You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Download Asian Dynasties demo - now its nowhere to be found...
posted 10-07-07 08:59 PM EDT (US)   
I'm confused, I installed the demo, but the file is nowhere to be found. I downloaded it and installed it to Microsoft Games/Age of Empires III/ etc. but its definitely not there...

whats the deal?
Replies:
posted 10-07-07 09:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
You already posted this in Asian Dynasties Forum.

No need to double post, in the other thread i have answered the question.

...if i were a mod...

CLOSED

[This message has been edited by Eicho (edited 10-07-2007 @ 09:07 PM).]

posted 10-07-07 09:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
you answered but your answer didn't help at all. I have tried saving it as different names, under different folders, the original name "setup" and the original folders, and nothing worked.

I figured I would take the question over here also just in case some people browse these boards but not the other one. That's the reasoning behind posting it in both boards.

Thanks for acting like an idiot though, I appreciate that.
posted 10-07-07 09:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Then post it only on General Forum, not on both.

and i didn't acted like a idiot, i am a idiot

okay, now really.
You are new to this Forums, if you want to have a good realtionship with forum members and you want your threads to be answered in nice way, better start by being nicer.

And if you where only planning to come here and ask this, hope you go out of HG as soon as possible and never come back.

in both cases, nice welcome, and in the second one, bye bye.
posted 10-07-07 09:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
what on earth is your problem? I just came on here to ask a simple question about downloading the demo.

Anyone happen to know the answer to my question?
posted 10-07-07 09:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
haha PWNED!

but yeah, so you can download it, but you dont know the directory as to where you installed it? try looking through the options in your browser to see where it dl'ed. try the temporary internet files

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 10-07-07 10:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
Who PWND?

Basket, in your 4th post in this forums you said "thanks for acting like and idiot" to a older (meaning the time i have been in this forums) and apparently more intellgent than you forumer, who is me. That's my problem.

If you want to have a good relationship with forumers you can start by being nice to them, not be saying they act like idiots (even if they do).

So, please answer my question, will you stay in HG or you just registered to ask this?
I want to know that so i know if i have to make any effort trying to make you a bit better forumer, or jusr forget about you and your bad attitude.
posted 10-07-07 10:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Eicho you aren't a mod, stop acting like one. All it does is get yourself in trouble and make yourself look stupid when you declare perfectly reasonable threads closed. Don't post unless you're going to make a constructive post about the topic and actually try to help rather than alienating new people to the forum.
Take your own advice.

Now.. BasketballOSU, Are you saving the installer file to your desktop/download folder or just clicking run? You'll want the actual file downloaded always incase something like this happens.

Also don't install the demo into the Age of Empires III folder, it's a stand-alone game right now in it's demo. Put it in its own /Microsoft Games/The Asian Dynasties/ folder. I'd need to know more of what you're doing/trying to help otherwise I'm just blabbering about things you've maybe already tried.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 10-07-07 11:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
Kivlov,

I am saving the file to my desktop.

Pretty much I have tried downloading from several different sites, saving it as several different file names, under several different folders, and it never shows up.

The file downloads fully, the setup runs completely, and it says that setup has finished, etc.

Then the file is nowhere to be found. It is confusing the heck out of me...
posted 10-08-07 00:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
The install file or the folder you installed the game to?

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 10-08-07 00:52 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
*sigh*...Check your e-mail Eicho.

Though, I will close this because the TAD forums and here will be merged soon and you really only need on thread on the heaven for it. I would help myself, but unfortunately I have no idea, =/

Edit: If you have an answer go here: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=23,34549,0,10

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[This message has been edited by Stonewall J (edited 10-08-2007 @ 01:06 AM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Download Asian Dynasties demo - now its nowhere to be found...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames