Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The 4 Elements Mods
posted 01-10-07 03:52 PM EDT (US)   

The topics for the Danish Civ Mod and HC Skies mod will automaticely dissapear from the topics list, and this topic will replace both, which is clearer I think.

Some Info:

Danish Civ Mod Water
Description: Adds Denmark as new civ.
Bonusses:
- Unique Building: Naval University, a heavy naval improvement building
- Better Hussars
- Less but better HC
Downloadable versions: v0.1 downloadable, v0.2 submitted
Regular or X-pack: Regular

HC Skies Mod Air
Description: Adds at least 4 new skysets for every HC
Bonusses:
- Just visual
Downloadable versions: not yet
Regular or X-pack: Regular

Rum and Cannons Mod Fire
Description: Adds some techs which will let you change in a pirate civ or give you some pirate unites and techs
Bonusses:
- Ability to build Privateers, Pirate-Galleons and other pirate units.
- Ships get Faster
Downloadable versions: not started on it yet
Regular or X-pack: X-pack

The Missing Mod Earth
Description: Have any ideas which you can associate with earth or stone?
Bonusses:
- No mod = No bonusses
Downloadable versions: Off course not
Regular or X-pack: Depends on the idea

For the ones who are thinking that they never heard of 'Rum and Cannons', It only exists in my imagination (yet)

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)

[This message has been edited by peugeot407 (edited 01-14-2007 @ 06:37 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-10-07 04:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
Haha, cool design. I liked. I'll edit Mod Database.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 01-10-07 06:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
earth: New maps, new terrain textures/types, or an entirely new random map generator engine, with new constraint sets and criteria.

(Some of us hate the way Unknown maps will "randomly" put all the wood or coin at the center of the map, or on one side.)

posted 01-10-07 06:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
LoL, nice idea - I like the suggestion below my post too.

Why dont you also create a new game flair as basic ('earth')? More Western Atmosphere would be cool, playing Pirates, Cowboys, Buccaneers as Major Civs. The same kind of basics would be boring. Make an evil earth, which totally changed. The big states and cultures became victims of the organized crime and just continue existing as minor civs.I know it sounds kinda 'fountain of youth' - but I'm sure people would like it.

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
posted 01-11-07 04:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
In the main screen of AoE3H, at the screenshots window, I saw a screenshot of a Danish HC. Does that really excist or is it just shopped? It looks cool.

@Lord Tahattus: You edited mod database? Invisible changes or does it depend on my eyes?

@As_Saffah: Good idea, but I´m a person who doesn´t understand anything out of .xs-code, not even with tutorials... And I agree that the current RMS-Generator isn´t the best possible. But programming isn´t my greatest talent either.

@Tilanus Commodor: Too much fantasy I think. I can´t make good mods without having fun on it, and such a mod will be funless for me.

peugeot407

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

posted 01-11-07 11:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Earth:

A more landlocked(or partially landlocked) civ would make well for an Earth type civ. The Eithiopians are a good example, or one of the many Arabic Nations in the Saharan/Southern Saharan desert during this time period.

posted 01-12-07 11:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Arabians are an idea. Is there any info findable about them? If there is, that would be a cool mod. Maybe it should be a bit easier to play with than the other Arabic civ, the Ottomans, which are at the last place of the ´easiest to play with`-list. A bit more normal. That would be cool.

peugeot407

posted 01-12-07 01:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Info on the Arabians should be easy. Just go to a Library or Bookstore and just look around. If you can get into a large University Library, that would be even better, because there is a better chance of there being info on the Arabians. Or the Internet would do.

Bobbbo Ob

[This message has been edited by bobbbo ob (edited 01-13-2007 @ 01:11 AM).]

posted 01-12-07 04:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  

Quote:

@Lord Tahattus: You edited mod database? Invisible changes or does it depend on my eyes?

I edited the links for your work. I have no reason to put "4 elements mods" there because it's not a mod, but a group of them.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 01-13-07 03:50 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
Ok. So it was invisible...

peugeot407

posted 01-20-07 04:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
posted 03-16-07 04:47 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
I know I've been away for a few months, but meanwhile I worked on the Danish Civ Mod, and a v1.0 is, except for the last check, ready to be subscribed.

The HC Skies Mod is, like Lord Tahattus likes to say it, "lost in space and time"

I really want to buy or download TWC now, so I think I might have it very soon, which will result in the TWC-version of the Danish Civ Mod, and will also be the start of "Rum and Cannons"

So "Water" and "Fire" will be continued, and I'll think of the others after completion of those two.

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » The 4 Elements Mods
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames