Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Russians anyone?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 07-29-06 10:25 PM EDT (US)   
holy crap.
i cant believe this.

anyways this is my first post in being away from the game and online for a week and a half...(vacation)

and so dont flame me for being a 1.08 noob.

so uh yeaha....faster training strelets, TC HP down...BLOCKHOUSES NOW GIVE 5 POP

geez....and you thought brits are OP now?

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
Replies:
posted 07-30-06 11:29 AM EDT (US)     26 / 92  
OK, OK.

fine.

blockhouses arent op.
lets talk about the other russia boosts :S

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
posted 07-30-06 11:36 AM EDT (US)     27 / 92  

Quote:

Relative to other civs, russia got a bad deal.

The patch is to make the civs balanced, not to make the changes to them equal. In the grand scheme of things, this change should make the Russians comparable to all the other civs with all their changes. It may not seem that way now, but none of us have played the patch, so we'll have to wait and see.

ESO: Steel_Reign

*Doles out the harshness*

posted 07-30-06 12:02 PM EDT (US)     28 / 92  
I for one think that that +5 pop is a HUGE boost.

In my basic strelet rush (in 2v2 I almost never lose with one of my allys)

I build 14-17 vills, but once I build the block house my pop is at 14\20

I can't build a strelet group without building a house

BUT if I build a BH I get 14\25 which lets me build a strelet group AND a shipment.

It seems small but it boosted the rush alot.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 07-30-06 03:31 PM EDT (US)     29 / 92  
Wow ... +5 pop, the only reason it was given to the Russians is because it wouldn't be fair to lower the cost of the blockhouse to 200wood, but ES thought it would be unfair to not boost the Russians slightly when everyone else was, so they granted them +5 pop per blockhouse, which makes sense since they cost 200 wood for a barracks and then 5 population (half the population of a house, for half the price of a house). Wow, maybe this will grant you the ability to create an extra batch of villagers a few seconds earlier if and when you ever get housed.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 07-30-06 04:04 PM EDT (US)     30 / 92  
thanks for the enthusiasm.

regardless of what everybody else thinks, it is a boost.

i dont care if barracks got boosted, blockhouses have absolutely nothing to do with barracks.

whoopdedoo barracks got boosted.

blockhouses also got boosted, and IMO got a better boost than barracks.

ooooo no steve the facts say 5 pop=50 wood and BH now cost 50 wood more than rax

um...think of the convinience.

BH= a barracks, an outpost, and shipment drop point and half of a house all in one.

Barracks= a barracks

only a 50 wood differnece between the two, i would take BH anyday.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
posted 07-30-06 04:10 PM EDT (US)     31 / 92  
^ You go Steve.

Seriously... the goal of this patch is overall balance. Some civs nee a little boost here and there, some need a large boost. Really sorry if your favorite civ didn't get a wicked awesome boost, but perhaps they still do pretty good in the new patch, hmmm?

If you have a bunch of civs that aren't equal and then you give them all an equal boost, guess what you have. A bunch of civs that still aren't equal. They've been working on this patch for a while. I'm sure it will be pretty good despite the fact that blockhouses don't provide 15 pop and cost 75 wood.

posted 07-30-06 05:08 PM EDT (US)     32 / 92  

Quote:

regardless of what everybody else thinks, it is a boost.

Ahh, now your rating makes sense. Unfortunetly, it seems that if anything, Russia was more nerfed than boosted IMO.

posted 07-30-06 05:28 PM EDT (US)     33 / 92  

Quoted from Brtnboarder495:

Ahh, now your {KingSteve3721's} rating makes sense. Unfortunetly, it seems that if anything, Russia was more nerfed than boosted IMO.

You know, somebody with a 1v1 rating of 1926 really shouldn't be talking about other people's ratings ...
Reaching 2k that one time seems to have gone to your head.

And you're very wrong about Russia.

Steve is right. Extra pop for the same thing you had before is a boost relative to 1.07. It may be balanced out by the fact that other civs now save 50 wood too, but nontheless it is an increase in capability for Russia. It allows more flexibility early on than in 1.07.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."

[This message has been edited by Ender_Ward (edited 07-30-2006 @ 05:46 PM).]

posted 07-30-06 05:42 PM EDT (US)     34 / 92  

Quote:

Ahh, now your rating makes sense.

Not this crap again...

Your cuetech was lower than his last week. So maybe you shouldn't have flooded the forums with your opinions last week, hmmm? If you can't make an actual argument, shut up.

Don't try to call people noobs or say their opinions aren't valid because of their rating. Why?

Here's why.

3 of the first 5 topics are completely noobish and whiny.

Oh no! French gren rush beat me! Is it even possible?!?!
Oh no! Smurfs!
Oh no! I think I was drop tricked!

I really hope the mods have noticing this nonsense from you lately because frankly, it is getting very old.

As for my views on the original topic, it's obviously going to help Russians from where they are now. Before they had blockhouse for 250 wood. Now they will have a blockhouse and 5 pop from 250 wood. If it's not as big a boost as other civs got, too bad. If the patch makes all the civs relatively equal, which we won't be able to see until a few weeks after it's been out, then mission accomplished.

posted 07-30-06 05:56 PM EDT (US)     35 / 92  
^I'll just ignore that since your not a mod, stop pretending. And all of those were no complaints, just observations.

posted 07-30-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)     36 / 92  
Wasn't really pretending to be. I said that I hoped they were watching your behavior. Pretty significant difference.

And all of those were no complaints

I am fuming mad because I just lost to a French player that used that church grenaider FF. Anyway, I understand it's powerful and such, but is it even possible to have both grenaider shiments out with 4 hussars by 8:30? Doesn't seem realistic to me. He even claimed he cheated ...

That was 5 days ago...

posted 07-30-06 06:28 PM EDT (US)     37 / 92  
Blockhouses aside, I think we can all agree that already pathetic Cav Archers got reamed by the skirm boost. It's hard to imagine even making a CA now.

Cossacks are also less of a deal compared to Hussars due to the Hussar boost.

posted 07-30-06 07:03 PM EDT (US)     38 / 92  
I was surprised that it was just hussars that were boosted and not an overall melee cav boost.

posted 07-30-06 07:10 PM EDT (US)     39 / 92  
In a rush it now means that you can send 5 cossacks with no normal pop loss, so 5 cossacks could be the new first card in a strelet rush.

Or, it allows for a batch of muskets earlier, or instead of the 3rd batch of strelets being delayed, it comes out faster.

Its a significant boost.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 07-30-06 08:06 PM EDT (US)     40 / 92  

Quote:

significant difference.

Just like our skill.

posted 07-30-06 08:14 PM EDT (US)     41 / 92  
Wow Brtn, stop throwing around your "great" skill and cuetech.

Congrats, you are 1950, hell even I'm close to that.

Yes, you reached 2k a while ago because you play Germans. Just stop reminding everyone of your cuetech and making fun of others who are lower.

You were there not long ago. I remember 75% of your posts being about how OP Ottos are and Brits can't do anything about this (just a few weeks ago).

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 07-30-06 08:26 PM EDT (US)     42 / 92  

Quote:

Congrats, you are 1950, hell even I'm close to that.

Yes, you reached 2k a while ago because you play Germans. Just stop reminding everyone of your cuetech and making fun of others who are lower.

You were there not long ago. I remember 75% of your posts being about how OP Ottos are and Brits can't do anything about this (just a few weeks ago).

Quoted for truth. Anyways, anything that boosts Age 2 boosts Russia tremendously. Just wait.

posted 07-30-06 10:41 PM EDT (US)     43 / 92  

Quote:

Huh? I played Germans way back when I first started playing AoE3. My Spain got me to 2K, but thanks for trying.

And as a moderator aren't you supposed to moderate the forums, not instigate?

Quote:

It's not great, but it's better then most that often participate here.

Quote:

Wow I guess I have a stalker now. And BTW Brits do have it bad against the Otto rush, hell against any rush. Hence why Britain is getting a rather significant boost.

posted 07-30-06 11:04 PM EDT (US)     44 / 92  

Quoted from code of conduct:

You may not bait, insult, flame, or otherwise abuse a staff member

bye brtn.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
posted 07-30-06 11:13 PM EDT (US)     45 / 92  

Actually, it's not. Many of the regular posters are 2k+.

So please settle down. Your 1926 rating isn't even close to high enough to throw it around as backup for your argument. And honestly, if you need to use your rating as backup, it's a weak argument to begin with.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 07-30-06 11:29 PM EDT (US)     46 / 92  

Quoted from Real2002:

Don't try to call people noobs or say their opinions aren't valid because of their rating.

I'll just ignore that since your not a mod

Quoted from Stonewall J:

Quoted from Stonewall J:

Just stop reminding everyone of your cuetech and making fun of others who are lower.

And as a moderator aren't you supposed to moderate the forums, not instigate?

Me: WTF?

Quoted from KingSteve3721:

bye brtn.

Me: bye brtn

[This message has been edited by Real2002 (edited 07-30-2006 @ 11:31 PM).]

posted 07-30-06 11:31 PM EDT (US)     47 / 92  

^^for me.

so im an expert now, since my rating is 100 poitns over kings in 1v1. obviously, im a russian expert, since brtn is, and has 3 russian games, and i have about 200, im guessing we're both russian experts.

(now in seriousness)

i say the house thing was a boost,russians weakness is their pop cap, so it adds felxibility and shaves seconds off a rush. but the biggest boostis colonial warfare, wehre cossacks are affordable,and strelets are free to roam the meadows without dodoging cannonballs.

posted 07-31-06 00:41 AM EDT (US)     48 / 92  

Quote:

I think I played with them for a few games and beat PR 37-40 people just by merc spamming. Bumped me all the way up past 2K,

Ok, well it got you over that bump and to 2k. here.

Quote:

Walker/Just a Player hit 2.2k but haven't heard him boasting about. Heck, if I hadn't clocked the link in his sig I never would have known because he doesn't put down others ratings or say his greatness.

Quote:

Wow I guess I have a stalker now.

It's my job as a moderator to know the forumers, plus I have a good memory. I even contacted you via AIM about the issue.

Anywho, good points about Russia's slight boost actually being significant in that a shipment can be sent plus a batch of strelets being sent. I guess what we need to do is wait and see.

Edit- I'm sicking of writing MA threads

[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]

[This message has been edited by Stonewall J (edited 07-31-2006 @ 00:46 AM).]

posted 07-31-06 00:57 AM EDT (US)     49 / 92  
Ender - "And honestly, if you need to use your rating as backup, it's a weak argument to begin with."

You should defenetely not speak on that, you threw your cutech around more than Clemens throws strikes.

Look at the irony in your sig.lol

Anyway, i think the Russian Strelet rush is defenetly going to be more effective in 1.08 just becuz of the fact with the 5 pop. It isnt a HUGE diff but it gives you more strelets, faster, which is the point of a strelet rush/kill.

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu
posted 07-31-06 01:37 AM EDT (US)     50 / 92  
Ub3r, you ain't worth it. I'm not going to bite again, so you might as well give up. Or, keep it up and you know what'll happen ...

EDIT:
Actually, keep it up.

P.S.
Learn to quote. It's not hard, even for you.

[This message has been edited by Ender_Ward (edited 07-31-2006 @ 01:38 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Russians anyone?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames