Required Cards
300 gold
600 Gold(700 if you are above lvl 10)
7 Cassadore card(Or 9)
3 organ gun card

Optional Cards
5 Dragoons
6 Dragoons

1. Send 5 villigers to hunt the animal near your base. While the 6th villiger goes right to the food crate. Use spy glass with your explorer and try to scout for the enemy. Then send him out to explore.(Try getting gold treasure if you are below lvl 10)

2. When you have 100 food que up one villiger put him on food. When your villiger is done gathering the crates build a house, and then send him to food.

3. When you have your first HC shipment(Around 2:02) send the 300 gold. Don't gather this right when it comes

4.Keep queing up villigers until you have 13. Then wait until you have 800 food and age up.(Around 3:27)Choose the Philosiphers Prince. Send your explorer to a forward spot by some trees, gold and food source.

5. Right when you hit the age up button you should send two villigers to collect the gold. When the gold is gone if you have the 600 gold send the villigers to the gold mine by your first TC. If you have the 700 gold card. Send them both to wood. During this time you should get you next HC shipment(Around 4:36)

6. You should age up around 5:00. Right away send the 600 or 700 gold card. Send the two that were chopping wood to gather the gold and food. Que 2 villigers. Send your TC to the spot your explorer picked out.

7. When you have 1000 gold and 1200 food hit the age up button.(Around 6-6:30) Choose the one the gives you 7(Is it 7?) cassadores. Send the villigars that were gathering the food and coin(4). To gold. At your other TC make home city shipment arrive there. And make 2 villigers. Putting the garrison spot on Wood. Find another Suitable spot for a TC to be placed.

8. If you have enough food keep putting them on wood until you have 5 on wood. Build 3 houses(So you have 50 pop. You should have around 20 villies, 11 on food, 5 on wood, 4 on gold)

9. You should age up at around 7:40 or so. Send your first shipment as 3 organ guns. Put your TC to the spot where your explore spotted out. Create a few villigars and put them on food and gold.

10. Keep making villies until you have a good economy, and are almost ready to go industrial. Send the 7(or 9) cassadore card. When that arrives your military should be. 3 organ guns and 14-16 Cassadores. now have your explorer lead the attack and assult the enemy base. Make sure to micro well and take out Outpost first. and micro the enemy. They should have mostly infantry so your army should tear them apart, but if they send in Hussars send the 6 dragoons card. They will make quick work of hussars. Click the Industrial button as soon as you have enough Rec.

The good thing about this strat is even if you fail to destroy the enemy base you will most likely have damaged them alot, making them stay in Col. longer. And your Economy really doesn't take any damage because you used all free units. Philbo pointed out yesterday that you can make this even better by using a 1000 gold card in Age . Making you go fast Industrial. Essentially making you even stronger.

Hoped this provided a broader oppurtunity with ports for those who are brave enough to play them.

--Dio

[This message has been edited by Dio (edited 11-30-2005 @ 10:51 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-30-05 11:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
Dio, I did this strat FIRST on YOU! PIG!

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
posted 11-30-05 11:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
Err, no Philbo.

You rushed me in Colonial while I was Three-quarters to Fort, and I got to fort and my Cass+TC blew your Invasionary force away.

IIRC, I was the one who told you how to do this Strat. Yet everytime you tried it on me I defended it anad became victoius with better microing.
Playing Offensivly with TC's rock.

[This message has been edited by Dio (edited 11-30-2005 @ 11:29 PM).]

posted 11-30-05 11:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
Wouldn't this leave you wide open to an early rush?
posted 11-30-05 11:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
It is a flaw that this has, but most games I got rushed at 5-7 and my TC's can hold them off. For a while.
posted 12-01-05 01:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
recs and images on how to do please.

if you like would you like to play a 1v1 game with me using the strategies of other civs to show how effective this strat is.

posted 12-01-05 04:12 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
You will die in 10 minuts to a rush.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
posted 12-01-05 08:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14  

Quote:

You will die in 10 minuts to a rush.

Yup you will die to a decent rush.
This pretty much doesn't work against good players. And if you want a chance of it working you want Mameluke mercs not paper-cassadores.

I've tried FF strategies so many time and they all result in losses against decent players.

I can get to age3 at under 7:10 with ports but it still isn't good enough there is just no way to break the containment that a good player will put you in... you will also find that they will get to age3 pretty soon after you... with a better economy... and better military.

FF doesn't work well with ports at all.

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 12-01-2005 @ 08:14 AM).]

posted 12-01-05 08:25 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
IF im doing a FF i always try to fake-rush and then head to age 3. I might get to age 3 bit later, but most of the time the enemy is staying on defense because of my fake rush.

It still is risky, because if opponent scouts well, he can see ur trying to FF.

BTW this FF is very vulnerable to cavalry. I believe a Merc FF is much stronger to use.

(btw im spanish and dutch, not ports)

posted 12-01-05 09:58 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
A Spanish FF with Highlander Mercs and cannons is VERY strong. Especially since Spanish is a rush civ, you can easily force people on the defensive and then just fly straight to fortress . With Ports you have to use mamelukes with surgeons and raid, to prevent the enemy pressuring you.

I would say own spanish and french can pull of decent FF strategies. Mercantilism with a spanish FF is deadly, just check out Sm4rtass' replays, he even beat ottoman rushes with it.

posted 12-01-05 12:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
i normally do instead of 5 hunt and 1 on crate... i put 3 on crate and 3 on hunt till i get the first 100 food then i start making 1 more vill and send 2 of the vill from crate on hunt and when all the food are collected i send that vill on hunt to.. and ofc build vill in meanwhile..

My fastes FF is 5.43 min. in a 2v2 (got me and zardk the fastes age3 2v2 silver award ) it is proberly the fastes i have made yet.. normally i just rush.. (some says yeah right you are port ) well it works for me, maybe because i dont game 1v1...

[This message has been edited by redferne (edited 12-01-2005 @ 12:08 PM).]

posted 12-01-05 04:24 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
Flyboy, my ESO name is Diomedes if you want to play.
posted 12-28-05 02:24 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
This strategy sucks..

Why rushing with the..

posted 12-28-05 07:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
In my experience, rushing with Ports - and especially mainly with cassadores, can only be successful against newbies. I play Spain and Ports and am petty sure, that at that time you come up with 16 Cassadores and 3 Organs, a decent Spain-Civ will send you home directly. There is a good chance, that your early raid force will detect the Fort of your "victim" ;-). Both Cassadores and Organ Guns are very fragile. You will need meat shields, which can protect both units from beeing slaughtered. If you want to play a more agressive style with Ports, I would recommend the Mercantilism Strategy, which is explained in Ceres guide - and pray, that you will not be rushed very early. It really makes more sense (or is very important) to fake rushes if possible (your base shouldn't be completely unattended) without significant losses (hit and run) to weaken the enemies eco or to force him to give away map control. But holding him under pressure while building your own eco forces you to be well organized with fast fingers on your hot keys.

By the way: At the time you intend to visit your neighbour, you didn't build a barrack, a market and a mill. In most cases/maps, berries or near-by herds will be gone at that time. I wouldn't consider sending my unprotected villies around the map for hunting purposes. Your enemy will not wait for your visit while just producing villies and houses. May be that it could work in 1vs1, but as I said, you will need a player, who will let you do this.

I like playing the Ports, but unfortunately without rebalancing, Ports are very weak in early game due to the 6 villager start config and the poor early game shipping cards. In a later game 3 TCs will give some advantages to mass-produce villies and lead the Civ to a real boom.

posted 12-28-05 02:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
you would only be able to do this with a team. the vunerability of the port is just to large. you might be able to win against newbish players or other ports but against rushing civs the win % would most likely end up being very small.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » A fast Port attack
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames