You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Would anyone be willing to watch a rec of me?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-19-11 02:59 AM EDT (US)   
Basically, I've come to the point where the only way I can improve is to play more, better micro and better use of hotkeys. The problem is I'm not 100% sure of it, that's why I was wondering if there is anyone here that would be willing to watch a rec of me in a 3v3 treaty match (the mode I play most) and comment if there is anything glaringly obvious that I'm doing wrong (e.g. build order, bad counters etc.).

Background to why I think I have reached this stage:

Recently I played my first game in months. It was 2 corprals (me and some other guy- both Otto) and a MS (brit) vs a MS (Russia), private (brit) and corp (India). The MS on my team was useless, he was afk for half the game and never attacked. The other corp on my team just provided a distraction for the private so my 1v2 in the middle was easier, I nearly got through all of the Indian's walls. We lost because the corp on my team only had a couple of layers of walls and let in an Opri box, which managed to get in at my factories, which made me less agressive against the Indian, so he could help the MS punch through our useless MS at me- gg.

After the game everyone agreed there was nothing I really did wrong, and the Indian admitted he was a little scared when I got through most of his walls despite a 1v2 against him and the private.

This lack of anything in particular to improve on leads me to believe I have reached the point where I just need practice. But I would appreciate it if one of you watched a rec I will record sometime this or next week to check over everything.

PS: That Brit MS on my team even had the building rotator mod. He had enough time to rotate all his plantations 180 degrees even though they had lots of room around them, but he didn't seem to have time to move his redcoats out of his base.

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
Replies:
posted 11-19-11 03:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 49  
I'd watch it, but only if it isnt a slow playing rec, wanna go through it in about 40 minutes not like 2 hours. Im not even that good at TR so not a ton of in depth advice, but I dont think thats necesarry because my prediction is that it is mainly your macro slipping.

Also rotating a building takes 1 sec.
posted 11-19-11 03:36 AM EDT (US)     2 / 49  
tr 40 rec?

no ty lawl

tips: stop treaty and play sup like real men

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
posted 11-19-11 07:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 49  
+1 bart, treaty is nub

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
posted 11-19-11 12:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 49  
Getting too 2nd lieu in treaty takes no skill at all so u must be doing something wrong.

In your sig of your best otto boom i noticed it was very low so maybe u should work on that. But ill watch the rec if u put it up.

I would recommend trying sup dude. I think you will fond it takes up much less of your time and is a lot more satisfying.
posted 11-19-11 02:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 49  
anoter +1 for bart. TR extremely easy and its just a waiting game, who gets bored of the unlimited units fighting eachother first. No skill at all. Just spam dopples, ww, cuirs, skirm, artillery, etc. Even though I suck at SUP with misc. civilizations its 10x more fun than sitting watching the same thing over and over and over for 2 hours straight.

Bottom line: Play supremecy.

#Dutchswag
posted 11-19-11 09:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 49  
Thanks guys, I'll try to get a rec up sometime this upcoming week or the one after. As for sup, I do play it occaisionally, but mainly for a quick fun game as I'm not very good at it.

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
posted 11-20-11 07:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 49  
if you post it, i will watch. tbh i am more then a little xited to watch it, ive seen a lot of you posts on HG and would enjoy seeing how you play. plus, anything to help a tr brother

guys laugh at tr if you want, but _h20 decided he would get into tr and show everyone he could be pro, and he couldnt. he rage quit after about 3 weeks of playing tr, i think after the 4th time i beat him. he always had bs excuses why he lost and was arrogant to high heaven, couldnt take a loss for shit.

i ecpected his ego tho, he IS a top sup player, and you dont make it to top without some ego.

but honestly he was bad, i beat him easily in mismatched mu's (him spain me ger) he was slow, whiny, and lazy. i played on his team as well and he was a pain in the arse.

mk so enough flaming, point is, top lvl tr games isnt ez, and even the best of you couldnt hanle it without say, 3+ months of learning from the best.

ESO: StormComing/SoulSong
Activity: Retired (GG peace out)
http://www.youtube.com/user/StorminAOE3
posted 11-20-11 10:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 49  
I'm not saying treaty is easy. No game is ever easy when you play against someone atleast the same PR/ELO as you. I'm saying its BORING. What's the point of sitting at the computer for sometimes over two hours spamming countless units and combos at the opponent until one of you quits of boredom? Supremecy is a time saver, and a hell of a lot more fun.

Although, I'm not a very patient person. My head starts to hurt if I'm playing for over 80 minutes on the computer. If some of you like putting lots of time on a treaty game, don't let me take it away from you. If you enjoy it, by all means go for it.

#Dutchswag
posted 11-20-11 11:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 49  
I understand how you can hold tr gameplay with contempt. Just please und3rstand that the difference between Tier 4-5 TR play is much different then Tier 1-2 TR gameplay.

unfortunately, most ppl, 90% or so, judge tr from what they personaly have experienced, and 90% of ppl have only experienced entry level (tier4-5) tr gameplay.

Treaty gameplay in lower tiers is something slightly beneath pure chaos. TR play at top lvls is refined and friggin beautiful. I was a captain in TR before i ever experienced it. i cant freaking believe what i was missing.

There are soooo many aspects you need to grasp and execute flawlessly to get in top tier tr play. _H20 grasped like... 2 top tier concepts, thus he was horrid. the strategy involved... the grasping for strategic map points... the sacrificing of map points in a feint to secure better strategic points... the constant need to field perfectly composiitioned armies at all times.... the pressure you feel fighting the best of the best ina head on battle... one slip up, one bad combo and you lose the entire map. **** up your timing on your units and you drain out in 2 minutes. there is enourmous pressure on top tier players to be perfect in their gameplay... there IS NO boring to it....

yes treaty has the potential to become boring if noobs are palying and they dont understand how to play. or if youre palying nr55. xD

posted 11-21-11 03:54 AM EDT (US)     10 / 49  
There are soooo many aspects you need to grasp and execute flawlessly to get in top tier tr play. _H20 grasped like... 2 top tier concepts, thus he was horrid. the strategy involved... the grasping for strategic map points... the sacrificing of map points in a feint to secure better strategic points... the constant need to field perfectly composiitioned armies at all times.... the pressure you feel fighting the best of the best ina head on battle... one slip up, one bad combo and you lose the entire map. **** up your timing on your units and you drain out in 2 minutes. there is enourmous pressure on top tier players to be perfect in their gameplay... there IS NO boring to it....
tats nice if you do that for 10 minutes...after that it gets kinda boring because the same things keep happening over and over again(if you manage to keep yourself awake for the initial treaty period ofc).
just my opinion.

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"

[This message has been edited by pramit (edited 11-21-2011 @ 03:56 AM).]

posted 11-21-11 04:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 49  
imo its waiting 40 minutes before you play the gayest version of the game (walls, imba unit spams)

also cant see how it takes that much skill, mostly you need some experience in it. Making units and fighting a bit is definitely not hard. Same goes on in supremacy (while booming / securing map control etc)

I would say it has a rather low skill ceiling which attracts the noobier part of the community. Ofc there is always someone best at it.

I see it mostly as the dumb version of DM

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

posted 11-21-11 10:26 AM EDT (US)     12 / 49  
Storm I dont wanna say much but H2O got to top level in a matter of about 30 games, and I've even seen him beat you. Its not like he couldnt get pro, fact is that he didnt really care to get pro anyways, he didn't even try to wall. The reason he stopped is because I game like Treaty doesnt offer enough for a person with the particular talents of H2O.

Not to mention that it should get old for a lot of people pretty fast since your mostly spamming units...though thats just an opinion and I personally dont even dislike it that much (the only reason I actually do is because of runners, which are just plain boring to paly against, and because lagg often messes up my commands which makes it extremely frustrating).
posted 11-21-11 12:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 49  
h2O (Lets leave the personal attacks out - Maffia) his "particular skills" didnt include multitasking and adapting to the game. he made the same fruiting army every game.
he "beat" me once in a unrated spectator game where i deleted down to 60 vils. i would never let him beat me in rated.
he was NEVER top level, not even remotely close.

but he wasnt all bad he contributed to the way spain fights a bit. and he boomed pretty nice iirc

[This message has been edited by Maffia (edited 11-21-2011 @ 01:44 PM).]

posted 11-21-11 12:32 PM EDT (US)     14 / 49  
ur just frustrated he started treaty and won u while he was not playing serious at all.

I also think flaming him on a board where he cant defend himself isnt really a great show of manly-hood.

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

posted 11-21-11 12:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 49  
men you guys were flaming tr saying how it was easy.
I say h2o has tried tr and failed. just responding to your guys'z flaems.

yes i am harsh on h20, but thats casue there's no one else to be harsh on.. he's the only good sup player who has seriously tried tr and done decently.

sick and tired of ppl saying sup players can be pro at tr after like 10 games when they ducking cant. h2o is the example of this.

posted 11-21-11 12:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 49  
Dont wanna say much, but I dont think there are more than 5ish TR players who dont make 1 million mistakes per game. H2O was good, almost a top player, it says enough if you consider his amount of games played.
posted 11-21-11 01:01 PM EDT (US)     17 / 49  
only thing h20 could do was fight in one posi. his team mates carried him. granted he fought fuking pro but everything else was 2nd lieut doesnt mean shat. he needed another 100-150 games to be close to top tier.
and this guy is like alll time top 5 best sup players in teh world. if he needs 150 games to be even considered top tier im pretty sure everyone else is just gonna suck horrid at tr.
so no... sup players cant get pro at tr without considerable effort.

posted 11-21-11 01:07 PM EDT (US)     18 / 49  
How many games did he play ? About 30 games ? 30 games to be about top 30 or sth. Tbh you just want to not see other player's mistakes and focus excessively much on his mistakes. He was ok, I think he just didnt like to deal with runners so he didnt care about fighting in different positions, thats what pi even told me. And he has a point, fighting someone who is running is boring for 99% of the people on this world.

He got really far imo, and I dont think he was even close to serious. I gotta be honest, that guy is insane. His apm can hit numbers so much higher than yours that he'd stomp you really hard if he'd actually have equal strategy, and with really hard I mean like stealing a lolly from a 3 year old.
posted 11-21-11 01:26 PM EDT (US)     19 / 49  
sure he could stomp me if he tried. but he wont try will he? 7 milliion angry korean could stomp me too. but will they try? nope. so whats the point of you sup players invading every TR thread that gets created and telling us maybe's, could be's and what ifs?

Honestly this routine of you sup players coming into tr threads and flaming just to make your dicks seem bigger is gettting old. tr players could give a duck. Yo uguys will forever suck at tr and no amount of you guys saying "we arent trying" is gonna matter. we, dont, care.

posted 11-21-11 01:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 49  
ur the one starting the flame here and saying H2O "Sucked balls". Im just defending H2O because we all should give him as a gamer a lot more credit than you do.

The only thing that seems to be the case, as bart stated, is that you somehow feel offended by the fact that H2O is actually good and flame him out of nothing.
posted 11-21-11 01:43 PM EDT (US)     21 / 49  
Well derailed guys

Back OT now please.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 11-21-11 02:28 PM EDT (US)     22 / 49  
you're 100 % right jerom my bad. i'll let you and the other sup players get back to trolling anterior. bai

[This message has been edited by StormComing (edited 11-21-2011 @ 02:29 PM).]

posted 11-21-11 03:22 PM EDT (US)     23 / 49  
ye go back to agecomm where u and ur nub tr mates belong !

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

posted 11-21-11 09:29 PM EDT (US)     24 / 49  
Parfait and Mr Milo contributed more IMO.

But back on topic:

Will you watch a rec of me when I record one this/next week?

EDIT: Thanks Storm, but I think you may be dissapointed. I am good for a corpral, some have said I should be sarge, but that's it. I am nowhere near your level at all. Still, it will be good to have someone as good as you commenting on my rec.

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 11-21-2011 @ 09:31 PM).]

posted 11-22-11 00:26 AM EDT (US)     25 / 49  
Just played a game very well for ages, was winning in the end then BAM! OOS!

I hope recs work for OOS games, I'll have to check.

EDIT: Yep, it works. There's 1hr 7mins of gameplay in there (including the 40mins of boom). Then when it stops suddenly, thats when the game went OOS.

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 11-22-2011 @ 00:49 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Would anyone be willing to watch a rec of me?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames