You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Finally some news from Cuetech!!
posted 09-12-06 03:15 PM EDT (US)   
On aoe3.de I recently posted some really interesting details about the new cuetech system

Quote:

It is firstly the new team-rating which will be added to the current ladder. It will contain all games apart from 1on1s but will also respect the individual strength of each player.

Moreover, the overall-cuetech will depend much more on both ratings.
Therefore, players like iamgrunt, playing quite no team games, will stay at the top of the 1on1-ladder but fall back in the overall-ladder.

Furthermore, the problem of inactive players. Even if there will still be no decay, inactive players will now not appear on the ladder, due to an inactivity of 15 days or more.

u can find the entire article including the expected top10 here

so what do u think about that, guys?

[This message has been edited by toblu (edited 09-12-2006 @ 04:55 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-12-06 03:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
euh, cya grunt? Not even in top 10 overall.

i like it that they dont show you when you dont play for 15 days. Imo that is one of the better things till now in PR, decay. But this will solve it too

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 09-12-06 03:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25  

Quote:

inactive players will now not appear on the ladder, due to an inactivity of 15 days or more.

I like the sound of that. It will give you a more accurate depiction of where you stand in relation to the active players.

No StarSky in top 10?

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
posted 09-12-06 04:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
LOL, so according to their logic, people who never play team games, because they don't like them, are penalised for it? Heh, a few months ago that would have made me pretty damn mad.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 09-12-06 04:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
^ If you don't like team games then just look at the 1v1 ratings. I don't see it as being penalised. If you don't play team games then I don't see why you should do well on a ladder that's supposed to reflect your overall performance in 1v1 and team games.

posted 09-12-06 04:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
They should just get rid of "overall" and have both team and 1v1 separate from each other.

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
posted 09-12-06 04:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
they should keep the overall, it is good

posted 09-12-06 05:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
Overall is completely arbitrary based on whatever formula they choose to use. I could just as easily echo Ender_Ward's reponse:
LOL, so according to their logic, people who never play 1v1 games, because they don't like them, are penalised for it? Heh, a few months ago that would have made me pretty damn mad.

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
posted 09-12-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25  

Quoted from MNBob:

They should just get rid of "overall" and have both team and 1v1 separate from each other.

Agreed.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 09-12-06 05:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25  

Quote:

There will be both, the Teamladders and the Overall ratings. Overall is just a kind of "meta-ladder" now, its simply avg(1on1rating,teamrating).

I want to state that we dont want to penaltise 1on1 players in any way. In my opinion the 1on1 ladder is by far the most important/accurate indication of skill. But overall ladder is supposed to show combinded 1on1 and teamgame-skills, and this is what it will do now

The Clan-Ratings will be based on the Overall-Ratings of the clan members.

For the people searching for StarSky: He actually has the higest Overall-Rating of all players, but he is inactive

posted 09-13-06 01:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
sounds pretty cool. i wonder how many high ranks only play 1v1s. ive always figured its alot and soon we shall see.

ESO: White_IrishKing
Woot got 2 medals! Gold XP British and Silver British Wins!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/trtaoe/index.htm

posted 09-13-06 03:41 AM EDT (US)     11 / 25  

Quote:

For the people searching for StarSky: He actually has the higest Overall-Rating of all players, but he is inactive

Figured as much. I think he's mad because his Germans got nerfed.

posted 09-13-06 03:54 AM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
Or maybe its coz i asked him how the tourney was goin just after he lost...oh silly me lololol

And is there any point removing overall...as long as they have 1v1 im happy.

If u played Stronghold u might enjoy this http://www.zshare.net/download/sh-mix-mix-rar.html
posted 09-13-06 04:38 AM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
imo overall should more be something like:

([1v1 rate]*#1v1 games+[team rate]*#team games)/ Total # games

[This message has been edited by schildpad (edited 09-13-2006 @ 04:39 AM).]

posted 09-13-06 04:50 AM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
Then overall ratign would be biased towards your "better" discipline. Overall rating is imo supposed to show how good you are as "allrounder", so it wouldnt make sense that way i think. I was actually considering to do it the other way around (something like overall=min(1on1,team), not as extreme as a simple min tho).

[This message has been edited by plexiq_ (edited 09-13-2006 @ 04:52 AM).]

posted 09-13-06 05:27 AM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
ah, i understand.

But then it is not overall, it is allround. imo it is related but different.

posted 09-13-06 08:00 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
Well NightScr3am takes dogs abuse on Age Sanctuary.

For only being a spain lamer.

Spain, possibly one of the worst civs for team games, and yet he is still 6th overall.

I like the new ladders.

posted 09-13-06 07:32 PM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
I was just taking a look at last 500 games
http://www.agecommunity.com/query/games.aspx?max=500

and was counting 1v1 vs 2v2+ supremacy games
when I got to 34 and 34 (1:1 ratio) I stopped counting.
The number of 1v1 vs team games looks to be about even trend even though this is probably not enough data.

posted 09-13-06 08:02 PM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
iamgrunt will still be best in 1 vs 1,which is good because its quite obvious that he is the best 1 vs 1 player by a good margin. In team......why would mr Cheese be #1? Have we seen anything that great from him?

ESO: empirejoao3
Clan:Proud
"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
posted 09-13-06 08:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
He's a really good Team Player from what I have seen.
posted 09-13-06 09:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
From the team games I've seen of him he's been excellent.

He's played in 3 games in season 3 of our league for hope clan. Played in a lot of excellent games in season 2 as well but those were 1.07/1.06 games. I can see him being very highly ranked on a team ladder.

ESO: Naevius

[This message has been edited by Roark (edited 09-13-2006 @ 09:27 PM).]

posted 09-20-06 03:51 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
instead of speculating, u now have the possibility to check out the new system

just read my news here

all in all not bad, but lots of ratings now...

[This message has been edited by toblu (edited 09-20-2006 @ 03:55 PM).]

posted 09-20-06 04:54 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
Im sure it will rock once they fix it. Looks pretty damn hardcore.

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
posted 09-20-06 05:01 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
So, a bit of clarification...team SP is purely your team games, allround is a combination of 1v1 and team, overall is same as before (how's that different from allround?) and 1v1 is just your 1v1 games.

So my question is, why is my 1v1 so high? it's a good 100+ points higher than the 1v1 I have now.

Also, why is my team so low? Is this because team games give so little ELO points, or what?

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
MSN: eiles3@comcast.net | ESO: Mattlight | Skype: Matt_to_da_light | Gamespy: TeHMaTFaCToR
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
posted 09-20-06 05:11 PM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
in the team rating, team games gives the same elo-points as 1on1 games in the 1on1 rating

however, team ratings seem to be a little bit lower than 1on1s, probably due to less "professionals" playing teamgames regularly

i also wonder, why 1on1 rating is higher for most players i heard talkin about, just dunno

difference between overall and allround?
allround is the average of team and 1on1 games, overall is much more 1on1-related

posted 09-21-06 03:05 AM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
Doesn't work for me

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Finally some news from Cuetech!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames