You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoKH Death Match Ladder: Sign up, view rankings and report games here
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 07-08-03 10:43 AM CT (US)   
AOKH DEATHMATCH LEAGUE

Credit to AJR for hosting the image.

Originally Made by: Western Rebel
Last Mantained by: Bosefus zx
Currently Mantained by: Tonto_DaVe

• Reporting ladder game results.
  • Looking for the latest ladder game updates.
  • Checking the current ladder rankings.
  • Signing up for the AoKH Ladder.
  • Issuing challenges to ladder players.

The MSN Gaming Zone can be found by clicking the following link: MSN Gaming Zone

1. If you are not registered at AoK Heaven, then do so.

2. Post in this thread with your Zone Name and a request that you wish to sign up on the ladder. After that, you're set.

3. Read the the ladder rules so you understand how the ladder works.

4. You can start playing ladder games. Make sure you've done the first three rules, or you cannot participate.

1. Add ladder players names to your Zone Friends. This way you will see who is online at all times. You can always add and remove names as you like.

2. Host a game in AGINCOURT with a title AoKH DM Ladder. People looking for ladder games can find you that way. Be sure to confirm they are on the ladder before the game. This important to do in team games as well.

3. Issue a challenge to a particular ladder player or players here in the ladder thread. Let them know the times you will be online.

4. Participate in ladder tournaments. These will be posted in the forum as a separate thread. So watch for them.

When Reporting Games: You should only report one game per post. There is a chance I may miss the second game and you may not get credit for it.

Try to Report games in this form:
BigBill defeats Slow_Poke

Zone Names: Make sure to report your games using your published Forum name and your oppenents published forum and/or zone name.

Playing Ladder Players: Make sure the players you are playing are on the Ladder. It is very dissapointing to not get credit for a win when you find out the player you beat only told you he was on the ladder just to get a game when in fact he isn't. Best thing to do is ask for the players forum name so you can quickly check it out. If he will not give you his forum name...just boot him - he most probably is not on the ladder.

1. All DM 1v1 games between forumers count towards the ladder and thus will be assumed to be ladder games, unless someone states that they do not want the game to count as a ladder game before the game begins. Note that if you don't want it to count, you must say so before you see your starting position. NOTE: RM, FFA's, Castle Bloods or any other scenarios are not counted as ladder games.

2. Only team games in which all of the participants are forumers and members of the AOKH Ladder will count towards the ladder. However, all such team games will be assumed to be ladder games unless someone states that they do not wish it to count.

3. Only one game per every 2 days between the same two forumers will count as a ladder game - that is, the first game (in that 2 day period). Note that this will be determined by requiring that there be 2 days between the reporting of game results (easy to determine as all posts are dated). You are expected to report the results of the game, the day the game was played right after it was played, or risk having the game not count as a ladder game.

4. Team Games: Only one game per every 3 days between the exact same group of players will count as a ladder game. You can play a player in a 1v1 game and then play the same player in a team game within the same 3 day period. As long as there is at least one different player involved in a team game, that game will count as a ladder game.

5. Trust is assumed! However, it is good to have recorded games in case of a dispute. Anyone caught lying will quickly be removed from the ladder.

6. Disconections: Any Games that are disconnected should be restored and when the player that dropped comes back the game can continue. If the player that drops does not come back within 10 minutes it will be assumed they have lost unless they can produce a recording posted in this thread (link to posted game )the same day the game was played demonstrating they most definately would have won. Any disputes such as relating to players dropping will be resolved by myself or an appointed judge viewing a recording of the game in question.

6b. Disconnection’s in Team Games: When one player is disconnected from the game. The rest of the players must decide if they will save and exit to see if they can restore the game or continue the game without the player that disc. If they do Save and Exit the game, The player that disc has 10 mins to get back online for the game to resume. If that player does not come back then the game resumes with the remaining players. If they are unable to restore the game then the team that had the player that discs forfeits and the other team is awarded the win. Many players now can not get back into games to restore them, if this is the case the game will have to continue without the player that disconected.

7. If the player that disconnected did so in the 1st 10 mins of the game then the game will be considered voided. However if all agree from that point to go on with uneven teams and resume the game, the game will count.

8. All wins must be reported to this thread within a 24 hour period. If there are any disputes, they should also be posted within this same 24 hour period.

9. Any AOHK forumers can participate in this ladder. You need only post your request to join and provide your zone name on this thread.

10. This ladder will be updated every several days or as required. All changes including the addition or removal of names to the ladder will take place only during the update times.

11. Challenges to people on the ladder should be made on this thread. While challenges are a fun component, they are between forumers will not be formally recognised by myself.

12. To keep the ladder practical, I will remove Unranked Players if it appears that they have become inactive for an extended period of time.

13. Attempts to distort the spirit of this ladder (such as through being involved in multiple disputes about who won, smurfing, etc.), can result in being removed from the ladder or otherwise penalised.

The only way a Champion can be replaced is by defeating the current Champion regardless of who has the most ladder points. It is possible for the Champion to have less ladder points then other ladder players. You must have at least played two games in order to win the championship. If a Zero Gamer or someone who has played less then 2 ladder games beats the champion, the Champion does not lose his title, only points.

Earning Ladder Points as Champion
The Champion will continue to earn points for wins according to the category he is in, by the same point
Structure as everyone else. Example: If the Champion is in the Inter category he will get 6 points for beating players from the inter category, 3 points for beating players in the Mid Inter category, etc.

Defeating the Champion
If the Champion is defeated then the player who defeated him replaces him as Champion. The old Champion then returns to the ladder and is ranked according to his ladder points. The new Champion is awarded ladder points according to both players categories for his victory over the old Champion, and old Champion loses points for his lose. Team games do not count as Championship games. So if the Champion is involved in a team game, and is on the losing side the Champion does not lose his title.

Mandatory Rematch Clause for the Champion
If a Champion who has held the title for more then 24 hours, loses his title, he has the right to a rematch. The new Champion must give the old Champion a rematch game. This game can take place right after the originial game and will be considered a ladder game. This rematch game must be played before the new Champion plays any other ladder games that would be considered Championship games. The old Champion must ask for the rematch within 24 hours and/or can post the request for a rematch in the ladder thread with in 24 hours. If no request is made for a rematch with in 24 hours then the new Champion is free to play anyone he wants and have it considered a Championship game. If a game is played involving the new Champion with in this 24 hour period it will not be recognised as a Championship ladder game unless the rematch game has been played and won by the new Champion. If this request for a rematch is not met then the new champion would lose his title and a new Champion would be crowned according to the rule below (Challenging the Champion).

Challenging the Champion
Anybody in the top 15 (and with a rating of 101 or more) can issue a challenge to the current Champion for 1v1 ladder game. The challengers must post this chalange to the Champion in the Ladder thread and provide at least 3 different times EST that they will be available for a match. The Champion must accept and meet at least one such challenge per week. If multiple top 15 players make challenges, only one needs be met, but at least one challenge must be met each week when there are any or multiple chalanges made by different ladder players. If there are no challenges to the Champion,then the Champion is free to play any ladder player he wants, if he wants. The Champion picks the map if none can be agreed to.

No Response from Champion
If 7 days pass without the Champion having met a challenge (if challenges have been made), the Champion's rating drops to one point lower than the rating of whoever is in position 3 on the ladder. However, if the Champion posts in the ladder thread that he will be away, he must post when he will be away and when he will be returning (approx). No official chalanges can be made during this period. Chalanges can be made after the date in which the Champion said he would be back.

Then the highest ranking player on the ladder becomes Champion. If two players occupy that spot then a best out of three game series will decide who the new Champion will be. If more then two people are tied with the most points on the ladder then a round robin tournament will be played amongst those players to decide who the next Champion will be.

(A)Experts: 200+....................Value of opponents: A: 6, B: 3, C: 3, D: 1, E: 1, F: 1.
(B)High Inters: 165-199...........Value of opponents: A: 9, B: 6, C: 3, D:3, E: 1, F: 1.
(C)Inters: 111-164..................Value of opponents: A: 12, B: 9, C: 6, D: 3, E: 3, F: 1.
ZERO Gamers: 100..................Value of ALL opponents: Winner gets 2, loser loses 2.
(D)Low Inters: 90-110.............Value of opponents: A: 15, B: 12, C: 9, D: 6, E: 3, F: 3.
(E)Good Rookies: 80-89...........Value of opponents: A: 18, B: 15, C: 12, D: 9, E: 6, F: 3.
(F)Rookies: 79 & Under...........Value of opponents: A: 21, B: 18, C: 15, D: 12, E: 9, F: 6.

The winner of a game is awarded the points given in the 'Value of opponents' category that applies to their opponent's rank, while the loser loses that same amount of points.

Example 1: You currently have 108 points and are thus ranked as an Low Inter (category D). You play, and beat another forumer who has 166 points and is therefore ranked as High Inter (category B). You can see in the 'Value of opponents' for Inters that category B players are worth 12 points to you. Hence, you gain 12 points for defeating the High Inter player, while they in fact lose 12 points for the loss.

Example 2: Good Rookie (E) loses to a Rookie (F): The Good Rookie loses 9 points, while the Rookie gains 9 points.

Example 3: Inter (C) beats a Zero Gamer: The Inter gains 2 points while the Zero Gamer loses 2 point

RANKED PLAYERS

RETIRED CHAMPIONS
114: Tonto_DaVe / AoC_DaVe ................zn: _AoC_DaVe (8-1) (+3)

LADDER CHAMPION
113: Metallica_AJ................ zn: MetallicA_AJ, TOAO_Metallica_ (13-6) (+12)

HIGH INTERS
167: Antarctican................ zn: TOAO_Sub0, Antarctican (27-7) (+20)

INTERS

119: Allian_................... zn: aoa_TO_IVIaster (4-1) (+11)

LOW IINTERS

110: No_Surface............... zn: No_Surface, Myll_Rage (4-1) (-6)
104: Lost_Archer................ zn: TOAO_Devil (1-1) (+6)
104: Western_Rebel................ zn: Ez_Tarkan (2-2) (-9)
104: LordAOF................ zn: LordAOF_ (2-0) (+4)
102: FeaR_Typhoon................ zn: _FeaR_Typhoon (1-0) (+2)
102: TrixR4Kidz................ zn: TrixR4Kidz__, TOAO_I_PWN_YOU (1-0) (+2)
102: josephschlimmer................ zn: TOAO_wartz2 (1-2) (-6)
102: Vogue_Brit................ zn: Vogue_brit (1-0) (+2)
102: MaGe_Brit................ zn: MaGe_brit (1-0) (+2)
100: DM...................... zn: TOAO_Darkmaster (1-1) (-2)
99: GoldenTee....................... zn: TOAO_GoldenTee (1-1) (-3)
98: TOAO_Uazaal................ zn: TOAO_Sword (0-1) (-2)
98: mikkowus................ zn: TOAO_mikkowus7 (0-1) (-2)
98: Abbot................ zn: TOAO_Abbot2 (0-1) (-2)
98: Cyrus................ zn: TOAO_Cyrus5 (0-1) (-2)
98: Antz................ zn: TOAO_Antz_ (0-1) (-2)
98: TOAO_FunkyGus................ zn: TOAO_FunkyGus (0-1) (-2)
98: TOAO_Johnny25................ zn: TOAO_johnny25 (0-1) (-2)
98: StArK_ZeRo.................. zn: _FeaR_MaKkIn (0-1) (-2)
96: FeaR_uglyGIRLS................ zn: FeaR_uglyGIRLS (0-2) (-4)
96: Stevay................ zn: Myll_Swp (0-2) (-4)
95: Bosefus zx................... zn: TOAO_SHOCKA (1-2) (-9)
94: TOAO_Professor....................... zn: TOAO_Cheesus_ (0-1) (-6)
93: Ornlu....................... zn: TOAO_Ornlu__ (1-2) (-9)
92: Beddet...................... zn: TOAO_Boomer1 (0-3) (-8)
92: desertperson_7............... zn: desertperson_7 (0-2) (-8)
92: GuyB........................ zn: TOAO_GuyB2 (0-2) (-8)

GOOD ROOKIES

86: Ghost of Caesar.............. zn: TOAO_Ghost (0-3) (-14)
84: Macdaddy................... zn: TOAO_Mac_Daddy (4-12) (-12)
81: toolman89................... zn: TOAO_toolman (0-5) (-17)

ROOKIES

76: railroad.................... zn: TOAO_railroad (0-7) (-23)

UNRANKED PLAYERS

AJR, zn: Lamborghini871
hairic, zn: TOAO_Chino_

If you want to become a fiercer DM opponent, then go to the AOKHDL Training Camp started by Metallica_AJ. There, you can find out the times for training. The camp is located in the "Training Camp" forum.

Signed,
DaVe.

[This message has been edited by Tonto_DaVe (edited 09-15-2003 @ 07:44 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-08-03 10:50 AM CT (US)     1 / 56  
Netfirms disabled hotlinking a while back.

CRYSTALCROWN

Play OnlineBecause you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the FlushSo you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.
posted 07-08-03 12:05 PM CT (US)     2 / 56  
It works for me, though...

Signed,
DaVe.
posted 07-10-03 02:23 AM CT (US)     3 / 56  
Please sign these participants up if they are not already as part of the AoKH Battle of Clans and particpating in this DM game they are officially signed up

I am guessing many of them will not play another DM game but it maybe a start for someone.

LordAOF defeats _FeaR_uglyGIRLS
LordAOF defeats Myll swp
TOAO_King1 defeats FeaR_uglyGIRLS
TOAO Darkmaster defeats Myll swp
Vogue_brit defeats TOAO Darkmaster
MaGe_Brit defeats TOAO_King1

Thanks Dave!

posted 07-12-03 09:15 AM CT (US)     4 / 56  
MacDaddy, did you ever get my email?

I'm thinking not, so I'll say it here:

In the DM Ladder thread, you posted this:

Please sign these participants up if they are not already as part of the AoKH Battle of Clans and particpating in this DM game they are officially signed up

I am guessing many of them will not play another DM game but it maybe a start for someone.

LordAOF defeats _FeaR_uglyGIRLS
LordAOF defeats Myll swp
TOAO_King1 defeats FeaR_uglyGIRLS
TOAO Darkmaster defeats Myll swp
Vogue_brit defeats TOAO Darkmaster
MaGe_Brit defeats TOAO_King1

Thanks Dave!

Sorry if I may sound stupid, but I honestly didn't understand your first sentence. Could you please explain that, and if I am able to do it, I will!

Tonto_DaVe,
Citizen of the Tonto Clan

So, could you answer?

Thanks.

posted 07-12-03 02:56 PM CT (US)     5 / 56  
I don't think Macdaddy has been on the last couple days (gone doing something). But I will help as I have nothing to do.

Quote:

Is saying something like: Please sign these people up if they are not already.

---This part means to just add them to your list of people playing DM.

Next part: As part of the AoKH Battle of Clans and participating in this DM game, they are now officially signed up.'

---People were supposed to sign up for the ladder before they played (just RM), as every game in BoC was to count on the ladder. Now, there was a DM game played, which is to count as a ladder game (and there is a DM ladder), so they need to be added and have their points done.

Sign me up too. I'll play some DM eventually, and suxor at it.

ZN = TOAO_Chino_

I can be found in room 1 of Agincourt most of the time.

posted 07-15-03 01:59 AM CT (US)     6 / 56  
TOAO Macdaddy defeats TOAO Met AJ

Huns vs Huns

GG

posted 07-15-03 09:59 AM CT (US)     7 / 56  
TOAO MET AJ defeats TOAO Macdaddy

Random Civs (Mongols vs Aztecs)

GG

posted 07-19-03 04:53 AM CT (US)     8 / 56  
Mac, everytime you beat Metallica, he just keeps flying down the ladder rankings.
posted 07-19-03 05:04 AM CT (US)     9 / 56  
Oh and Mac, I talked to Steve not too long ago, and he was denying that he ever played a DM game versus Darkmaster... Where did you get the game information from?
posted 07-21-03 04:10 AM CT (US)     10 / 56  
points are points Dave. But I am starting to regret throwing him so far down in the ladder because he does occassionally steal a game from me. No more free games Mac "It's go Time"
posted 07-22-03 01:45 PM CT (US)     11 / 56  
Hi. I'd like to compete in DM ladder games, to learn from better players, and to find out if I can beat anybody out there (LOL)! My level is probably best described as that of "decent rookie." I'd rather not play advanced players yet--I think I'd be better off playing intermediates (advanced players would find playing me unchallenging, at the very least).

Zone name: awfulplayer99
Email: jrolandumuc@yahoo.com
Best game times: 8:30-10:00 weekdays
anytime weekends

JR

posted 07-24-03 08:22 PM CT (US)     12 / 56  
Grr...I'm four points away from being the first High Inter, not that I really am that good.

Former AOKH and TOAO Deathmatch Ladder Champion

posted 07-31-03 01:30 PM CT (US)     13 / 56  
He was suppose to play a DM game against Darkmaster but I did not see him give much of an attempt so I awarded and administrative decision to DM since he put forth a little more effort. At least that is what I gathered.

And yes I will keep playing Met AJ and all I need to do now is win one out of every 4 games against him to keep my point total where it is at

posted 08-01-03 00:36 AM CT (US)     14 / 56  
sadly, u beat me only once out of every 10 games or so, lol. Nice attitude however, lol.

Can't kill the family battery is found in me.
posted 08-01-03 12:35 PM CT (US)     15 / 56  
Mac, fair enough. I shall reward DM with the points, then, too.

Metallica, true, but things can change, just watch out, every time he beats you, you lose a chunk of your points to him.

Hmm, I now seem to feel a little foolish giving up my title, and retiring - I might just come back to DM sometime.

Now that we've got things settled out, I think it's time for an update!

posted 08-01-03 02:43 PM CT (US)     16 / 56  
Championship match.

TOAO_Sub0 defeats TOAO_wartz

posted 08-01-03 03:04 PM CT (US)     17 / 56  
TOAO_Sub0 defeats TOAO_wartz2 in rematch.

GG and thank you.

I would like to step down as the DM champ and become the warriors who are competing for this title. If you can do that as soon as possible, I would be grateful, Tonto_Dave.

I have a total of 166 points. I have 27 wins and 7 losses.

posted 08-01-03 08:14 PM CT (US)     18 / 56  
GAMES PLAYED

Normal Game
Game #1: LordAOF_ (zn: LordAOF)(100z) defeats _FeaR_uglyGIRLS (zn: _FeaR_uglyGIRLS)(100z)
Effect: +2

Normal Game
Game #2: LordAOF_ (zn: LordAOF)(102) defeats Stevay (zn: Myll_Swp)(100z)

Normal Game
Game #3: TOAO_King1 (zn: TOAO_King1)(100z) defeats FeaR_uglyGIRLS (zn: FeaR_uglyGIRLS)(98)

Normal Game
Game #4: DM (zn: TOAO_Darkmaster)(100z) defeats Stevay (zn: Myll_Swp)(98)

Normal Game
Game #4: Vogue_brit (zn: Vogue_brit)(100z) defeats DM (zn: TOAO_Darkmaster)(102)

Normal Game
Game #5: MaGe_Brit (zn: MaGe_Brit)(100z) defeats TOAO_King1 (zn: TOAO_King1)(102)

Normal Game
Game #6: MacDaddy (zn: TOAO_MacDaddy)(84) defeats Metallica_AJ (zn: TOAO_MET_AJ)(113)
Effect: +12

Normal Game
Game #7: Metallica_AJ (zn: TOAO_MET_AJ)(101) defeats MacDaddy (zn: TOAO_MacDaddy)(96)
Effect: +6

CHAMPIONSHIP Game
Game #8: Antarctican (zn: TOAO_Sub0)(161) defeats josephschlimmer (zn: TOAO_wartz2)(108)
Effect: +3

CHAMPIONSHIP Game
Game #9: Antarctican (zn: TOAO_Sub0)(164) defeats josephschlimmer (zn: TOAO_wartz2)(105)
Effect: +3

PLAYERS ADDED

Hairic (zn: TOAO_Chino)
LordAOF (zn: LordAOF)
_FeaR_uglyGIRLS (zn: _FeaR_uglyGIRLS)
Stevay (zn: Myll_Swp)
TOAO_King1 (zn: TOAO_King1)
DM (zn: TOAO_Darkmaster)
Vogue_brit (zn: Vogue_brit)
MaGe_Brit (zn: MaGe_Brit)
jxy99 (zn: awfulplayer99)

COMMENTS

Antarctican, very well. I shall do that, but who will be the one to replace you? As soon as you you give me an answer, I shall do the change.

Ladder rankings will be updated later, for now it's the Agincourt forum party for me!

[This message has been edited by Tonto_DaVe (edited 08-04-2003 @ 02:49 AM).]

posted 08-01-03 09:19 PM CT (US)     19 / 56  
id like to join the aok ladder tournement form andrewajs
posted 08-02-03 00:29 AM CT (US)     20 / 56  
TOAO_Met_AJ

posted 08-03-03 08:45 PM CT (US)     21 / 56  
I made a little mistake. I am at 167. It's +3 vs wart on the last game.

posted 08-04-03 00:12 AM CT (US)     22 / 56  
Thanks Antartican, the title would look good on me

Can't kill the family battery is found in me.
posted 08-04-03 02:51 AM CT (US)     23 / 56  
All right, updating the ladder rankings now. I'd laugh if Mac beat you, Metallica, then Mac would have been able to say he was once the DM Ladder Champion!
posted 08-04-03 05:26 PM CT (US)     24 / 56  
that would be funny now wouldn't it. Mac will have a much harder time beating me if it is for ladder championship.
posted 08-04-03 06:17 PM CT (US)     25 / 56  
Coming back from retirement, Dave?

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » AoKH Death Match Ladder: Sign up, view rankings and report games here
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames