Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: METC Scenario Design Team: Discussion
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
posted 03-23-04 07:03 PM CT (US)   

As the METC modpack project draws to a close, the demand for scenarios grows larger and larger each day. The METC Forums are up, and I need each member of the team to register in. Also, I need everyone to complete the form below...

~ASSIGNMENTS FOR TEAM~
We need to be a little more organized. To do this, I need the following info from you all...

-NAME
-Title of Campaign, Project (bmps, sounds)
-Current Scenario being worked on (+ title)(Only if you have a cpn)
-Date of release for your current scenario(only if you have a cpn)
-Date of release for your ENTIRE campaign, project
Can the new Members fill this in? Please?

MEMBERS(active)
BIHSting (me)
Endoras_the_Elf
Medieval Warfare
Farlander
The Nameless

BIHSting
-The Fellowship of the Ring
-#3 - The Ring Goes South
-7/20/04
-1/1/05

Endoras_the_Elf doing maps and BIHSting doing triggers
-The Hobbit
-#1-Prologue - Many Dwarves and One Wizard
-7/??/04
-12/??/04 or 1/??/05, but probobly the first one.

Farlander
-Known as "Uruk-Hai", but the name can change.
-#1 - Birth of a Monster
-No later than 9/31/04
-Uknown

PLAYTESTERS

Name : The Nameless
Email : Removed on request.

Name : Endoras_the_Elf
Email : Albinoperson13@AOL.com

NOTE TO FORUMERS OR TEAM MEMBERS:

If you wish to send me a design article, It can be featured in the METC Website's design articles section.

Anything that has to do with METC Scenario Design, post here!

I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life-age of the earth. But it was not the end. I've been sent back until my task is done...
... I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

[This message has been edited by Crazed Ewok (edited 08-11-2010 @ 10:26 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-23-04 07:24 PM CT (US)     1 / 461  
I'm in. Mapdesign and Creative Work

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 03-23-04 07:43 PM CT (US)     2 / 461  
Hey! If it's supposed to be uniform, then I have a question....

Do you know in some scenarios, when a unit speaks, a light green circle flashes under him/her. It looks like whan a unit changes ownership. Examples can be seen in campaigns such as the Nexus and Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction.

Hope you know what I mean. The point is, it lets you know what unit is speaking when the circle flashes under them. I works well, and you do it by changing ownership from them to you and you to them in the same trigger.

Green Circle, Yay or Nay?

I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life-age of the earth. But it was not the end. I've been sent back until my task is done...
posted 03-23-04 09:20 PM CT (US)     3 / 461  
I'm good at map design. Triggers are not my forte.

I really like the green circles idea.

posted 03-23-04 09:27 PM CT (US)     4 / 461  
You can ask shadowflare if you can design for METC. Ask in the METC, The Sequel thread in the Modpack discussion page.

Is anyone on the design team good at triggers?

posted 03-23-04 09:37 PM CT (US)     5 / 461  
BIHSting, i never used that on AWT, just let the player know who is talking.

But, i know is made by changing his ownership twice.

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 03-24-04 00:52 AM CT (US)     6 / 461  
I'm good at triggers.

A King rising with the Dead!
posted 03-24-04 07:18 AM CT (US)     7 / 461  
Well, the green circles can be a small add on. I always label the text. So, Yay or Nay?

Who will start map design for FOTR and TTT?

posted 03-24-04 12:23 PM CT (US)     8 / 461  
I'll be in. I've followed metc for a very long time and i'm good at map design. Not triggs mind.
So give me a map to design and sit and wait.

ŁĒĮĢĦŊ
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
(¯`·._.Member of Tundra Studios/ A spire labs division._.·´¯)
{¯`·._.Modern Mod Total Conversion._.·´¯}

upcoming ATC Activity attending:
-Flying-
posted 03-24-04 04:26 PM CT (US)     9 / 461  
Ok, since I volunteered to do FOTR, and rommel volunteered for TTT, we should start on that. I think Map design should be first because triggers would take too long.

Well leign, If you can, design a map that takes you from the shire to bree, with stops like farmer maggot's place, and Hobbiton and bywater. I will send you a jpeg for approximate placing of the locations. I think the old forest would be a little too much for the scenario. When do you think you can finish?

Uhh, i tried to download metc last night, but i can't off the site! What are the units for all the main characters?

Also, before we start, all trigger people, do we use the green circle trick or not?

EDIT: Uhh, what is you e-mail leign?

[This message has been edited by BIHSting (edited 03-24-2004 @ 04:27 PM).]

posted 03-24-04 04:32 PM CT (US)     10 / 461  
I'll do some more obscure stuff perhaps. Maybe some ROTK. I'm not great at triggers, but I can do some stuff. We should probably have some AI files for it though.
posted 03-24-04 04:56 PM CT (US)     11 / 461  
Well if i get your JPG and i know the replcaements for metc then i'll start now.
Taking place after the party. Probably following the film. I've forgot how the book went...
But yes i'll have farmer maggot

ŁĒĮĢĦŊ
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
(¯`·._.Member of Tundra Studios/ A spire labs division._.·´¯)
{¯`·._.Modern Mod Total Conversion._.·´¯}

upcoming ATC Activity attending:
-Flying-
posted 03-24-04 05:04 PM CT (US)     12 / 461  
hey there, i'll help for the SCNs also, right now, i'm nearly done with Helms Deep!

Member of Tundra Studios, a Division of Spire Labs.
Current Campaigns: Farhadon Meets The Evil Dark Lord.
Current SCN: NONE.
Current Mod: Civil War Mod

Email: hrolftheganger2004@yahoo.com
posted 03-24-04 05:05 PM CT (US)     13 / 461  
yeah, the first scn will be following the film. can I get ur e-mail? I just finished the JPEG. I changed it to PSD though, so it could be sent.

well then, i will be sending many of these PSDs so you know what the sc will look like.

anyone have any Ideas for the name of this scn?

posted 03-24-04 05:13 PM CT (US)     14 / 461  
i'll help map design with anything. Trigger work, whatever. I have no life, i have no girlfriend, nothing. But aok skills are what I have. (Other than God, but now is not time for a religeous discussion)

I have an Idea for a list of campains:

The Hobbit

The War of the Ring (Duh)

maybe same things from the Silmarillion??

[This message has been edited by Endoras_the_Elf (edited 03-24-2004 @ 05:15 PM).]

posted 03-24-04 06:11 PM CT (US)     15 / 461  
NO GIRLFRIEND???? Well, it's easier to design without nagging!

The hobbit is a CPN someone can start on, any takers?

Well, We are going to make Individual CPNS for FOTR, TTT, ROTK. That could cover the War of the Ring. As for the Simarillion, I don't know if there are any buildings or Heroes made in METC for the Simarillion. I can be done (I think) With Grey Elves civ. (?)

Well, you could ask rommel if he wants help with map design.

EDIT: Leign, I need ur E-mail to send you the Image!

[This message has been edited by BIHSting (edited 03-24-2004 @ 06:30 PM).]

posted 03-24-04 06:53 PM CT (US)     16 / 461  
I will cover FOTR. Everything according to the book, its ok?

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 03-24-04 07:06 PM CT (US)     17 / 461  
Well, I and some others are working on FOTR. (Sorry )Shadowflare said we will be doing some books and some movies, depends on the situation in the SCN.

You could try the Hobbit, or the simarillion if you read it. The rest of the Trilogy is being worked on.

PS: To those working on TTT and ROTK, I need a finish date you wish the first SCN to be accomplished by. (Good luck to you all!)

posted 03-24-04 07:22 PM CT (US)     18 / 461  
Well, I don't think it's a good idea to have 4 or 5 people working on one campaign, because it will probably not be very "united". Different people have different styles. I suggest we should have 4 or 5 campaigns with each person designing one, and DO set your standards high, nobody want to play one of those "bring unit from point a to point b with nothing on the map but 2 lines of forest and a path in between" scenarios.

For campaign ideas, here are mine:

Campaigns:

The Hobbit:
-Prologue(Many Dwarves and One Wizard) <cutscene>
-Journey to Rivendell
-Out of the Frying-Pan into the Fire
-Queer Lodgings <cutscene>
-The Old Forest Road
-Sting and Spiders
-Prison of the ElvenKing
-Return of the King Under the Mountain <playable cutscene>
-On the Doorstep
-Slaying of the Dragon
-A Thief in the Night
-Battle of Five Armies
-There and Back Again <cutscene>

Fellowship of the Ring
-Prologue(bilbo's party) <cutscene>
-Flight from the shire
-Flight to Rivendell
-The Council of Elrond
-Caradhras
-Moria
-Lothlorien <cutscene>
-Parth Galen

The Two Towers
-Prologue(departure of boromir) <cutscene>
-The Riders of Rohan
-Fangorn <cutscene>
-The King of the Golden Hall
-Helm's Deep
-The Voice of Saruman
-Taming of Smeagol <cutscene>
-The Passage of the Marshes
-Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit <cutscene>
-The Forbidden Pool
-Journey to Cirith Ungol
-Shelob's Lair
-Entering Mordor <cutscene>

Return of the King
-Prologue(shadowfax rides to minas tirith) <cutscene>
-The Paths of the Dead
-Battle of Pelennor Fields - Rammas Echor Breached
-Battle of Pelennor Fields - The Ride of the Rohirrim
-Battle of Pelennor Fields - The Coming of Aragorn
-Healing and Debate
-The Last March
-Samwise the Elf-Warrior
-Through the Land of Shadow
-Mount Doom
-Celebrations of Victory <cutscene>
-Scouring of the Shire
-The Grey Havens <cutscene>
-What happens after <cutscene>

The Coming of the Noldor
-Prologue <cutscene>
-The Disaster of Alqualonde
-Dagor-nuin-Giliath, the Death of Feanor
-The Seige of Angband <cutscene>

Beren and Luthien
-Prologue(betrayal of gorlim)
-A Wild Man
-Under the Woods of Neldoreth
-Finrod Felagund
-Finrod vs Sauron
-The Coming of Luthien
-Huan vs Sauron
-She is bind to you <cutscene>
-Confrontation of Morgoth
-Beren Erchamion, the One-Handed
-The Hunting of the Wolf
-The Choice of Luthien <cutscene>

Children of Hurin
-Prologue(Hurin's part in Nirnaeth Arnoediad) <cutscene>
-Childhood of Turin
-Turin and Doriath <cutscene>
-Turin's Exile
-A Band of Outlaws
-Mim's Betrayal <cutscene>
-The Hunt for Turin
-Agarwaen, son of Umarth, the Mormegil
-The Sack of Nargothrond
-Slaying of Brodda
-Mound of the Elf-Maid
-Of Morwen and Nienor <cutscene>
-That Ill-fated Riding
-The Tear-Maiden <cutscene>
-Slaying of the Dragon
-Of What Happens After <cutscene>

Independent Scenarios:

Here, we could just have scenarios of the big battles that existed in Tolkien's world, presented in a similar way as MCrnigoj's historical campaigns presented.

There could also be other independent scenarios that describe events which do not belong to the campaigns, such as the Ruin of Doriath, Fall of Gondolin, etc...

Descriptive Cutscenes:

These would be a few really long cutscenes explaining non-war stories, such as the Voyage of Earendil, Aldarion and Erendis, Ar-Pharazon and the fall of Numenor, Amroth, Nimrodel, Celegorm, Galadriel, The Council of the Wise and what they've done before "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Ring", etc...

Multiplayer Battles:
These would be the battles in the Independent Scenarios modified for multiplayer.

Some of the names may not be good, if so, then change it. I assume that if you are interested in this thread then you would probably know enough of Tolkien's work to comprehend which scenario will cover which part of the story.

Remember, these are only ideas...

Edit: As far as I know, good campaigns take LONGER than just one or two months of work. It's also really painful to change something to the campaign once you are finished, so for every little issue with the campaigns you're making, I suggest posting them on the thread and make sure there's an unanimous agreement on it.

Also, set your standards high, a mod of METC's calibur only deserves campaigns that are rated at least over 4/5 in the blacksmith. Quality over Quantity, guys.

hello all

[This message has been edited by magna gb (edited 03-24-2004 @ 07:26 PM).]

posted 03-24-04 08:01 PM CT (US)     19 / 461  
Wow, by the time you finish reading that, you could have seen the entire LOTR Trilogy, mow the lawn, do your taxes, shut the dog up, and read all of JRR Tolkien's works. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

About the fact that more than one person is working on a scenario, we have someone doing map design for the scenarios, someone doing triggerwork, etc.. all on the same scenario. All of the triggers are uniform. All of the map design is uniform.

Those are good campaign suggestions! Thanks mangna gb!

posted 03-24-04 08:08 PM CT (US)     20 / 461  
Well, the map design and triggers are actually not two separate things. When I design scenarios (that was last year I think...) I liked to design the map to fit certain special trigger tricks, and I can actually picture the end result in my mind even when the triggers has not been layed down. If you have 2 separate people, one doing triggers and one doing map design, their thoughts on how the scenario would go would differ. Surely they could communicate, but it's impossible to get thoughts into words that the other person could visualize perfectly sometimes.

Oh well, my opinion is still one person per campaign, or maybe one person per scenario in the campaign, or if that's still too much maybe one person per section in the scenario in the campaign.

hello all
posted 03-24-04 08:27 PM CT (US)     21 / 461  
I could actually try and do the hobbit solo, if you don't mind waiting for a long while, awaiting it's completion. (I'm a perfectionist when I set my mind to it.)
posted 03-24-04 08:45 PM CT (US)     22 / 461  
Ok, when do you think it can be finished by?

posted 03-24-04 09:07 PM CT (US)     23 / 461  
maybe two months, even longer if i want to use soundd files
posted 03-24-04 10:20 PM CT (US)     24 / 461  
Ok, so, any questions about creative answers and works, ask me.
As soon as i read TTT, i might help.

--
Best regards

Balazs

[This message has been edited by reich (edited 03-24-2004 @ 10:21 PM).]

posted 03-24-04 11:05 PM CT (US)     25 / 461  
I don't think that so many scenarios are needed. You could perhaps squeeze it into as many as one third as many scenarios. Also, you may want to consider making a separate campaign depicting the events leading up to the War of the Ring (i.e. Milko's betrayal, the destruction of the Noldorii, etc.) the campaign size would just be far too large.
posted 03-25-04 00:05 AM CT (US)     26 / 461  
BIHSting I can make small videos for the scenarios and I would like to help with scenario design.

posted 03-25-04 08:09 AM CT (US)     27 / 461  
Well, the thing with middle earth is that it's huge, and every little story (small compared to the whole thing) could very well be 1 or 2 campaigns unless you want to just go through it with really fast speed without any details. Think of the size of TTT in a campaign, and it only happened in a matter of days.

Maybe we don't have to do the stuff in The Silmarillion, but that would be too bad since we'd be missing some of the best stories.

hello all
posted 03-25-04 03:57 PM CT (US)     28 / 461  
Rommel, That would be great! If you can make a FOTR battle of Dagorlad that would be great! If you can also make a video of the hobbits entering the prancing pony. When do you think you can finish it?

Lord Fadawah, I totally agree! We can compress 2 or 3 SCNS into 1 SCN, and have a campaign be 5 or 6 SCNs per CPN, like ES campaigns.

Endoras, you could find someone to do sounds and later you could fit them in ur CPN. I'm putting u on the assignments list.

Leign, I need to start FOTR, so I will start triggers and basic map design (so I can fit in the triggers). I will send you the finished and fully triggered scenario when you can reach me.

[This message has been edited by BIHSting (edited 03-25-2004 @ 04:01 PM).]

posted 03-25-04 04:41 PM CT (US)     29 / 461  
I need to download METC! I cannot download it on the site! Can someone give me METC plz!

posted 03-25-04 09:33 PM CT (US)     30 / 461  
lol, considering you're the one who started the thread, that looked pretty sloppy, lol.

Anyway... I don't really think we should be compressing 2 or 3 scenarios into 1. If you're using the list I've made, then all I can say is good luck compressing the scenarios without erasing much detail. It's not very probable.

hello all
posted 03-26-04 05:09 PM CT (US)     31 / 461  
Oh, I was kinda in a hurry. lol!

But never mind that, I;m getting Dlls from SF. I began designing the 1st scenario's basic map (Rivers, Forests, etc) When I get the DLLs, I will be able to start triggers.

posted 03-26-04 05:27 PM CT (US)     32 / 461  
OK I will start taking video requests so give me lists of what you want and from what part of the video and I will see what I can do.

posted 03-26-04 06:29 PM CT (US)     33 / 461  
Alright, if someone can tell me something to do I'll get started. I work better when I am assigned something...
posted 03-27-04 12:09 PM CT (US)     34 / 461  
I just started map design on the hobbit, and I was wondering, what unit should I use for Bilbo, I mean, He needs to be able to attack for one, but he also needs to be fast and fat. any suggestons?

[This message has been edited by Endoras_the_Elf (edited 03-27-2004 @ 12:10 PM).]

posted 03-27-04 12:46 PM CT (US)     35 / 461  
Another new(b) team. I'm impressed.

Those campaign layouts remind me of some campaign somebody (EO, I think) layed out as a joke.

You want fries with that?

[This message has been edited by LoserWithCoolName (edited 03-27-2004 @ 12:49 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » METC Scenario Design Team: Discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames