You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Portuguese Azure Tower Defence
posted 11-12-07 07:18 PM EDT (US)   
Ok, this is a strat that i tried and suceded on ESO with Ports, however it requires a medium level HC, a good know how to build base and a lot of pacience and a good Defence

I call it the Azure Tower Defence
(in honor of another game that i played and that inspired me to do this strat)

Ok Basic cards
- Cheap Outposts
- Improved Buildings
- 700 Gold
- 1000 Food
- 1000 Gold
- Fort
- Heavy Fortifications
- Factories
- 2 Organ Guns
- 2 heavy cannon
- 2 outposts

Recomended Cards
- 700 Wood
- 700 Food
- Land Grab
- 16 Muskets or 12 cassas
- 8 muskets or 8 or 9 cassas
- muskets or 8 xbows

The idea of this strat is to build cheap towers and defend the base so hard that your enemy will waste more to attack and you almost nothing to defend. Until 4 age where you will sudently have all defensive upgrades for free. And if done correctly it can turn the tide
Also its a all or none, cause if you go into this strat there is no turning back.
It's best used in maps where you start with more wood, and if possible a very,very,very next to town TP, plus i say that if you have a water map please dont go in this strat, but use the Fish boom.
Some parts are up to you to decide depending on situation

1st collect crates
- build house
- have 14~15 of Population vils
- Send Cheap Outposts
- Send Improved Buildings
- Collect treasures, and mainly those who are about Wood (to learn how to collect treasures more heavily guarded, i suggest you read the notes about it in the Sticky)
- Age up with 500 food
.................... Until this point its simillar to many other begguinings of ports

During age up
Every vil,exept 4 or5, to wood... If you got enought wood build towers so that they can cover each other and around the TC...
(i will edit this post with images as soon as possible)the second shipment should be arriving is Improved buildings
Age 2

-Upon Arrival you should have 1 (and one in ways of being constructed) or 2 towers.
-If you see that you are low on food you can shift one or two vils to food to boast your eco, but beware not to hurt your tower defence
-Collect crates Build 5 to 6 vils send to food and gold.
-Build TC on the perimeter of the towers so that you can have defence
-Build market if possible and with new TC and food production you should be able to build some more vils to gold. Research the basic gold wood and food, if you have the resources to do so.
- Send the third shipment or 2 towers if enemy has just attacked or is FF or something or 8 Xbows or 6 muskets if you think that with your defence you can pound them .... Most of cases i would go to towers.
- Remember to continue Tower production, i cannot say when to build because that depends on the enemy so whenever you are able do it
-send 700 gold and advance exiled prince ASAP
You should be around 8 to 10 mins or so but while at it if you designed your base correctly you should be able to counter every attack

..... Another thing cover the mines with TC close together and ring the bell, but micro the vils, so that if some vils can continue production while the enemy attacks it helps
Another thing is to search for hunts a little away from base cause your enemy will search around your base to kill hunters. always put explorer relatively near hunters to spot enemys before so that you can run with your vils

Fortress,
- Ship fort and put it at the center of the base
create more vils if you need or you can start a little military production, dont compromise your aging cause then your opponent will mass falcs and its over.
Cassas and organs and muskets should do the trick
- Ship 1000 gold or food depending on your stocks
(you need at minimum 10 on food and 10 on gold.. of course depending on how the game started and how you managed and how strong is your opponent you may need more vils... Strongly recomended)
At the time you age you should have already replaced the fallen towers with new ones and you should have 5 or 6 at least
You should be Industrial at 15 with a shipment
-Heavy fortifications then when my opponent came with falcs he was crushed by my cannon towers OP TC and OP fort and my units then its your option to increase eco with factory or 2 cannons or 16 muskets or 12 cassas, then build military and VOila

Now Remember that if you have a TP you recive more Shipments so the base will be easier to defend and you will take less time. This is better than F.I. because you actually have a chance vs big raids. TP is almost essential against the medium player.

I didn't spcify the number of houses so you should build as necessary.
Time is not so specified because i do this more of instinct than a mecanical thing

GOOd LUck and good replies, not super hero stuff, and i know that the way to expose can be improved

WHAT THE BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I am no Turk i am Portuguese ..... I just like to play Turk
And the 50 thousand Janissarys came upon the byzantine walls Constantinople and the byzantine empire were about to end..

[This message has been edited by Turk Janissary (edited 11-28-2007 @ 10:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-12-07 09:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
Thanks, I'll definitely try it!

Post a rec!
posted 11-12-07 11:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
mmm this is very vulnerable to any ff that gets falcs out fairly quick.

the problem is wen people see cm or ib they immediatly know they should ff... so if u dont use cm i would recommend taking it out of your deck cause if your opponent saw only ib they would think twice about a pure ff...

quoted from jafit talking smack about ender in regards to the abus nerf: "He's probably in a fetal position on the floor holding an action figure abus gun."
posted 11-12-07 11:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
the thing is, most ports have these cards whether its an ff or just regular colonial fish/turtle.

I can see this working with minimal unit production such as culvs. it definitely needs tweaking but can definitely be viable if you find a way to take out falcs and to out boom the opponent.

Its similar to ceres's portregese turtle guide in the turtling aspect.

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 11-13-07 06:53 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
I just tried it, I was careless, but anyways... HI heavy rushes can hurt a lot, you absolutely need walls, right?

Do you move wood vils to food during colonial to go fortress? How many new vils do you aim for before clicking the exiled prince?
posted 11-17-07 09:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Ok to tweak it a little...

first thanks for trying it yourself, which is the point of every strat is to improve gaming.

second you were right it is best to take CM i dont actually use it on this strat, it was more of an option with Improved buildings, but the essential card is improved buildings.

Third i didnt use walls the times i used the strat,(which were 4 and i only lost one.) didn't Falc a lot, it used 2 falcs at the same time, or three, instead they used more HI and one was russian tried to strelet me, but i had so tight defences that he lost his army very quick, and when he finally went to falcs i already had an eco good enough to produce culvs which manandled his Falcs, and i had 2 organs which defeated his infantry.
The ranks were Russian (1st lieutenant)
Brits (Master Sergeant)This one beat me cause he made only falcs, instead of regular units, and attacked me awfully quick.
Ottoman (2nd Lieutenant) I antecipated the rush and defended, which made his rush completely off, and then he could not compete with my eco
The 4th was a team game where i teamed with a Dutch, vs two brits, and the battle was in my town mostly and we won cause hussars Own Falcs

Another thing.... Important if you have water defenitly go for port fish boom. If not try this.... more i always had a TP so shipmentscan get there faster and you can have eco and some minimal military

If you change your vils from wood to food during age up colonial, remember that you wont have wood to Tower, so change only 2 or3 to food, but due to philosofer prince you should have all the wood you need. to Exile, i didnt actually count cause i already had some military but have in mind not to build vils like there is no tomorrow, build vils as you need, but 10 minimum on food 10 minimum on gold and 7 on wood, are minimum requirement, to beat a rookie.

Continue to reply with your questions

WHAT THE BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I am no Turk i am Portuguese ..... I just like to play Turk
And the 50 thousand Janissarys came upon the byzantine walls Constantinople and the byzantine empire were about to end..
posted 11-17-07 01:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
Seems solid, any chance of some recs?

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
posted 11-21-07 06:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
The Portuguese are a deep civ. When I bought Age 3 last December, I tested out all 8 civs and, since I was a noob and testing out on the AI, picked Portugal as my main civ. A few months later I discovered the forums, and found that I had made a terrible mistake. But I was a very high level with the Ports at this point, and didn't want to quit.

Gradually, my once military-filled deck has slowly transferred to a deck with the two dragoon upgrades (genitours and combats), rangefinding for mortars/howitzers, both factories, Col. Militia, Improved Buildings, Treaty, Mames, Schooners, and several crates for a new Fast-Industrial I'm developing.

This is a good strategy, and I will try it. It can probably be integrated with my Fast-Industrial.

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 11-21-2007 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 11-22-07 05:03 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
(in honor of another game that i played and that inspired me to do this strat)
Wich happend to be warcraft ^^
posted 11-24-07 09:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
*utter silence*

Seriously, this thread's been dead for days, we gotta get some LIFE into it, fellas!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
posted 11-24-07 09:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
...2 days. And why does it have to stay alive anyways?

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
posted 11-24-07 09:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
I dunno, Grep, I honestly don't know.

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
posted 11-27-07 04:51 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
This is just a thought but couldn't you use aztecs cause of arrow knights 30 range anti artillery and noble huts? i will edit this to finish it i gotta go to school.

ok this is the edited section below.

My reasons that when u hit age 3 you could get the arrow kinghts card. they have extra damage vs artillery so if the artillery could get to your towers you could always just use towers to kill the infantry and demolish the artillery wih some arrow knights. yes it woud slow down your industrial time but only by like 150gold and 250food (only rough) for however many that would buy (like 3 from what i remember).

remember this is my opinion plz do not flame me if you think only a noob would think of this.

[This message has been edited by Tezza_01 (edited 11-28-2007 @ 02:42 AM).]

posted 11-27-07 06:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
It seems like if you played good enough defense you could do a fast industrial while spamming towers.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
posted 11-28-07 10:35 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14  

Yes... True that a FI can be quite earlier that the AZure Tower defence, but if you reach industrial too quick and you are not in team games, the result is you are in industrial but defenceless almost. In this case you reach Industrial with a solid defence and if your opponent tries to rush you in fortress and you are industrial with heavy fortifications, guess what he loses, and you have the ability to counter attack and win.

"the game is warcraft" Yes it is and the Azure tower defence is a small game of it... Loool.

I will edit definitly the open statement so that the strat is better understand by the others

Also i have to thank all those who supported this strat and tried it.

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Portuguese Azure Tower Defence
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames