Please login or register

Recorded Games Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: German rush
posted 09-20-07 03:26 AM EDT (US)   
this is how german does the rush in 1.04

opp is a port who had beaten me 5:0 in otto vs british.

enjoy

Download Here

[This message has been edited by somme (edited 09-20-2007 @ 01:36 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-20-07 11:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
can you make this a url please, I really want to see someone skilled using germans!
posted 09-20-07 01:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Made it into a link, might take a look at this.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 09-21-07 05:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
I think that it wasn't a bad rush. Actually, it wasn't that much of a rush. It can definetly get some units early, but it'd take a long time to actually destroy something. Still you were able to put it out while having a very strong economy, which I think is the whole point behind it.

Your opponent, however, made a few mistakes. In fact, he made a single very big mistake, which costed him the game in my opinion. He didn't send any card in Discovery Age but upon reaching Colonial Age he sent Colonial Militia. In fact he still waited 30 seconds after aging up to do so and also didn't train any Settlers. That slowed him down just too much, there was no way he could catch it up.

Either he should had sent Colonial Militia before aging and then sent a Colonial Age shipment (8 Xbows or 700 Food to push forward, 700 Wood to get some buildings up, 700 Gold to FF) or just had sent 700 Gold and saved a shipment for Fortress Age. He was forced to match your rush which, although quite weak in the first minutes, was backed up by a constantly growing economy. It's like one of the best Colonial economies against the worst of them, he just couldn't have won.

I think that a straight FF would have been a better choice, and then fighting from behind the TCs with Cassadores while trying to catch it up economically. That or a semi-FF, fight a bit in Colonial and then age up, instead of wasting resources on Musketeers.

Not trying to take out any credibility of yours though, but I'd like to see a replay in which you fight against a FF. Still it seems a strong option and, like you have said: "As Germans, if you dont rush you will get rushed".

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Recorded Games Discussion » German rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames