posted 01-24-13 09:27 PM EDT (US)   
Yeah, yeah, awkward name. Whatever. I’m not creative. Sue me.

Are you tired of playing as the Brits? Can’t beat those massive boomers? I’ve got the strategy for you.

NOTE: Do not EVER try this against rushers without Colonial Militia. Check their decks.

Goal: To out-boom boomers early. To get a semi-fast fortress time. To come out with a massive Fortress army and decimate your enemy’s troops.

Strengths: Large economy. Ability to field a gigantic army again and again.

Weaknesses: Can be vulnerable against early rushes.

I’ve done this many times and I have won many times. It’s effective against boomers, turtlers, and everything in between. At first, you may think I’m suicidal. 60 settlers in the Colonial Age? I pity this guy. But I will show you just how effective this strategy can be.

Required Cards: 3 settlers, Virginia Company, 4 settlers, 5 settlers, 8 settlers. The rest are up to you. I would recommend putting in Colonial Militia for an early defense if needed, Fencing School, and upgrades to your military into your deck.

Discovery Age: Let 2 settlers unpack food crates, and 4 settlers hunt. Remember to shoot the huntables toward your Town Center. As soon as you get 100 food, go to your Town Center and mash V. After the food crates are exhausted, go to wood, and then to coin, and then to hunting. The last crate gatherer will build a house. All new settlers go to food. If you have enough wood left over after building your house, consider building a Trading Post, as that will help you out significantly. As soon as you get a shipment, send 3 settlers. Age up with 16 settlers and with the politician of your choice (I prefer 1 Outpost Wagon and 200 coin as an Outpost can discourage raiding and 200 coin can be used to train units).

Transition from Discovery Age to Colonial Age: Move 8 settlers to wood. As soon as you get another shipment, send Virginia Company. Explore for treasures. Queue 2 settlers to keep settler production constant after you age up.

Colonial Age: Take 1 or 2 settlers on wood to gather the crates you got from advancing. Once you get a shipment, send 5 settlers, followed by 4 settlers. If it seems like your opponent is rushing, send Colonial Militia. While this will slow down your economy, it will provide a safe defense. Go to your Town Center and queue as many settlers as possible. All new settlers go to wood. Remember to keep settler production constant. Consider building a Market and researching Hunting Dogs, Gang Saw, and Placer Mines.

Here comes the fun part.

Take 3-4 settlers and SPAM houses; as many houses as possible with your current stash of wood. Don’t be afraid. Build houses like a madman. The settlers from the houses should go to coin or food, at a 3:1 ratio (for every 3 settlers on coin, send 1 settler to food). Once you hit around 150-160 population from houses, consider building a barracks and training units. Send any other card that you have. Once you have enough resources, go to the Fortress Age with the 1 Caravel and 400 wood politician.

At this moment, you should have around 60 settlers, maxed out houses, and a gigantic booming economy that no other player can possibly match you with.

Transition from Colonial Age to Fortress Age: Keep 15 settlers on wood. Based on your needs, send all other settlers on wood to food and coin. Build a second Barracks or a Stable. Consider building a forward Barracks. Train troops.

Fortress Age: Immediately send 8 settlers. Keep settler production constant from the Town Center.

By now, your score should be hundreds of miles above the rest of the players (unless they are good; then your score should only be tens of miles above theirs ). The rest is up to you. I would recommend building an unstoppable army and winning.

There you have it. Feel free to comment and improve this strategy in any way.

Thanks,

~Ryay32~

My specific strategies:
Bodacious British Boom

[This message has been edited by ryay32 (edited 01-29-2013 @ 07:51 PM).]