You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: So I posted here the very first day it opened...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-08-12 06:59 PM EDT (US)   
... and I just bought AoE3 today.

I have no idea why it took so long. I seem to remember there being a lot of hype about the game, then we got the demo and we were 'oh'. But I guess I was expecting another AoM.

Still, better late than never right?
Replies:
posted 01-09-12 08:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 32  
Yes?

Also am I the only one that gets the urge to head over to RoNH everytime I see bean's sig?

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]

[This message has been edited by Maffia (edited 01-09-2012 @ 08:41 AM).]

posted 01-09-12 11:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 32  
If you want a game just bug me on Steam or poke me in the eye here.

Most of the salooners no longer play though. We should get a Saloon free-for-all going for a nice walk down Memory Lane.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 01-09-12 06:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 32  
yo beany get my name out of your sig. yoinks.

posted 01-10-12 09:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 32  
I posted the first thread on the first day it opened
:smug:

excluding mod threads bleh

The game was alright, somewhat of a let down in so many ways however. It had its fun moments, even more so before I was banned from maps with any water in them what so ever.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 01-10-12 04:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 32  
Good times.

Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs?
Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?
Not one now, to mock your own grinning?
posted 01-10-12 06:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 32  
even more so before I was banned from maps with any water in them what so ever.
monitors on the tiny ponds on Great Plains

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 01-21-12 06:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 32  
I'm not sure where my disk is :/ a big saloon free for all does sound fun though, although I have none of the expansions.

house won this
posted 01-22-12 00:49 AM EDT (US)     8 / 32  
You don't need the disk anymore, as long as you have the CD-key itself, you can download it from Games for Windows Live

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 01-22-12 03:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 32  
You don't need the disk anymore, as long as you have the CD-key itself, you can download it from Games for Windows Live
really? that's useful to know...that coulda saved me hours of trouble a while back...
posted 01-26-12 03:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 32  
bout to start up a big free for all if anyone cares

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 01-28-12 02:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 32  
Oh sweet. I'm missing like Disk 2 so there you go.

Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs?
Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?
Not one now, to mock your own grinning?
posted 02-01-12 07:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 32  
i still haven't played this game and likely never will (unless i see it for $5 somewhere AND feel really whimsical), but i did just download AoEO a day or two ago and have played that a little.

i actually am not a big fan of it right now and i haven't paid for anything in it but if anyone wants to play with me i'm down (if that's even possible with only the free version). hopefully the game starts being more fun after i get used to it or level up more or something (i don't really like this leveling up and gear thing very much tbh).

EDIT: mostly playing aoeo just reminds me of how awesome aom was.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Meteora (edited 02-01-2012 @ 07:20 PM).]

posted 02-02-12 06:21 AM EDT (US)     13 / 32  
Yeah the slow start with the limited tech tree isn't great, things start improving once you start unlocking a few chunks of the tech tree and have a bit more choice rather than "mass spearmen -> attack".

You can PvP, although the unranked PvP available to free players is very tech tree, gear and level dependant.

Best bet would be to find someone with a paid civ and get them to set up a 'Champion Mode' Arena 1v1 or 2v2 match with you which unlocks the full tech tree and negates gear and level.

[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 02-18-12 09:04 AM EDT (US)     14 / 32  
monitors on the tiny ponds on Great Plains
This. Absolutely this. They had immense range.

"What the hell keeps bombarding me?!"

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 02-24-12 02:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 32  
okay i'm actually having fun with aoeo now.

i started with free egyptian and got up to like level 20 and was getting bored, so i switched to greek and for some reason found them a lot more fun, getting up to level thirty-six and the last of the cyprus 12 kingdoms quests (i assume there are repeatable ones after). i wasn't really sold on the game, especially because of the prices ($20 for a civ was just awful; i don't know why people were paying that much for it), but then they cut their prices in half, so i picked up the persian/egypt/crete bundle for $15 which is way more reasonable, so i've been playing with the premium egypt civ and having a blast.

there are actually a lot of things about the game that disappoint me, but i don't feel like writing about that now so whatever. it's still fun in its own right.

i haven't played any pvp and only played one coop so far, so there should be a lot more fun to be had there.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Meteora (edited 02-24-2012 @ 02:54 AM).]

posted 02-27-12 04:15 AM EDT (US)     16 / 32  
Oh is that out of beta? Probably for a while now I'm guessing. I wonder how well it plays on linux.

EDIT:
Probably not but I'm downloading it to try anyway.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Centy13 (edited 02-27-2012 @ 04:19 AM).]

posted 02-28-12 07:20 AM EDT (US)     17 / 32  
I have seen Linux mentioned a while back for AoEO, not sure if anyone got it working though.
there are actually a lot of things about the game that disappoint me, but i don't feel like writing about that now so whatever. it's still fun in its own right.
Repetitive quests are the main one from my point of view, looks like the Celts are going to come with a bit more variety there though from the trailer, and I'm glad they finally slashed the prices, been saying the prices should have been halved since they were announced during the beta.

posted 10-15-12 02:23 AM EDT (US)     18 / 32  
Wait...people are playing AoEO?

I am still waiting for AoM2

Damn It, I loved AoM

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 10-15-12 04:39 AM EDT (US)     19 / 32  
That's quite the bump

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 10-15-12 03:08 PM EDT (US)     20 / 32  
AoE2 was easily the best though. So many great memories from playing that game.

However, AoM is the same in the amount of memories

This is my signature. Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell.

Lol, that was funny. Lost Knight is my favorite bro in AoEIIIH - Eurotool
posted 12-05-12 11:07 AM EDT (US)     21 / 32  
I finally bought my roomie the whole AOE3 suite on Steam so he could play with us, and then find out the PC version is incompatible with the Steam dl version.

FFFFFFF

anyway, he's spending way too much time in the scenario editor lining up 200 strelets vs. 5 bombards and hitting play.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 12-05-12 06:08 PM EDT (US)     22 / 32  
Ah, the golden olden days of harmless fun

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 12-06-12 03:55 AM EDT (US)     23 / 32  
lining up 200 strelets vs. 5 bombards and hitting play.
I spent far longer than I'd care to admit doing things like that back in the day.

posted 12-09-12 04:12 PM EDT (US)     24 / 32  
I remember going into the editor, making the highest and sharpest point of land, putting a villager on top and then having a Grand Bombard shoot it off, just to see how far the physics engine will throw it.

Very disappointing.

This is my signature. Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell.

Lol, that was funny. Lost Knight is my favorite bro in AoEIIIH - Eurotool
posted 12-09-12 10:43 PM EDT (US)     25 / 32  
@As_Saffah

I bought my friend the Complete Collection on Steam and it works fine. He has to manually set it to run Asian Dynasties though.

Noob: HAHAHAA! FEEL THE WRATH OF MY MUD-MAN ARMY!
Good Player: Time to launch the Ice Block.
(Mud-Man Army is completely destroyed by giant Ice Block)
Noob:.......
(Noob quits game)
Good Player:
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » So I posted here the very first day it opened...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames