Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The ultimate strat guide
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
posted 04-25-09 11:40 PM EDT (US)   
The Best Guide EVER!!!
--- A CrazyLunatic production… ©2009
First off, before you start reading this OP strat, i recommend that you listen to this
for some superb background music that will truly relax you while you read this super OP strat.
Secondly, I would like to summarize my strat to you over here. However, it would perhaps be much much more informative and useful to look at my xfire video that comprises nearly all the techniques summarized below. (Preferably read first and then check out this)
Technique #1- The Villager Trap
If there is a large (or small) amount of villagers roaming around, this technique will help you corner them and destroy them before the enemy can supply reinforcements. Therefore you will be able to kill more villagers and thus have a much stronger eco than the enemy. First off, the best civ for this is germany since germany can send tilly’s discipline in addition to advanced arsenal which will greatly enhance the speed of infantry such as pikemen or dopplers.
Step 1- Since it is later game you should be able to get a mass of pikes (please veteranize them, it makes them look super cool) or upgraded dopples (look even cooler) NOTE: You MUST get military drummers from AA and if Germany get tilly’s discipline as well.

Step 2- Scout a bit, with explorer or other scouting units (tip: uhlans work well as scouts). IT is mandatory to find some villagers, the more the better. Alternatively if you’re awesome like me you could just research spies and find all they have

Step 3- Put the melee infantry in melee mode. This will make them run the fastest and will easily be able to get villagers. Rush the melee infantry up to the villager(s) and surround them. DO NOT ATTACK THE VILLAGERS WITH MELEE INFANTRY this will result in your computer blowing up if you did so intentionally.
[JPEG, (151.25 KB)]
Step 4- Put the melee infantry into cover mode position (or defense) this will create a circle around the enemy villagers, try to move the circle around so that the villagers are stuck right in the middle. Immediately after doing so press the stand ground button. This will cause the infantry to stop and create a super barrier around the villagers, the poor vulnerable villagers are in big trouble now.
[JPEG, (711.89 KB)]
Step 5- The EXECUTION. To execute the villagers you must use finesse, you shouldn’t just run in some cav/infantry to kill them. I prefer using culvereins, this is very humane as it will shoot the villager from a long range therefore the villager won’t even be scared since they won’t be able to see the culv from that far away. I also use outposts as well, therefore the villagers don’t see the face of the person killing them since the executioner is hiding in a big wood (stone if you upgrade as recommended) tower.
[JPEG, (386.08 KB)]
[JPEG, (242.16 KB)]
WARNING: Do NOT send the card that increases doppler hp and attack but lowers speed. This card will completely ruin this strat since the dopples will then not be able to catch up to the vills as nicely.

Additionally I would like to point out that contrary to popular beliefs StrategicJoeL was right after all!!! Veteran pikes definitely are really OP (especially at 6+ speed with tilly’s discipline + military drummers).
If you don’t believe me look at this yourself:
Early on in the battle
[JPEG, (381.01 KB)]
At the end of the battle
[JPEG, (376.01 KB)]
As you can see the pikes were victorious and despite their heavy casualties, they managed to destroy the many imperial gendarmes.

Special thanks to 1x1 , without him these screen shots would not have been possible
Special thanks to StrategicJoeL, he inspired me to create this.
Special thanks to the person who made a topic saying that hg is lacking in new ideas which inspired me to create something original
Special thanks to LordKivlov for not closing this topic

BTW, this strat requires EXTENSIVE micro. I had to use a control group for pikes, another for dopples and another for culvs. Additionally you need to be clicking really fast to keep pace with villagers (you'll witness this in video)
Have fun pwning people with this super OP strat

K, done reading? Well now I HIGHLY recommend going back and reading through the strat again so that you will remember it better.
here is the link for the strat again so you can have it open two times for twice the fun!!!

QUACK

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 05-09-2009 @ 11:00 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-17-09 10:42 PM EDT (US)     126 / 143  
posted 09-17-09 11:06 PM EDT (US)     127 / 143  
didnt make one due to no one able to play against.dont know or even tried.(not aloud to play video games if you didnt know that )I play at a friends house.I'll give you a weeks advance when i can play.eso name will probably be lord morgoth or morgoth93
posted 09-18-09 04:03 AM EDT (US)     128 / 143  
Why wont this die

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 09-18-09 04:35 AM EDT (US)     129 / 143  
shall never die! This is my first post in this thread. is it a parody?

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
posted 09-18-09 11:34 AM EDT (US)     130 / 143  
I thought Kiv was dead...

eso name: oliandsam
clan: some silly dutch one
"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."
Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography. - Paul Rodriguez
posted 09-18-09 03:21 PM EDT (US)     131 / 143  
shall never die! This is my first post in this thread. is it a parody?
obviously not, can't you see the screens/video? it's obviously in a real FFA game, not faked at all...
Why wont this die
because i made it
I thought Kiv was dead...
i thought so also :O

QUACK
posted 09-21-09 09:59 PM EDT (US)     132 / 143  
WOW!I just read the entire thread...this is an old thread.Heh,it appears only one mod hates this thread.

When did ignorance become a point of view?-Scott Adams
One day as I sat musing,alone and melancholy without a friend,there came a voice out of gloom saying'Cheer Up,things might be worse.'And sure enough,things got worse.
posted 09-21-09 10:17 PM EDT (US)     133 / 143  
This has to be THE best post I've ever seen on Age Heaven! LMFAOROTF!

I should've know that you children wouldn't be able to handle it...God know you have a hard enough time trying to think for yourselves.
posted 09-21-09 10:40 PM EDT (US)     134 / 143  
haha thats a new one kyle, LMFAOROTF

idk if it beats roflamo or rofl'mayo' but its good

1st Leiut. with Russia , Master Sergeant with everything else.
My skill level is incalculable!!! Its been forever since I played seriously...
Mike Sass: Culverins are like Garrichistos, only theyre cannons.
posted 09-22-09 00:46 AM EDT (US)     135 / 143  
Nothing beats ROFLCOPTER

Idk what it means but it sounds awesome

Check out my YouTube channel for AoEO videos!
ESO2: No_nickname | AoEO: NoNick331
"anything less than 40 hours is nub men, me i go for like 76 hours the best as i can get to imp in 14 mins then go on holiday for 2 days then come back and make some mil or w/e" - bloodoats
posted 11-21-09 07:38 PM EDT (US)     136 / 143  
i should make a sequel to this someday

QUACK
posted 11-21-09 08:49 PM EDT (US)     137 / 143  
posted 11-21-09 11:25 PM EDT (US)     138 / 143  
We need to continue bumping it eternally so future generations will benefit from its OPness
posted 11-21-09 11:50 PM EDT (US)     139 / 143  
^i completely agree

QUACK
posted 11-21-09 11:59 PM EDT (US)     140 / 143  
posted 11-24-09 02:03 PM EDT (US)     141 / 143  
Maybe you can have your pikes fight my OP Brit vils.

DISTISOP
ESO: Blitzkrieg_Mario
Prefered civs: Hell, I like them all.
Rank: TWC PR 18 (master sergeant) TAD PR 17, Vanilla PR 12

Clan: Triple Entente
Favorite games: Dofus, AoE 3, Tremulous, CoD 4, SSBB, Urban Terror
posted 11-24-09 06:21 PM EDT (US)     142 / 143  
posted 11-24-09 06:43 PM EDT (US)     143 / 143  
Closed because crazy necro'd it just so it'd come back.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The ultimate strat guide
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames