Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dutch 3 and Ummmmph! Strategy
posted 07-11-06 05:56 PM EDT (US)   
Overview
Five cannons and 16 ruyters around 9:30. Black Watch Kick, eat your heart out. On another note, i know yall love to flame my strategy posts so here is a disclaimer. I know the dutch are UP, and that this strat will not work in many situations. Take it for what its worth.

DUTCH STRATEGY: The three and Umph! Strategy

Necessary Cards
700 Wood
700 Gold
700 Food
9 ruyter
7 ruyter

Recommended Card Additions
8 Skirms
Unique Church Card
(2) Extra Bank Cards
All Level 3 Merc Cards
Tulip Speculation
(2) Factory Cards
3 Fluyt Card <- Best Card Ever
4 Privateers

AGE 1
-In age 1 you need to focus every settler on gathering food. This does not change until you go age 2 despite the fact that your town center will be idle for 30 – 60 seconds depending on starting # of crates.
-You will also hunt the map for large food/wood/gold treasures. These will dramatically shorten your time to climax.
-As you go age 2, it is important to check your competitors deck and to scout well to help tip off possible rushes

AGE 2 (If no signs of rush)
-Pick your Deck, and Order 700 Wood, 700 Gold, and 700 Food
-Build 3 Banks

AGE 3 (With 400 wood)
-Move all settlers to gold and wood, harvesting food after you start going age 3 is a waste of villager time.
-Immediately build an artillery, and build 5 houses
-Order 9 ruyters
-Order 7 ruyters After about 30 seconds in age 3, start building 5 cannons (you will only be able to start 1, but by the time it is finished you will have enough resources for all 5.

Once all 16 ruyters and 5 cannons are ready to go it’s ass whooping time. HIGHLY effective versus players that do not have abus/culverin/mamelukes/spahi/curiasser.

RedStripe
Colonel
Cuetech: 2111.5

Replies:
posted 07-11-06 06:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  

Quote:

HIGHLY effective versus players that do not have abus/culverin/mamelukes/spahi/curiasser.

So, that means its effective vs. no one?

Last time I checked, every civ got culvs.

Also, 9:30 is a bit late. By then, a FFer attacks, with Spaniards its earlier, same goes for Ottomans and sometimes Germans.

Russian rush=dead, since even if you spot a rush you have nothing to stop it but resource cards.

I doubt 16 ruyters+5 falcs would be able to stop the standard dragoon+LI+culv or dragoon+LI+falc combo at 9:30, but a rec would be helpful.

So, a recording of the game would help better understand how it does, but I'm somewhat skeptical.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 07-11-06 06:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
if you make 3~4 vils in age1 with starting gold, then it is FCUK.

anyways, 700w-700f-700g gives a faster fortress time.

5 halbs is obviously better than 400w on non-water maps.

700w-700g-600w is generally better, as you need to chop less wood, 600w = foundry + 3 houses + 120 build XP from them,

a tighter BO would be age with exile prince, which is generally safer, and you should end up with same amount use troops.

8 halbs and 8 skirms shipment are better than the 7 ruyters. or even better, 2 less falcs and forget the 7 ruyters, get 12 swiss pike.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 07-11-2006 @ 06:54 PM).]

posted 07-11-06 06:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
He said it's not effective against *players* who have culvs. Not civs.

Quote:

Russian rush=dead

No, he's aged up in plenty of time to deal with russians.

The only problem I have with this strat is the falc/ruyter ratio. 16 ruyters isn't much for protecting such a mass of artillery. I'll try it out though. Thanks for sharing.

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
posted 07-11-06 06:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
My suggestion: go heavier ruyters earlier to deal with their initial army (especially melee/ranged cav) then bring on the artillary as a second wave, unless you're pretty confident they'll have mainly infantry (Russia, Otto FF) as their army. 16 ruyters to protect 5 falcs is a bad ratio, IMO.

Machiavelli_IUB
posted 07-11-06 06:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
All civs potentially have the correct cards and units to handle this attack. But not all players chose a deck with the correct cards or have the right resources at the exact right time to call on these cards/units. For example: how often do you see culverins before the 10 minute mark?
posted 07-11-06 06:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Did you get to 2.1k using this strat?

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
posted 07-11-06 09:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
RedStripe

1 vs. 1 RM

Overall DM

Overall RM

So, I take it this is not a 1v1 strat?

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 07-11-06 09:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  

Quote:

No, he's aged up in plenty of time to deal with russians.

Read the next sentence.

He has nothing but resource cards, no 3 hussars, 2 outposts, etc.

Age-up time has nothing to do with it. If you're not prepared, you're screwed.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 07-12-06 01:50 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
I didn't use this strategy to get to 2.1k. Heck, I doubt I am capable to get to 2.1k using the dutch. The dutch are simply to UP. I am an ottoman large game player at heart... and I don't think I have played a 1v1 game in over 3 months.

RedStripe
Colonel
Cuetech: 2120

posted 07-12-06 09:54 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
If you're not capable of getting to 2.1k with Dutch, why bother posting your cuetech?

Does it mask your true skill?

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 07-12-06 10:54 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Oh come on no reason to bash the guy, 2100 overall is a decent rate either way, and mist your overall is 1964 so whatever. It's always nice to have people post strats in a strat forum what would it be without it?

ESO2 : Love_
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Dutch 3 and Ummmmph! Strategy
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames