Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Creating *.AVI Files For Campaigns
posted 01-20-04 00:17 AM CT (US)   
Now before you start flaming me, I want you to know. This is not another "how do you..." thread, but I software program I have discovered. It is called SWiSH, and you can get the trial version at http://www.swishzone.com/. It is an award-winning program which allows you to create high-quality flash animations with no programming skills necessary. Also, you can turn your animation into *.AVI format, and you know what that means!

I've been poking around with SWiSH a bit, and found it's ideal for creating short *.AVI sequences for AoK. SWiSH compresses them a fair bit, about 150k for every second of footage. There a lot of quality loss, however. I like it, and I'm going to include *.AVI sequences in my upcoming campaign.

Replies:
posted 01-20-04 00:20 AM CT (US)     1 / 12  
You have just begun a new era of scenario design, Lord Fadawah. Congrats.

| D A R C K R C D D |
posted 01-20-04 00:27 AM CT (US)     2 / 12  
Hmm. I've only seen one custom scenario with an AVI before, and it was so bad and irrelevant, well...

This could be interesting, if you could get the AVIs down to a low enough size.

Hmm... Swish has a 15 day trial limitation. Not very good for us designers...

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 01-20-04 00:31 AM CT (US)     3 / 12  
900 Seconds had an .avi file.

| D A R C K R C D D |
posted 01-20-04 06:59 AM CT (US)     4 / 12  
Fadawah,
If this works well then your name will be added to the credits at the end of my campaign. I was searching for suitable .avi files to include just 2 or 3 days ago. This is an exciting prospect. Thanks for sharing.

D_B

edit: WOW, you guys, check out some of the samples. You may only have 15 days to use it, but with forethought, you can plan everything you want to do, then create it in those 15 days.

Đąŗķ_ßļąđę - ĄőĶĦ Főŗųmmęŗ Şįŋčę 2003

an era of glory has passed - may the arcade live on

[This message has been edited by dark_blade (edited 01-20-2004 @ 07:08 AM).]

posted 01-20-04 02:51 PM CT (US)     5 / 12  
Avi for my RPg, Avi for my ww1, thanks Lord_Fadawah

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 01-21-04 08:42 PM CT (US)     6 / 12  
I was hoping that my post would have this kind of effect. Don't forget to print out the tutorial, it really helps. And a tip, you can export a file as an *.AVI by hitting Ctrl-D. Otherwise, they'll just be saved as a *.SWF.
posted 01-21-04 08:53 PM CT (US)     7 / 12  

Quote:

You have just begun a new era of scenario design, Lord Fadawah. Congrats.

DarckRedd, you've won my "Post of the Day" award.

posted 01-21-04 09:22 PM CT (US)     8 / 12  
I played around with swish in the past. I always wanted to make a teaser for some of my projects with it. Never really spent enough time to make anything worth while though. Luke posted a thread some time ago about the same subject, you may find some usefull information on the concept in it.
posted 01-22-04 07:53 AM CT (US)     9 / 12  
Did you already hear about POSER? With this program you can create long AVI as you want. There are difrent peolpe and animals in there. You can download medival models and you can create raly good AVI. Maybe I will send to blacksmith one sample.

"If I take one more step, this'll be the furthest from The Shire that I've ever been."
posted 01-22-04 11:33 PM CT (US)     10 / 12  
But the big milestone is size. It doesn't matter how high quality your *AVIs are, if they exceed the 2MG form limit. I'm really stretching every byte I can get with my 10 second *.AVI made with SWiSH.
posted 01-22-04 11:40 PM CT (US)     11 / 12  
You can always e-mail Spineman to upload the files for you, if they do exceed the size limit. But, I suggest you make your AVI movies semi-decent before bothering to do so.

[This message has been edited by DM (edited 01-22-2004 @ 11:40 PM).]

posted 01-23-04 00:10 AM CT (US)     12 / 12  
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Creating *.AVI Files For Campaigns
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames