Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ottoman FAST FORTRESS
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 07-19-08 01:13 AM EDT (US)   
OTTOMAN FAST FORTRESS (TAD VERSION + Vanilla Tips at the end.)

Introduction: The Ottoman Fast Fortress has great power. It is very useful. It’s only weakness is a quick rush, but, if you can fend it off, you can easily overpower them when you get to Fortress Age.

Record Games: Currently, I don't have any good ones. Shortly, I'll be posting some.

Deck: Here is an example of a deck that I use for The Ottoman FF:

(Couldn't get Picture in)

Age 1: 3 Settlers, Colonial Militia, ATP, Land Grab, Economic Theory.

Age 2: 4 Settlers, 700 Food, 700 Wood, 700 Coin, 5 Janissaries, 2 Outpost Wagons (Useful for taking map control for more hunts), Silk Road, 3 Hussars.

Age 3: 1000 Wood, 8 Janissaries, Janissary Combat, 5 Spahi, 5 Abus Guns, 2 Falconets, 1 Fort, Royal Mint, Refigeration, Mamelukes.

Age 4: Factory, Robber Barons.

Note: This deck is just as a guide, to show you the general cards used.

Times: All times depending on treasures.

AGE 2:
Click up:
2:20-2:50
Age up: 3:50-4:20

AGE 3:
Click up:
5:20-5:50
Age up: 7:10-7:40

Build Order:

AGE 1:

•Put 4 settlers onto huntables.
•2 settlers onto crates.
•Town Centre waypoint to food.
•Once the 2 settlers have collected all the crates, do the following:

400 Wood Start:

1 Mosque
2 House/s
1 Millet System Upgrade from Mosque (Faster settler production)

300 Wood Start:
1 Mosque
1 House/s
1 Millet System Upgrade from Mosque (Faster settler production)

•Once those 2 settlers have built them, send them to food.
•All settlers on food.
•Send “3 Settlers” as your first card.
•When you get 800 food, age up with “400 Wood” Politician.

Transition Age1 -> Age 2:
•Move 4 – 5 settlers from food onto coin, depending on coin treasures. Usually 4.

AGE 2:
•Immediately send 700 coin.
•Collect 400 wood with 2 settlers from coin.
•Build 1 Barracks and 2 houses, then put the settlers back on coin. (Do that now, or do it while aging up to have a quicker age up time)
•Once you get 300 coin, usually just keep no settlers on coin, so you can get that 1200 food.
•Collect the 700 coin with 3 settlers from coin.
•Age up with the “4 Hussar” Politician.

Transition Age2 -> Age 3:
•Have 5 settlers on coin, and the rest on food.
•Start making Janissaries from your barracks.
•Ship in 700 wood, and build 5 houses. Save 200 wood.

AGE 3:
•Immediately send your 4 Hussars to raid the enemies settlers.
•Immediately upgraded your Janissaries.
•Ship in 2 Falconets when your about ready to attack, and use your Janissaries as a meatshield.

Shipments for Age 3:
•2 Falconets (Pure ownage with a Janissary meat shield)

•1 Fort (Great for Map Control)

•5 Saphi (Raiding FTW!)

•Janissary Combat (Pure ownage)

•1000 Wood (Get some Trade Posts going!)

•Silk Road (If you get Trade Posts going)

•8 Janissaries (If you need the extra *GRUNT*)

•5 Abus (If you need the extra *Double GRUNT*)

I hope that you like my OTTOMAN FAST FORTRESS (Tad Version).

For all of you Vanilla player out there, I haven't forgotten about you

For Vanilla, it is pretty much the same. All you have to do different, is build different buildings in Age 1! Simple!

Vanilla

500 Wood Start:

1 Trade Post
2 Houses

400 Wood Start
1 Trade Post
1 House

I hope you have had as much fun reading this as I have testing it and writing it.

Any questions, so don't hesitate to ask.

I accept ALL Constructive Critisim and any tips that you may have.

I hope you have fun with the Ottoman Fast Fortress.

Note: I didn't make this up myself. Davo_89 taught me a very similiar one a while ago. I have just changed it a bit. Just thought I'd say so I don't get sued .

Also, I'd love to thank Arcane Ranger, who gave me the inspiration to write this up in my own thread, after posting a smaller version of the FF in his "Help With Otto FF thread.

So, thanks again Arcane Ranger

OTTOMANS FOREVER

P.S. Watch out for my "Russian Rushing" strategy coming out soon, at a "AOE3 Heaven Games" near you!

P.S.S. How can I get this into the Strategy Central Stickies? Do I need to send it off to someone?

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 07-21-2008 @ 04:43 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-19-08 01:29 AM EDT (US)     1 / 85  
Mamelukes are always nice because they take ages to die.
posted 07-19-08 01:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 85  
Get Italian Elmeti instead of mams theyre 10x better.And VERY GOOD STRAT.very nice work James246

-=»(¯`._.[(-Black Crescent-)]._.´¯)«=-

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."- General George S. Patton

"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves."- Joseph Stalin
posted 07-19-08 01:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 85  
Thanks BlackCresnt
Get Italian Elmeti instead of mams theyre 10x better
Italian Elmeti is Age 4.

I don't really use mamelukes. I prefer having spahi.

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 07-19-2008 @ 01:51 AM).]

posted 07-19-08 02:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 85  
I know elmeti r age 4;i used this strat to put me in a comfy position for the rest of the game i used the army made to attack killed his villies and pulled my men back with his base intact but eco destroyed then i built my base established map control researched upgrades etc...etc... then raid again with elmeti he was so panicked he quit when he saw them coming to destroy whats left of his villies...shame i did not get to destroy his base with my uber great imperial bombards

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."- General George S. Patton

"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves."- Joseph Stalin
posted 07-19-08 03:08 AM EDT (US)     5 / 85  
Ahhh... Ok.

Just didn't think that since we are talking about a FAST FORTRESS. Not FAST INDUSTRIAL. Lol.
P.S.S. How can I get this into the Strategy Central Stickies? Do I need to send it off to someone?
Well. Anyone know?
posted 07-19-08 07:21 AM EDT (US)     6 / 85  
Once you hit 300 coin, you don't need any vills on gold. Also, have spahi AND mams, and you want to get rid of all the outpost wagons, the surgeons, and advanced mill, at least.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 07-19-08 07:29 AM EDT (US)     7 / 85  
cards to take out
Advanced Mill
Age 2: 4 settlers, Silk Road, TEAM 2 Surgeons,

Age 3: 4 Outpost Wagons,

leaving you with 5 card slots.
Put in mams- better than saphi unless vs russia
Schooners
3 economic upgrades preferabley royal mint and the third age food gathering one.
age 3 villy card if ottos have it.

Those cards will help and suplement your weak economy.

also silk road isn't worth it. FF you have to go on offensive asap. before the other guy just booms you to death.

Another small little thing to decrease ageing time. Don't build more houses than nessary and don't build barracks till after your start ageing than you build the rest of your houses and barrcks. Saves a few VS.

[This message has been edited by ironblade1 (edited 07-19-2008 @ 07:33 AM).]

posted 07-19-08 07:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 85  
i agree silkroad on TAD is pretty much useless but ironblade spahis r better than mams in evry way whatsoever and if u want extra heavy cavalry besides spahi in forts u should go for stradiots.and u will never really get to use 4 outpost coz u have to get more important cards besides that.
3 eco upgrades re u crazy or what u can NEVER expect to really use those.AND JUST HOW HE F*** DOES # SCHOONERS HELP UR ECO?!?!?!

[This message has been edited by Black Crescent (edited 07-19-2008 @ 09:28 AM).]

posted 07-19-08 08:10 AM EDT (US)     9 / 85  
Yes. Thanks for your help guys
Once you hit 300 coin, you don't need any vills on gold.
I keep 1 on coin, so I can start making Janissaries as soon as I click up. But, once you get the 300 coin, it helps to have more on food to get up faster.

It really depends on your treasures and things.

IT IS JUST A BASIC GUIDE. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE AN EXCAT BUILD ORDER
AND JUST HOW HE F*** DOES # SCHOONERS HELP UR ECO?!?!?!
Making fishing boats 40 wood. Helps you fish boom.

Oh. And By the way. I don't need schooners, as I don't play water maps as I don't have the best connection and war ships lagg like there is no tommorrow.

EDIT: I Have edited my deck, including the mamelukes. I couldn't add all the Age 3 ones since Age 3 slot was full.

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 07-19-2008 @ 08:27 AM).]

posted 07-19-08 08:50 AM EDT (US)     10 / 85  
i suggest u experiment between mams and stradiots(imo strads r better).So u added 2 eco boosts.OK but only if its a long rune u wont need it if u plan on ending the game in fort but in the long run(OK I ACCEPT My mistake)they can be pretty good since otto dont have a late and great eco.

posted 07-19-08 09:18 AM EDT (US)     11 / 85  
cards to take out
Advanced Mill
Age 2: 4 settlers, Silk Road, TEAM 2 Surgeons,

Age 3: 4 Outpost Wagons,

leaving you with 5 card slots.
Put in mams- better than saphi unless vs russia
Schooners
3 economic upgrades preferabley royal mint and the third age food gathering one.
age 3 villy card if ottos have it.

I have no Idea why Advanced Mill was in there. I never use it . Think it might have been from a copy from my other deck.

Ok. So, I take out 5 cards.

My age 3 slot is already full.

Take out 1 from Age 3 (4 Outposts).

And I can then only put 1 of the Mams Royal Mint or Referigiration.

Nah. Just check again.

I managed a way to get them in
posted 07-19-08 10:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 85  
Mams are far better than Stradiots. Those bastards just don't die.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 07-19-08 01:05 PM EDT (US)     13 / 85  
yeah I like mams also...i suggest getting the 3 spahi card also.
Nice work james I'll try it out on vanilla.

P.S. try and do at least 1 recording on vanilla in addition to TAD so vanilla players like me can see this in action.

also IMO i would age up with 4 abus guns rather than 4 hussars you have spahi comming anyway so no need to raid wiht hussars. Anyway abus pretty much rape anything that's not cavalry.
posted 07-19-08 11:30 PM EDT (US)     14 / 85  
there has been disccusion on which is better mams or saphi. The consus was mams. This was a while back check the older threads. The reasoning was that HP> Attack. This is why hacakpless are not the great of a mercaniary, The key expction was when you play russia than go saphi because the area affect eats strelet.

Now we see that schooners for James are a mute point. But hears why they are good. Schooners makes the boats about as cost effiecent as villys to make. With out it they cost double a villy does in vs. Making them not that worth while.
posted 07-19-08 11:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 85  
Ya but you should make a water and a normal deck, in the water add schooners and maybe a fishing boat upgrade card (30% is a ton in colonial). No point in wasting card slots on a land map.
posted 07-20-08 00:45 AM EDT (US)     16 / 85  
How do you age to colonial so fast? I'll get all kinds of treasures and still barely make it by 3:00 to 3:10.
posted 07-20-08 07:40 AM EDT (US)     17 / 85  
also IMO i would age up with 4 abus guns rather than 4 hussars you have spahi comming anyway so no need to raid wiht hussars. Anyway abus pretty much rape anything that's not cavalry.
I'd age up with 4 Hussars for this reason:

-Raiding
-Yes, you can send in Spahi, but, that will not be your first fortress shipment. You need those first shipments to get out more Janissaries, get some Abus going and get those ECO upgrades.
-Also, you don't have the spare 1000 food for 5 Spahi straight away. You are too busy making Jans.

That is why I like aging with 4 hussars, as you can raid STRAIGHT away, and not spend all your resources on 5 units when you could make a lot more Janissaries.

I usually do this in Fortress:

2 Falconets
8 Janissares
5 Abus Guns
ECO CARD/S
Spahi
Fort
Mams

All really depending on the situation, but that is basic.
Ya but you should make a water and a normal deck, in the water add schooners and maybe a fishing boat upgrade card (30% is a ton in colonial). No point in wasting card slots on a land map.
I don't play water maps because of the lagg from WarShips. I hate it. For the second time.... don't you people read ahead

Nah, but, if you do play water you should have a land ff deck and a water ff deck.
How do you age to colonial so fast? I'll get all kinds of treasures and still barely make it by 3:00 to 3:10.
Well. All you really have to do is just have NO idle settlers. Remember. Every second counts.

Just keep on practicing.

You'll get there.

Maybe you should (if you dont all ready) click the TC and right click on food, so your settlers go straight to food so you don't have that 1/2 second where you click them, then tell them where to go.

KEEP PRACTICING
P.S. try and do at least 1 recording on vanilla in addition to TAD so vanilla players like me can see this in action.
I'll try and get them as soon as I can. I'm really busy at the moment. If I wasn't busy, I would have already posted up my "Russian Rush" stratergy.

Sorry for the inconvience of no recordings. THEY WILL BE COMING! I'll just do them agaisnt the computer, to just show you the basic BO and things. They'll be on here this week (I hope).
yeah I like mams also...i suggest getting the 3 spahi card also.
I'd put in 3 Spahi, but my Age 3 bit is already full in my deck. I'd rather have the cards in there already. But. I'm thinking of taking out Royal Mint and adding in 3 Spahi. What do you guys think?

Royal Mint or 3 Spahi?

Also. Janissary combat card is great. Defiently keep that there.

Also. Anyone got any suggestions for an Age 2 card to replace Sustainable Agriculture. I kind of just stuck it in there. Only really worth it if you get to Mills, but, you usually do when you FF as the hunts go pretty fast, and if the battle lasts, it is a good upgrade.

What do you guys think?

Thanks guys. I am glad you like my strat.

P.S Recordings on Ottoman FAST FORTRESS coming soon.

P.S.S The Russian RUSH is also coming soon.

P.S.S.S
Well, does ANYONE know? Please?

I want them in there.

What one should it go in? TWC, VANILLA, or TAD? Probably TWC? As that has the TAD Euro strats... Maybe it could go in 'Nilla and TWC?

HOW DO I GET IT THERE?
posted 07-20-08 09:00 AM EDT (US)     18 / 85  
----------------------------------------------------------
300 Wood Start:
1 Mosque
2 House/s
----------------------------------------------------------

Unless the prices are different in TAD(im assuming mosques are 250 and 1 house is 100), how is this possible?

ESO: socrstar
Comprehensive Turtling Guide
Semi NVR for 'Nilla
Rise of Amsterdam v2: A guide to the Dutch
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"
posted 07-20-08 01:11 PM EDT (US)     19 / 85  
Well. All you really have to do is just have NO idle settlers. Remember. Every second counts.

Just keep on practicing.

You'll get there.

Maybe you should (if you dont all ready) click the TC and right click on food, so your settlers go straight to food so you don't have that 1/2 second where you click them, then tell them where to go.
Yes, I'm not stupid, I know what waypoints are . But even though I have food around me and there's maybe one second movement between TC and herd, I just can't get to colonial that fast.
posted 07-20-08 07:20 PM EDT (US)     20 / 85  
"I'd put in 3 Spahi, but my Age 3 bit is already full in my deck. I'd rather have the cards in there already. But. I'm thinking of taking out Royal Mint and adding in 3 Spahi. What do you guys think?"

3 spahi is definitely better your attacks strength is the fire power so the 3 spahi will add more punch. (also the enemy is bound to start making LI due to all the jans swarming around their base)

"how do you get to colonial so fast?"
it depends also on whether you start with 100 food in addtion to the 400 wood or something else. also use waypoints (yes I know you know what they are) aim for food treasures to get there super quick.

instead of sustanible agriculture i would recommend silk road (on vanilla atleast not sure how much it got nerfed on TAD) maybe 3 hussars instead on TAD.

mosques = 100 wood on TAD... (yes I made the same statement since I only have vanilla)

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 07-20-2008 @ 07:21 PM).]

posted 07-20-08 07:45 PM EDT (US)     21 / 85  
I don't play water maps because of the lagg from WarShips. I hate it. For the second time.... don't you people read ahead
Yes I actually read ahead. Just because I'm posting in your thread it doesn't mean it's directly for you, it was a general statement to add to iron's previous post.
posted 07-20-08 08:26 PM EDT (US)     22 / 85  
Unless the prices are different in TAD(im assuming mosques are 250 and 1 house is 100), how is this possible?
Mosques are 100 wood on TAD, and you get an XP trickle from them. (About the same as TP's. Just a bit less.)
Yes, I'm not stupid, I know what waypoints are . But even though I have food around me and there's maybe one second movement between TC and herd, I just can't get to colonial that fast.
Hmmmm.... Ok.

Well. Depends. Sometimes you start with 100 food, but still, you should be able to click up at about before 2:50 even with no 100 food start.

I'm not really sure.

Maybe you could post us a recording of you aging up? Maybe we could help you with what you are doing wrong.

Does anyonethink that 2:20-2:50 is the right time to be clicking up? I still get in the time with 100 food start or not.
I don't know if I am reading this wrong, but, you get to Colonial @ 3:00 Minutes.

My times are:

I click the age up @ 2:20-2:50

I reach colonial @ 3:50-4:20.

Are you clicking the age up at 3:00 or reaching colonial at 3:00?

Maybe you or I read it wrong?
3 spahi is definitely better your attacks strength is the fire power so the 3 spahi will add more punch. (also the enemy is bound to start making LI due to all the jans swarming around their base)
Yes. Very good point. I didn't think of that.

If they make LI, the 3 Saphi will help to take them out, but, does anyone know the upgrades for Janissary Combat? It gives them more HP + Attack.

I'm still busy, so, I'm not having much game time.

Sometime this week I'll check all this stuff out.
Yes I actually read ahead. Just because I'm posting in your thread it doesn't mean it's directly for you, it was a general statement to add to iron's previous post.
Ok. Yup. Sorry

Yeh. But, true. If you play water maps, you should have a Water FF deck and Land FF deck.

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 07-20-2008 @ 08:35 PM).]

posted 07-20-08 10:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 85  
Wohoo, I finally got around to post! Anyway good strat *claps*! Yeah, 2:20-2:50 is good, except 2:50 might be a lil too late. I can manage 2:00 with the 140 food treasure (guarded by 2 cayotes/wolves and one horse-pistol outlaw) on great plains.

The only way to get into stickies I think, is to get a mod to approve of your thread as something important and overall useful (War stories, AOE strategies, all very useful).

My GUESS for Jan combat is that it improves the jans attk and hp by around 10%-20%. That's what most upgrade cards do (I think). I'll check on the stats later tomorrow. Btw, do you want the stats for veteran, regular, or guard jans?
posted 07-20-08 11:07 PM EDT (US)     24 / 85  
Wohoo, I finally got around to post! Anyway good strat *claps*!
Thank you very much mate

I hope I make it too the stickies.

If a Mod is reading this, could you consider putting this into the stickies?
Yeah, 2:20-2:50 is good, except 2:50 might be a lil too late. I can manage 2:00 with the 140 food treasure (guarded by 2 cayotes/wolves and one horse-pistol outlaw) on great plains.
Yeh. It is really depending on treasures.

You can get really fast getting the 100 food start and the 140 food treasure which you said.

You have to remember to get treasures, as they help.
Btw, do you want the stats for veteran, regular, or guard jans?
I know the stats for Veteran and Regular.

We just need to know for the "Janissary Combat" card that you send in.

It is great with:

Veteran Janissarys + Janissary Combat = Pure Ownage Jans.

ALSO I'd love to thank Arcane Ranger for giving me the inspirartion to write it.

I was helping him in his "Help with Otto FF" thread, and I wrote up a smaller one with less deatail.

Thanks Arcane Ranger for giving me the inspiration to write it up

Arcane Range, you are now included in the first post in this thread:
Also, I'd love to thank Arcane Ranger, who gave me the inspiration to write this up in my own thread, after posting a smaller version of the FF in his "Help With Otto FF thread".

So, thanks again Arcane Ranger
I hope you feel proud

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 07-20-2008 @ 11:23 PM).]

posted 07-21-08 00:24 AM EDT (US)     25 / 85  

If a Mod is reading this, could you consider putting this into the stickies?
Only the most respected strats get put in the stickies... nice try... :P

lol jk I have no idea how to get it there.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Ottoman FAST FORTRESS
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames