8

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
    WOTTA WEBSITE!
    War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
    Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
    TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!

[This message has been edited by Lord Tahattus (edited 09-11-2011 @ 05:19 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 09-10-11 10:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 38  
    Could this be advertised on main page of AoE3H? Thanks :P

WOTTA WEBSITE!
    Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
    TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
    posted 09-11-11 00:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
    Hey Tahattus maybe you could put some images on this topic to make the post most atractive, to people that isn't familiar with Wotta.
    posted 09-11-11 03:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
    Will this be available indefinably or do you have to download it in a set period of time?
    posted 09-11-11 04:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 38  
    Odd question - but it'll be available forever, like [censored]

Lets not encourage people that might be under 18 to google that Maffia

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!

[This message has been edited by Maffia (edited 09-11-2011 @ 05:00 PM).]

posted 09-11-11 05:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
    oopsie

Anyway updated main post with videos and screenies!

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
    posted 09-12-11 01:29 AM EDT (US)     6 / 38  
    This dosent affect ur aoe account right? Like my ranking on aoe III clean.. when i install the mod, then unistall and play the regular version, will i still have my account that has my ranking on eso?

Oh, and i download it from the link (4shared) and when i hit run, it says that its corrupted... -.-

[This message has been edited by VikingRaider (edited 09-12-2011 @ 01:36 AM).]

posted 09-12-11 10:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 38  
    I'd dearly like to comment on your spelling and grammar, but I guess I'll abstain from that. As for your question: No, it won't. Those stats are all saved on Microsoft servers, not on your own computer, and as such cannot be deleted or overwritten through the installation of mods.

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
    |> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
    |> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
    |> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
    posted 09-12-11 09:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38  
    HELP ME PLEASE!! Ok, i played wota and everything, but then i wanted to play the regular aoe nilla... so, i uninstalled everything and reinstalled aoe. But now, after the videos that open aoe, (right when the coin starts fliping) a message box comes up and it says :"initialization failed" And then it has an ok box and then terminates aoe... how do i fix this, please help, i cant live w out aoe !!! (curse you wota)

[This message has been edited by VikingRaider (edited 09-13-2011 @ 00:14 AM).]

posted 09-13-11 05:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 38  
    That's nothing to do with WotTA... Look at the Tutorial database and you'll find a link to a page that explains what you're having to deal with.

peugeot407

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
    |> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

posted 09-13-11 11:57 AM EDT (US)     10 / 38  
    You say "curse you wota"? It's like saying "curse you, god!". In the end, you die and wotta is still alive, laughing at you.

Anyway, what caused that is something called noobness. It's some kind of disease, it doesn't kill but it highly disturbs your life.

Obviously, you did uninstall WotTA, but some there were some leftovers. And you did not delete the AoE3 folder that was left there, you installed AoE3 over this dirty folder and now it doesn't work.

How to fix it? Uninstall Aoe3, then delete its folder to make sure everything is deleted, and then install aoe3 again.

Instead of cursing our mod you could have simply asked.

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
    posted 09-13-11 05:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
    curse you wota!
    INFIDEL DIE!

Anyhow, you really should have looked it up before openly criticizing the mod.

God only knows why Tahattus even helped you...

You know Poland will crush you.
    Knights & Barbarians RMS &AI
    NE Polish Historian
    posted 09-13-11 06:51 PM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
    Lol guys calm down! Yea i went into system and it turns out that there was a WoTa file hiding in it, then i deleted it and it works fine... Anyways, NIIIIICE mod, i like the whole blimp thing with the mustard gas and bombs. One last question, how do i play it online? I tried installing gameranger and when i try to host on gameranger no WoTa comes up.. just the default aoe games.. (by the way, i know lots of work has gone into the mod, and its really awesome, its just i was frustrated that the file kept hiding.. keep it up guys )
    posted 09-14-11 10:50 AM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
    Well, it uses the Asian Dynasties EXE, so that'll be your answer.

peugeot407

posted 09-14-11 02:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 38  
    Lets calm it down a little in here

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
    Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
    [This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
    posted 09-15-11 03:47 AM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
    @Lord Tahattus- Glad to see success hasn't changed you- u maniac!

Yes and congrats to the WotTA crew.
    posted 09-15-11 12:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
    It has been released to Mac too, thanks to iliander. Please check our site.

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
    posted 09-21-11 10:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38  
    Propyl parabens, Lord_Tahattus! You guys really did a great job and I look forward to all the new stuff.

I only wish I could have been more helpful - I've got like no spare time.

Been a long time coming...

Crunkatog on ESO
    Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
    Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
    schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
    Crunkatog on Steam.
    posted 09-28-11 02:56 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38  
    Where should I install the WofTA?
    posted 09-28-11 03:51 PM EDT (US)     19 / 38  
    posted 09-29-11 03:46 PM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
    I have a question: I am playing with the Brazilian, so i take the italian imigrants and build my italian TC. After that, i want to research an tecnology or something like that, but it says i cant because i havent one thing. That's the problem: Theres a symbol(more like a ship) that i dont know what is, but i know that i need this to research the tecnologies. Please can somebody tells me what it is and do i do to get it.
    Thanks.
    posted 09-29-11 04:28 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38  
    That symbol is the 'Shipment' resource. You can spend it there when you have one instead of sending a shipment from your Home City.
    posted 09-29-11 07:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
    Well,i have another question:how do i play the WofTA in gameranger.I downloaded gameranger but i dont find any room with WofTA. Is it because i am not searching in the right place or because no one has created a room with WofTA?

[This message has been edited by WillBlack (edited 09-30-2011 @ 09:46 AM).]

posted 09-30-11 06:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 38  
    lol. the Tupi civ is really bugged. You can't make a deck or choose cards and when you relog on normal TAD and go on ESO, it turns into the Black Family Estate civ.....
    posted 10-01-11 09:54 AM EDT (US)     24 / 38  
    To play WotTA in GameRanger, you'll need to host a game of Age of Empires III: TAD and all the players who you try to play with must also have TAD installed.
    posted 10-02-11 06:37 PM EDT (US)     25 / 38  
    I only wish I could have been more helpful - I've got like no spare time.
    Well, I mean, Gamma is still missing its campaign so if you found some spare time... *cough cough*

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
    "It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
    -Lord Tahattus
    "Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
    -invent00r
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: War of the Triple Alliance - Gamma 1.0
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames