You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Dutch WildCard Semi-FF
posted 12-27-09 04:39 PM EDT (US)   
So you want something insane? You want something strange? You want something that will give your opponent much pain?

The Dutch WildCard Semi-FF

I introduce the WildCard Semi! So what is the WildCard semi? Well, Dutch are very good at getting money. Let's put that to our advantage. The goal of this strategy will be to utilize the Mercantilism tech to our advantage. Imagine getting to Fortress with not one, but 4 shipments ready! This strategy is probably best used for Fortress wars. Generally you won't be harassed to hard early when it's fortress fighting, which will give you time to execute this well enough.

Nota Bene: Works better on the FP.

Let's get down to it:

Deck:

What's great about this strat, is that you don't need a special deck to use. I use it perfectly fine with my standard 1v1 deck, shown below:

[PNG, (249.40 KB)]

You'll be using pretty normal cards, and it will be pretty standard play, up till a certain point.

Early Macro:

Gather your crates, send 3 vills to coin and the rest on food. Make a house from one of the wood crates. Age with 15 vills and 400w. Standard. During the transition, allocate your villagers on food and wood to gather the resources to build a bank. Once you have your bank, put 7 villagers on coin, 8 on food.

Once you've aged, send 700w. Use the 400w and the food your 8 vills have gathered to build another bank. Keep constant vill production, and gather 350 more food, after you've built your second bank. TC waypoint is on food. Once the 700w comes, build a 3rd bank, put up a rax (or a stable, it's up to you), and a church. And put all the wood you have left into houses (if you have any, from treasures or gathering). I said before that this is best for FF wars, so you shouldn't be be harassed, or very little. In case you are, use the rax to make skirms or pikes, use MM and careful building placement.

Your 3rd shipment is the Bank Wagon. This will give you your fourth bank.

What now?

Now, you'll be aging soon. With your food vills, and your banks, you'll get the resources necessary very soon. Age with the fast politician. STANDARD EH?

Now put all your vills on coin. 4 Banks, 22 vills on coin, that should get you 1500 coin relatively quickly. Research Mercantilism. BAM!

You are in Fortress, with a strong economy, and 4 shipments ready.

What now?!

Now, it's up to you. For a stronger military mass early, I suggest sending all the Skirm and Ruiter cards. Make sure you have the housing though. That said, you can also send 1000w, for an early TC. Or maybe 4 vills, the church card, and skirms? Or...the infantry and/or cavalry combat cards?

Up to you! You have 4 shipments, use them wisely, you'll see.

Good luck and have fun, feel free to criticize, flame or ask questions. I'll try to get some recordings soon, if I can.
Replies:
posted 12-27-09 09:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Ah brings me back to the 1.07 days. Make sure to get an arty foundry up to fully get the fortress advantage

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 12-28-09 01:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
as you stated in the other thread this turned out to be quite a intresting strat

¨°ºO "All you big boys stay back and let me do my thaaaang"Oº°‘¨
posted 12-28-09 02:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
So how well do you think it works? (I'm no judge, I don't play dutch :P )
posted 12-28-09 12:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
This is awesome! I didn't expect you to get it done so quickly. I'm going to try it out as soon as possible, but the Windows partition on my Mac just had a complete meltdown so I can't get on ESO. Once it's fixed this will be the first thing I try. I even think this could hold up somewhat nicely against early attacks with good building placement (like you said) and if you manage to herd effectively, as you will need a lot of food early on. It's nice to have so many options upon reaching fortress. Thank you! :]

Meh. I come and go I guess.
I no longer play on ESO. Just GameRanger.
Also playing Starcraft II Beta though.
My account name on SCII is Caiaphas.wisdom.
posted 12-28-09 02:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
WOuld it not be better to just go ruyter skirm?

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
posted 12-29-09 10:33 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
I can see this getting raped in a colonial battle. At least in fanpatch, germans, french, and china will all be harrassing to the point of this being stupid. I can also see brits, which is not a rush civ at all, harass and take this down.

There seems to be no protection at all, and for the beginning of fortress (8-9min) you will have a one unit type from shipment. Maybe if there was a more defensive version this could work, but right now it seems like suicide. however, if your opponent is not harassing whatsoever (which if he scout he should) then this may have feasibility.

If you can find a way to get a better defense in transition, then this strat may work past my level xD.

DISTISOP
ESO: Blitzkrieg_Mario
Prefered civs: Hell, I like them all.
Rank: TWC PR 18 (master sergeant) TAD PR 17, Vanilla PR 12

Clan: Triple Entente
Favorite games: Dofus, AoE 3, Tremulous, CoD 4, SSBB, Urban Terror
posted 12-29-09 02:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
I can see this getting raped in a colonial battle. At least in fanpatch, germans, french, and china will all be harrassing to the point of this being stupid. I can also see brits, which is not a rush civ at all, harass and take this down.
This strategy is probably best used for Fortress wars.
Anyway china won't colonial rush vs dutch on FP 99% of the time.

QUACK
posted 12-30-09 08:45 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
@Micky: Yeah, I think that if I did this I would just spam the Ruiter and Skirm shipments, and perhaps mix in hussars or something. I don't like using cannons as Dutch. Personal preference, hehe. I think standard play might do better than this strategy, but it's worth a shot. Main advantage is having 3 or 4 more shipments available than your opponent.

@Mario, +1, this gets fruiting raped by any colonial play. Don't ever try this if your opponent is going colonial. Best used in FF or semi-FF situations, where you'll be left alone (perhaps harassed a little) for about 9 minutes, which is the time the strategy takes for it to work.
posted 12-30-09 12:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
@Mario, +1, this gets fruiting raped by any colonial play. Don't ever try this if your opponent is going colonial. Best used in FF or semi-FF situations, where you'll be left alone (perhaps harassed a little) for about 9 minutes, which is the time the strategy takes for it to work.
which doesnt happen 90% of all games

this strat reminds me a bit of a question of gs his quiz, why is it retarded to send 1000 w first in fortress?

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331

[This message has been edited by Bart331 (edited 12-30-2009 @ 12:56 PM).]

posted 12-30-09 02:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
How else am I supposed to use Mercantilism effectively though?
posted 12-30-09 03:47 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
posted 12-30-09 07:57 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
If housing is your problem, instead of sending that extra bank wagon, send 600 wood. You won't be missing it that much.

1st Leiut. with Russia , Master Sergeant with everything else.
My skill level is incalculable!!! Its been forever since I played seriously...
Mike Sass: Culverins are like Garrichistos, only theyre cannons.
posted 12-31-09 04:41 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
Well then you do get one less bank which slows down coin production, making this strategy less viable. Just gather wood hardcore and spam houses.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The Dutch WildCard Semi-FF
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames