You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Portuguese Millers Strategy...a.k.a. The PMS Strategy
posted 07-26-06 08:51 PM EDT (US)   
Well, honestly, the name says it all - as the ports you become "millers" - this is awesome mainly in team games and i'll explain later...PLEASE NOTE: STRATEGY IS FOR NO RUSH GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IN A RUSH OR YOU WILL BE SCREWED!!!!!!!

BASIC PRINICPLES
...there really are none...well have the advanced mill card, and any milling upgrade cards you have, and if you feel so inclined, medicine to improve villie production (if you want) and then just all the other cards you would want in your no rush deck. OH ad make sure you have 2 factories!

Here's the deal
AGE I
Collect all crates, then send to hunts, and start queing villies. Your first settler you train build a house, then send to hunt. Build 12 more settlers so you have 20 and send 10 of those to wood, then send the final 2 settlers to food so its 10/10/0, then click age up.
During age up, continue in a normal course of action, not changing anything (btw when aging up it DUSNT matter which politician you use). Right before you age, build a 2 houses and a market and upgrade all that you can for now, then during the age up use all the food you can to que up ten villies and set the gather point to the closest gold mine to your original HC.

AGE II
Send your Wagon to the largest forest on your side of the map and set up shop and set the gather point right away to the forest, and que up 6 villies from that TC. After those six come out of TC #2, go back to TC#1 and they should all be done training for gold mine, and que up 4 villies. By the time all 40 settlers are out it should be divided 14/16/10. Make sure you upgrade the wood cutting at your market. Age up with whatever politician you want. During age up, just keep all your villies busy with whatever they have been doing.

AGE III
Send your wagon to a central location near mines. Que up ten villies in TC#3, then build houses till 100 pop, and build all the way up to 69 villies, making it 23/23/23, all market upgrades done. Age up with 1000 coin. During age up, continue on.

AGE IV
Make TC#4 a "foward base". Build all 99 villies, makeing it 33/33/33, and your two factories set on wood, upgrade your wood factories, and then age up asap. It should go fairly quickly. NOW IT BEGINS IN AGE V.

AGE V
Okay, now you should have a surplus of wood. The next shipment you should get is advanced mill. Then once that is sent, sending one villie at a time, build 33 mills, each one on their own mills (it gathers food so much faster, actually 13,000 food faster than 10 on 4 mills for onew hour of play!!) and upgrade the mills fully, then get all the cards to upgrade mills from HC shipments, then get ALL the capitol upgrades you can get, switch over the factories to coin. You should be getting an INSANE amount of food by now, and you can "feed" off to people on your team, then they can focus more on wood and gold.

THIS CAN BE SO MUCH FUN WITH LIKE 60000 UNSPENT FOOD AND YOU KEEP FEEDING YOUR OPPONENTS - THEN YOU MASS UP AN ARMY AND GO TO TOWN!!!
Have fun!
Comments welcome!!
=)

Replies:
posted 07-26-06 09:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
Do not get me wrong. But besides the fact of this being a NR and team game strategy you basically says nothing but to build a lot of mills...

I all I can say is that either this thread is going to be closed soon or the feedback won't be nice. BTW: Portugal has a Church Tech with the Royal Decree card that boost their Mills, just to help with your Mill spam

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 07-26-06 09:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
Awww.... man.....

after reading the title i was expecting a uber-port strat... oh well

posted 07-26-06 09:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Ummm... got times?

I'm sure this isn't for every no rush either. NR 50 or 60?

and how exactly does a seperate mill for every villager (33 mills for 33 villagers) get you more food then placing 33 villagers on 4 mills?

ESO - deathmf
1st Lieutenant, 1880!
posted 07-26-06 09:47 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
couple things:

this'll take.... what... over an hour and a half of play to see any benefit? surely the NR time will be over by then, and all you will have to show for it is a massive field of mills.

the ROI (return on investment) is so bad you can't see enough benefit soon enough.

better hope it's not half map... 33 mills will take at least a forth of the map up... maybe a third..

it's interesting that 1 person a mill yields more, but in no way is it feasible at all.

edit:

Quote:

AND YOU KEEP FEEDING YOUR OPPONENTS

so they get so obese they can't move the mouse!!11`~!!

i'm sorry, i couldn't help it...

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 07-26-2006 @ 09:49 PM).]

posted 07-26-06 09:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
Isn't PMS... the post menstrual syndrome? XD
posted 07-26-06 09:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20  

Quote:

Isn't PMS... the post menstrual syndrome? XD

i think the coincedence wasn't one... but ... heh...

posted 07-26-06 10:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
Stop newbifying this forum.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 07-26-06 10:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
ive never played NR. but i can say that this strat is utterly retarded.

first off, NR is a rush to imperial witht he best possible econ. so makign 20 settlers in age 1 makes no sense. there is NO portuguese adavatnage in age 1, they get a second TC in age 2, so its best to rush to age 2, even in no ursh, for ports.

also its better to be in age 3 with 3 tcs, as its better to be in age 4 with 4. and its best to be in age 5 with imperial econ upgrades.

so scrap this and just race to age 5 while keeping constant vill production. btw, why build 33 mills at a time when you can A)hunt B) fish ) gatehr berries D) make livestock E) make 1 mill at a time when the wood comes?

oh i also forgot to mention how dumb it is to split yoru vilsl 33/33/33. wtf? if you want to make cassas, put mroe on food, less on gold, so you can get the amount for a casa, if you want to make goons, put a little mroe on gold and a little less on food, so you get the right resoruces for goons.

btw, Ender's right.

[This message has been edited by brandnizzle (edited 07-26-2006 @ 10:36 PM).]

posted 07-26-06 10:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
Actually I was experimenting with something similar but for normal play. Adv mills + 15%x2 cards +20% church card + 15% seed mills +30% artifical fertilizer gives a total 95% boost on base gather rate on a safe resource. Integrating these cards into normal play isnt that hard, and can give a rewarding turtle/boom, possibly.

If all things are relative then cannibalism is just a matter of taste...
My AoE3 Stats

[This message has been edited by Yobbo (edited 07-26-2006 @ 10:53 PM).]

posted 07-26-06 11:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
Mill efficency is not one per mill. It is 7 per mill and even 7 is not really much over 10.
posted 07-27-06 02:32 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  

Quote:

Adv mills + 15%x2 cards +20% church card + 15% seed mills +30% artifical fertilizer gives a total 95% boost on base gather rate on a safe resource. Integrating these cards into normal play isnt that hard, and can give a rewarding turtle/boom, possibly.

as interesting as it is, it is extremely over-extending (sorry mtg term surfaced ) on food.

edit: i second ender

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 07-27-2006 @ 02:34 AM).]

posted 07-27-06 02:39 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  

Quoted from aka99:

Mill efficency is not one per mill. It is 7 per mill and even 7 is not really much over 10.

I suppose you mean the optimal number of villagers per mill is 7? If so, how did you work this out? How many is optimal for a Plantation? How big are the differences (so we can work out how long it would take to recoup the extra cost of another mill/plantation etc)...

?

Edit: Regarding the initial 'Strategy', i am reminded of the saying; "Free advice is seldom cheap."

Thus.

The Optimist believes that we live in the best possible world. The Pesimist believes this to be true.

[This message has been edited by Ultimate Newbie (edited 07-27-2006 @ 02:41 AM).]

posted 07-27-06 03:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20  

Quote:

as interesting as it is, it is extremely over-extending (sorry mtg term surfaced ) on food.

Mass Musketeers and Hussars ftw!

If all things are relative then cannibalism is just a matter of taste...
My AoE3 Stats
posted 07-27-06 04:41 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
I support Ender. Please... think about the feasibility of something and TEST it (on a human, please, not a comp) before posting.

ESO - deathmf
1st Lieutenant, 1880!
posted 07-27-06 06:41 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
@Ultimate Newbie

Quote:

I suppose you mean the optimal number of villagers per mill is 7? If so, how did you work this out?

An earlier thread suggests that this is because after 7 vills they start bumping into each other ...

Quote:

and even 7 is not really much over 10.

... but that the drop in gather rate is negligible (since 7 is actually three under ten). *smiles*

posted 07-27-06 08:20 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
Hey ! With all those mills when to have the time to make my sandwich ? I'll be so busy, I wont even have time to do my banking AND play a NR game... woooooaaaaaa
posted 07-27-06 03:57 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
This is basicly a simple Portuguese no rush strat. You FF and boom from 3 TCs, but with more mills.

GAHHAG!!!! HAHAHA!!! lLAAHAHEDWHDS!!!!! PMS!!!! PMS!!!! PMS!!!!!!

Sorry for my behavior its just so funny! LMFAOWROLF!!!

Lamer: FF.
Me: Why?
Lamer: Cause you'll be in 1 age ahead of the other guys and have a better eco, plus you can turtle and since its on your TC + couple of towers you can't go wrong.
Me: Uh, we're on the G Plains, how the heck am I gonna turtle?
posted 07-28-06 02:02 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
NO RUSH IS FOR LOSERS. Stick with what the game shouldve been like no rules.
posted 07-28-06 02:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  

Quote:

BASIC PRINICPLES
...there really are none

I think that basically sums this strat up.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
posted 07-28-06 02:39 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
If we see more nr strats I'm going to die.

Eating is my business, and business is good.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Portuguese Millers Strategy...a.k.a. The PMS Strategy
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames