Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 31 32 33 34  Next Page »
posted 07-10-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)   

Logo designed by Swift Sampson

Welcome to the Eye-Candy Thread!

This is the place where you can show-off your skills with the editor. All submissions will be stored in the main thread for everyone to see. You can find the old AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread here. You can also view the best 10 screenies submitted from everyone here.

This thread contains eye-candy from 28 users
In total, there are 94 Screenies posted
Top screenshot poster is The Pac Mule with 10 entries
People with a * are connected to the Eye-Candy Guild

annihilator2000
Between the Mountains
Between the Mountains (morning)
Out of the fog

*benjammn311 of Lucky-Zion Studios
Just Bite the Bullet
Life
And the Rocket's Red Glare
The Arrival of General Gage

*Botolf
Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Perfect Night for a Revolution
The Somme

*CaveTown of LiquidFire Studios
Stories of Marshes and Chiefs

chicken101010
Screenie 1

Darth Aroman
Untitled

*GeneralBlack of DGDN
The Flooded Village
Nature Around the Waterfall
The Hunter's Convention
The Campers
What Happened Here?
Forest Lake

Grand Penguin
Screenshot1
Screenshot 2

*hiccuper
Untitled
Forbidden Cliffs
Red Square

irish_legend8
ambush
a new settlement

*Jap88
Untitled

kr1sse
Day at the Spanish colony in Jamaica
Spanish trading outpost in the spring
Spanish trading outpost at night
Dusk - Spanish trading outpost

Linuchadnezzar
Freddie the Awesome Ripper
The Naval Dock of New Newcastle
Downtown New Newcastle
The Naval Dock of New Newcastle

oliver
Screenie 1

*Olauwers of Imperial Creations
Big Stone Statues
Feast in the Palace
Let Me Out!
A Lick of Paint

*omicron1
Crooked Hands
Death

paul ty
Another Day of Fishing
4rth of juily
Daddy, the Mime's Back
Screenie 1
Screenie 2

Selim of DGDN
As The Lines Are Drawn
A Walk in the Woods

*Shaw DA MAN of Lucky-Zion Studios
Toward the summit
Haunted Forest day
Haunted forest night

Steel Cat
Comic-Book Crown
Time Train
Trebuchets, Sappers, Oh My
Space Battle

*Swift Sampson of LiquidFire Studios
Visitors
A Dangerous Path

Sziggiof LiquidFire Studios
Broad_Side_Attack
Whites_of_Their_Eyes
Where_the_Buffalo_Roam
Home_Again
Stary_Sky
Pentagoet
PortRoyal

*The Pac Mule
Average Day on 5th Street
Rainy Day at The Train Station
Spanish Gunpowder
The Gang's on the Loose
Winter Carnage
Open The Gate!
Spaniard Heroes
WARNING! Being Govenor May Significantly Shorten Lifespan.
Yet Another Countryside Skirmish
Move Into The Light
ROME

*Twoqtimes2 of LiquidFire Studios
Honey, I'm Home
Well, It's About Time!!
Indian River Village
The Estate
Farewell
Finally, We've Found Jack Sparrow
Early Morning Battle
Hidden Village
Storm Rolls in on Shanti Town
What Was That?

*WingCatcher
Arrival on a Foggy Island

Von Dutch
The Peaceful Storm

*YousAHo of LiquidFire Studios
Censored
Uncensored

ZELOBSTER
The Brothers Meet
The Cavalry Awaits
The Scouting Party Calls It A Day
A Prospering Farm

*Zeuslord5000
American Defense Post
Dutch Headquarters
The Dock of the Dutch

Co-Leader and Founder of the Eye-Candy Guild
Head of Research and Development for the AOE3 Editor
Designer's Mod Co-Creator
Official Story Writer of Wherever

Come join the Guild!

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 07-01-2007 @ 11:44 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-06-10 09:35 PM EDT (US)     801 / 851  
Those small, precise instruments that are missing from Reyk's editor really do hinder screenshot making but I guess we will have to make do.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”

[This message has been edited by BurningSushi460 (edited 04-07-2010 @ 00:46 AM).]

posted 04-07-10 08:13 AM EDT (US)     802 / 851  
well, 7 x 12 = 84, so that's close enough to 90 degrees for most things I need. I wouldn't mind having to click a button 12 times to get the precision I need.

Maybe it's time for me to take a second look.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 04-07-10 11:47 AM EDT (US)     803 / 851  
@As-Saffah: check your mails

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 04-07-10 12:10 PM EDT (US)     804 / 851  
Ah sweet! I will try it out now and let you know.

edit: Your rotate tool is exactly what we need, but for rotating in the Z-axis.

To demonstrate:

Starting with two parallel sections of rock fence, I will open the Reyk Editor and rotate one of them so that it lies flat on its side, or stands up out of the ground.

Using the old Reyk rotator that forbids accurate placement, we rotate one section roughly upright. See how the control panel has a push button to rotate clockwise, counterclockwise, backwards, and forwards, but then has a STOP button. It starts the rotation and you must stop it precisely at the position you want, often impossible to time it correctly. you waste a lot of time trying to stop the rotational process at the precise time.

Using your new menu, we rotate the same rock fence but it only moves in the XY-plane. Precise rotation in the XY-plane is already possible using the middle mouse button or mouse scroll wheel using the default Editor "Position Object" menu.

What we need is a tool that will do what you have done for XY-rotation, but in the Z-direction from side to side, and in the Z-direction from front to back.

Hopefully tha is clear enough, if you need more clarification just ask in email.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 04-07-2010 @ 12:45 PM).]

posted 04-07-10 01:59 PM EDT (US)     805 / 851  
I think with hotkeys you ll be faster in stopping so that might be a good alternative way

the problem about this tool is it uses a command that indicated that key is pressed

either key is pressed or it is not... Since we cannot include stuff that work like the wait trigger there is no way to improve this tool

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 04-07-2010 @ 02:11 PM).]

posted 04-07-10 02:38 PM EDT (US)     806 / 851  
how do I set up a hotkey for the building rotator? It's not an option in the hotkey menu in OPTIONS

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 04-07-10 05:07 PM EDT (US)     807 / 851  
map ("/", "game", "uiRollUnitRight(1)")//stop
map ("/", "game", "uiRollUnitRight(0)")//launch
->root/startup/editory add it anywhere
for "/" you have to insert your favorite letter
You may change "game" to "editor"

btw I tried the trigger way you have ca 17,5 milliseconds per degree

<Effect name="Rotate Units ||z-Axis"> <Param name="Id" dispName="Unique Id" varType="string">1</Param> <Param name="Degrees" dispName="Degrees" varType="long">90.0</Param> <Param name="Note" dispName="Note" varType="string">Most times it messes up the first unit</Param> <Param name="Note2" dispName="Note" varType="string">It uses a timer effect so you shouldnt include other effects after this one</Param> <Command>uiRollUnitRight(0);</Command> <Command>trQuestVarSet("Angry_PHTC_WaitRule%Id%_ActivateTime",trTimeMS()+17.74*Ţgrees%);</Command> <Command> xsEnableRule("Angry_PHTC_WaitRule%Id%");</Command> <Command> xsDisableSelf();</Command> <Command>}</Command> <Command>}</Command> <Command>rule Angry_PHTC_WaitRule%Id%</Command> <Command> inactive</Command> <Command> highFrequency</Command> <Command>{</Command> <Command> if(trTimeMS() >= trQuestVarGet("Angry_PHTC_WaitRule%Id%_ActivateTime"))</Command> <Command> {</Command> <Command> xsDisableSelf();</Command> <Command>uiRollUnitRight(1);</Command> </Effect>

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 04-08-2010 @ 04:17 AM).]

posted 04-24-10 10:29 PM EDT (US)     808 / 851  
Long story short it is impossible to keep this thread alive. You are all wonderful folks at AOE3H but srsly, I haven't done eye candy in a month, I think it is about time I don't do it anymore. Regardless, these are my last submissions.

Just Another Skirmish

Taking It Outside

Beaching

Also, as a parting gift, I shall present to you ImperialLobster's face DrNick's face, Lindsay Lohan's face, A British woman's face a beautiful visage of which someone could crop and make their avatar for this forum.

Pure Beauty

I'll miss AOE3's heyday, but if you need me, I'll be busy TF2'ing and getting my butt spanked thoroughly in Starcraft.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

posted 04-24-10 11:15 PM EDT (US)     809 / 851  
noooooooooooooo

Stay, Sushi!

btw Fluffy is cute.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 04-25-10 10:08 AM EDT (US)     810 / 851  
Darn..We're losing another one.
posted 04-25-10 03:13 PM EDT (US)     811 / 851  
However, I might change my mind if one of you make a picture with explosions.

posted 04-25-10 09:59 PM EDT (US)     812 / 851  
Ssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssshhhhhhiiiii!!!!!11!!!!!one!!!!I like those pics!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!1!!!!

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
posted 04-26-10 07:44 AM EDT (US)     813 / 851  
Your spictures are 10000 times better than explosions :P
posted 05-04-10 09:22 PM EDT (US)     814 / 851  
Well now I feel a bit disappointed. None of you have made a picture with some sort of explosion. I even got a brand-spanking new computer with 1 TB of data and a new ATI card. Disappoint.

posted 05-05-10 09:24 AM EDT (US)     815 / 851  
Time to play a nice ship battle and test it out!

As for me, I've been looking for work. :/

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 05-05-10 08:06 PM EDT (US)     816 / 851  
Bah, paying the water bill can wait, there's beauty to be made!

Sadly, even when I have TAD at the supposed patch that the TAD Designer's mod was made for, it still doesn't work! >

posted 05-05-10 09:42 PM EDT (US)     817 / 851  
i can't make a water explosion unless I pay the water bill, you know that!

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 05-06-10 09:38 AM EDT (US)     818 / 851  
Bah, paying the water bill can wait, there's beauty to be made!

Sadly, even when I have TAD at the supposed patch that the TAD Designer's mod was made for, it still doesn't work!
which version are you using? It is working for me with TAD 1.02

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 05-06-2010 @ 09:39 AM).]

posted 05-06-10 08:59 PM EDT (US)     819 / 851  
Maybe it is because of Windows 7 on my comp but I set the path to the alternate Program Files part and it still doesn't set up.

posted 05-11-10 11:51 PM EDT (US)     820 / 851  
posted 05-12-10 08:54 AM EDT (US)     821 / 851  
That fog is pr sexy. New graphics card?

Only complaint I have is that them thar hills behind the castle should be heavily forested. Imperial decree and all that.

I'm back at it again with Isanti. Maybe I'll make the Great City of Cahokia today. Our dashing Sioux heroes (and heroines) visit the great earth mound city and discover a horrifying news: the Great King is off his rocker, trying to dam the Mississippi, and he must be stopped!

edit: I got a screenie but it's bad. Something went wrong and my camera start location got screwed up, so the cool background and skybox I made didn't appear. I'm feeling crappy today so try tomorrow I suppose.

Editedit:

The Sioux heroes enter the city of Cahokia and admire the monumental earth pyramids.

The Great Sun Chief stands outside the temple high above the streets and alleys of Cahokia, regarding the visitors with some suspicion.

Along the riverfront, the great temple mounds rise up out of the mist.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 05-12-2010 @ 09:34 PM).]

posted 05-15-10 03:42 PM EDT (US)     822 / 851  
The SPC Port steps look off. Other than that, I love the style of these Native Americans because it gives an ideal mix of Aztec and North American influence.

posted 05-15-10 05:56 PM EDT (US)     823 / 851  
Yeah the stairs look pretty ghetto. I tried rotating them a tiny bit so they would lie flat against the pyramid, but they won't stay that way. Maybe I will redo them as stone steps as in Cadiz. There will also be a small Aztec-style pyramid (hand made so units can climb to the top) using the stone steps. So I was trying to give the effigy mounds their own unique look.

Or alternatively, a less steep pyramid flank would allow the stairs to line up better/lie flat.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 05-15-2010 @ 05:58 PM).]

posted 05-25-10 09:21 PM EDT (US)     824 / 851  
The Evening Bayou

Thanks to the technique sziggi used in his screenshots, I can apply the fog effect as a backup skybox when the situation calls.

[This message has been edited by BurningSushi460 (edited 05-25-2010 @ 09:24 PM).]

posted 05-26-10 09:40 AM EDT (US)     825 / 851  
Looks real nice, I wish I'd known about it when I made all those shots of Save New Orleans.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 31 32 33 34  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames