Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoKH Mafia Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 06-08-08 12:08 PM CT (US)   

The AoKH Mafia

The forumers of AoKH were quietly chatting to each other about scenario design, modding and saying random words one after another when Crystal Crown showed up, he said that the moderators had made smurfs and that he was going to ban everyone at AoKH unless the forumers of AoKH could get them banned. The fight for survival had begun

PLEASE CONFIRM

Rules
  • Night will last 24 hours, day will last 48 hours and can be extended.
  • Give your email when signing up
  • Send all emails to SCN_Trident@hotmail.co.uk
  • No Editing Posts - anyone who does will be mod killed
  • No quoting directly from the role email
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within the game thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • During the day, players can vote to ban a forumer (lynch). To cast your vote type Vote: "Name". Be sure to bold it.
  • If you change your vote, don't forget to type Unvote: "Name" before your new vote, or your new vote will not count.

• Current Participants
  • Eaglehaslanded - eaglehaslanded11[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk
  • RCM7525 - tortugo_de_fuego[at]yahoo[dot]com
  • Julius999 - julius749[at]yahoo[dot]com
  • LongBowHurtsBad - rpg-p[at]hotmail[dot]com
  • sharrkmaster - sharrkmaster[at]gmail[dot]com
  • matty12345 - matt[dot]livecchi[at]gmail[dot]com
  • The Wanderer - theexeter[at]gmail[dot]com
  • Ultima_Shadow_K9 - Anarothis[at]hotmail[dot]com
  • Cilibinarii - ska_96[at]live[dot]nl

NOTE: name = confirmed

Currently Alive
    Eaglehaslanded
    RCM7525
    Julius999
    LongBowHurtsBad
    sharrkmaster
    The Wanderer
    Ultima_Shadow_K9
    Cilibinarii

Dead
    matty12345 - Steve - Doctor - Banned
    Cilibinarii - Qazitory - Jester - Achieved victory condition
  • [This message has been edited by ViperIV (edited 06-17-2008 @ 01:58 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 06-08-08 12:10 PM CT (US)     1 / 90  
    Please confirm and send me an email stating your role.
    posted 06-08-08 12:16 PM CT (US)     2 / 90  
    Confirmed

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
    To never have a brief sojourn.
    Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
    Allieviate, my malady.
    Engulf me now, to you I bow.
    Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.
    posted 06-08-08 12:26 PM CT (US)     3 / 90  
    Confirmed
    Ditto

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 06-08-08 12:39 PM CT (US)     4 / 90  
    Confirmed?

~Living in Heaven Scince 2006~
    No longer a stupid Freshmen - Now a foolish Sophmore
    posted 06-08-08 01:04 PM CT (US)     5 / 90  
    Confirmed

.^/¯/        Eaglehaslanded
      \  /~   
      ///      You, sir, are a wench - Scud
     '' ''     You, Sir, are a wrench - Reach
    posted 06-08-08 01:16 PM CT (US)     6 / 90  
    send me an email stating your role.
    Send me the email plz.
    posted 06-08-08 04:46 PM CT (US)     7 / 90  
    Confirmed.

I used to drive home after getting drunk, but I had to stop after some moms got "MA-D-D."
    ================================
    I'm not gay, I just really love rainbows.
    ===== Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't. =====
    posted 06-09-08 02:28 AM CT (US)     8 / 90  
    Only a few more people and then we can start.
    posted 06-09-08 10:28 AM CT (US)     9 / 90  
    Confirmed

~Quotes from the Heart~

"Get off my lawn"-Clint eastwood
    "My name is Bill Clinton and im about to get laid" -Bill
    "Spartans! Its time...to stomp the yard!"-Leonidas
    "When you get hit by a Longbow, it will probably hurt, bad"-George Bush
    posted 06-09-08 11:46 AM CT (US)     10 / 90  
    Yay!

I used to drive home after getting drunk, but I had to stop after some moms got "MA-D-D."
    I'm not gay, I just really love rainbows.
    ===== Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't. =====
    posted 06-09-08 12:00 PM CT (US)     11 / 90  
    Confirmz0rz

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 06-09-08 01:03 PM CT (US)     12 / 90  
    The forumers were puzzled at the reasoning behind Crystal Crowns motives, but it was night now and the forumers went to bed with the puzzling events of the day looming over them

It is now night 0
    - you may not communicate in this thread, if you have any questions email me, send me your night actions

[This message has been edited by ViperIV (edited 06-09-2008 @ 01:05 PM).]

posted 06-10-08 10:46 AM CT (US)     13 / 90  
    Julius was walking along the dark streets of the Modding forum when he heard a strange noise behind him he looked around but no-one was there he turned around to find a individual wielding a ban stick, Julius, resided to his own fate but before the banstick was swung another figure stepped out of the shadows and shouted "STOP" the startled attacker fled, Julius asked "Who are you" but the figure had already dissapeared. the figure was soon seen running round to the Town Crier when he fealt a CRACK on the back of the head. He fell the the floor, banned, matty12345 the smurf of Steve and the town doctor was banned.

It is day 1
    There are 8 of you alive it is 5 to lynch
    posted 06-10-08 11:32 AM CT (US)     14 / 90  
    Okay, I'm very confused. But by the sound of it I'm alive because of Doc protection. Unfortunately it seems that as well as me being targetted, so was our Doc. That tells us that there are two killing groups, probably a mafia and a SK.

posted 06-10-08 11:33 AM CT (US)     15 / 90  
    Julius was walking along the dark streets of the Modding forum when he heard a strange noise behind him he looked around but no-one was there he turned around to find a individual wielding a ban stick, Julius, resided to his own fate but before the banstick was swung another figure stepped out of the shadows and shouted "STOP" the startled attacker fled, Julius asked "Who are you" but the figure had already dissapeared. the figure was soon seen running round to the Town Crier when he fealt a CRACK on the back of the head. He fell the the floor, banned, matty12345 the smurf of Steve and the town doctor was banned.
    Okay, I'm very confused. But by the sound of it I'm alive because of Doc protection. Unfortunately it seems that as well as me being targetted, so was our Doc. That tells us that there are two killing groups, probably a mafia and a SK.

posted 06-10-08 11:36 AM CT (US)     16 / 90  
    Ok, I've played an 8-man game before, and if that's anything to go by we have a 3-man mafia and an SK. Now normally we start mafia games off by voting for a random person and then hearing them role-claim. Is that what you guys do here?

posted 06-10-08 11:42 AM CT (US)     17 / 90  
    Now normally we start mafia games off by voting for a random person and then hearing them role-claim. Is that what you guys do here?
    This is the first game here in ages, so we have no strategy.

Might I suggest we don't bandwagon randomly however? We definitely don't need a power role outed on Day 1 when the Doc is dead. I prefer to wait a little while, and if no obvious suspects come up to start random voting then.

posted 06-10-08 12:03 PM CT (US)     18 / 90  
    What the hell, I am dead already?

Please explain to me how I save Julius and get killed at the same time. I am a noob at this sort of stuff.

So does this make me a hero, taking one so Julius can live?

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
    posted 06-10-08 12:29 PM CT (US)     19 / 90  
    I didn't mean randomly lynch someone, but we randomly vote for someone. Then that person claims their role, and we decide if they're lying or not. If we think that their RC(Role-claim) is solid, we move on to another person. If we think their RC is fishy(e.g., they claim as a notorious troll, but say they are a townie)then we might lynch them. Does that make sense?

posted 06-10-08 01:02 PM CT (US)     20 / 90  
    Wohoo, I'm top of the alive list!

Anyway, I think we should go with NJ's idea.

\  /~   
    posted 06-10-08 01:19 PM CT (US)     21 / 90  
    I didn't mean randomly lynch someone, but we randomly vote for someone. Then that person claims their role, and we decide if they're lying or not. If we think that their RC(Role-claim) is solid, we move on to another person. If we think their RC is fishy(e.g., they claim as a notorious troll, but say they are a townie)then we might lynch them. Does that make sense?
    I understand, but I still don't think it's the best move for us. Imagine if we pressure the Cop into claiming today, even if we believe them the scum will take them out during the night. There's no Doc left to protect a claimed Cop so it's a certainty. That would be an absolute disaster, and I wouldn't bet on our chances of winning in that case. It's too much of a risk for Day 1 in our situation, in my opinion.

We may well need to resort to random voting, but first we have a lot of inexperienced players here. The last thing we need is to scare our power roles into claiming, and getting killed in the night. I reckon it would be far better to wait a while before we start forcing anyone to tell us their roles. If there are no obvious scummy players, then we can start random voting, although I still don't like to press for claims quite as easily as you and Eagle suggest. Discussion is good for the town, and we shouldn't skip it to indulge in forcing claims.

posted 06-10-08 01:23 PM CT (US)     22 / 90  
    Yes, random voting does not always work well, especially when a vital role just died on night 0, but it's often the only choice. There aren't many clues in the story we can go by, so what do you guys think is the best option?

posted 06-10-08 01:27 PM CT (US)     23 / 90  
    Lets wait to see what some other people post.
    Most haven't posted at all yet.

\  /~   

[This message has been edited by Eaglehaslanded (edited 06-10-2008 @ 01:31 PM).]

posted 06-10-08 03:28 PM CT (US)     24 / 90  
    Umm SK stands for serial killer right? If so then I think my slow mind figured out what happened to me.

Am I allowed to give advice from the grave?

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
    posted 06-10-08 03:53 PM CT (US)     25 / 90  
    Umm SK stands for serial killer right?
    It does.
    Am I allowed to give advice from the grave?
    Very much not. You're not supposed to post at all, actually. Count yourself lucky that you got to participate and actually succeeded in getting a protection in. I've died before getting to do anything more than once, and it looks like someone tried to do the same to me this time.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AoKH Mafia Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames