Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Need input
posted 11-30-05 05:06 AM CT (US)   
As most of you probably know by now I'm working my ass of right now with the 2nd Lightning and Thunder scenario. It features the huge city of Constantinople which the player is free to explore. Kind of a king-size unlinear RPG, similar to Life of a Mercenary but still not, since you have to follow a storyline. I need you people to give examples of stuff that could add to the RPG while still being reasonable realistic (e.g. you can't have gunpowder in 11th century Constantinople). Just post whatever you'd like to see in the scenario, and I'll code it.

Stuff already triggered and done:
Herbal Medicine Shop
Mercenary Market
Slave Market
Purchasable mills, markets, barracks, houses, keeps, stables and so on...
Battle-Experience System
Bank (deposit/withdraw money, raise/pay back loans, get interest, get hunted down and killed by hitmen)
Kill citizens and get various amounts of money.
Cops (charge you if you're spotted killing citizens. Have the authority to imprison you.)
Steal rams at the military camp and smash down walls, buildings and helpless villies.

Stuff intended to be featured:
Gamble on horses at the Hippodrome.
Talk to any orange unit on the map.
Inventory system. Buy and sell equipment.
Buy technologies at the University of Warfare.
Work for the cops and kill bandits for some extra cash.
Bribe the right people and get rid of that annoying fare.
Pay money to the tax collector - or kill him.

Stuff not intented to be featured (vote if you feel that something here should be added):
Nothing yet.

Feel free to add to my list. Nothing is impossible to do. You name it, I'll trigger it! (Except renaming units with triggers )

[This message has been edited by Oliver (edited 12-01-2005 @ 12:18 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-30-05 05:37 AM CT (US)     1 / 10  
Well, its not that hard, lets see these and give your comment if they are to of the story:

- Side-quests => you then make sidequests that are BASED on the year, like:

-Help a farmer from a group of wolfs trying to fear his sheeps.

-Bring some water to a parched man who in a bar.

-Collect flowers and bring them to the Herbal medicine Shop in order to get a medicine. Which you can use to cure some of youre wounds. (maybe 20-50HP cured)

-Having a lone man in the world who needs some kinds of clothes. And then you need to give it in order to get a medal that you can purchase at the Mercenary Market.

There tons of ideas!

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
posted 11-30-05 01:28 PM CT (US)     2 / 10  
Hmm, you could have little mentally taxing quests to earn money, like getting the chicken, dog and corn across the river without them killing each other, or riddles where you have to type the correct answer in.

You could be hired as a gang member, maybe, and have to carry out assassinations, or blackmailing people. Things like that.

Anywho, I'm fresh out of ideas for now .

_____•--« ÑÅTHßÉRT »--•_____
•--«¯¯¯¯¯RIP Woad Creations, RIP Shiva.¯¯¯¯¯»--•
«==========‡==========»
posted 11-30-05 04:13 PM CT (US)     3 / 10  
moybe you could learn a trade such as blacksmithing, or cartography, or shipwright, and have each trade be more or less difficult to learn, and after learning it, you get wages that vary depending on the difficulty of learning it.

MoX_MiThRaNdIr
Current Project: A Battle for Peace - 45% Complete-(Reopened)

"You won't feel better until you get this thing off your chest"- Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
posted 11-30-05 06:03 PM CT (US)     4 / 10  
One thing: a tax collector. From time to time he collects money (gold) from people. You could either kill him (earns a good name/respect among the townspeople, but in other hand you'd have to deal with angry cops) or pay his taxes and avoid trouble (in this case, you could win some sort of "government gratification" depending on the amount of money you pay).
posted 11-30-05 08:33 PM CT (US)     5 / 10  

Quote:

Buy-able

You mean purchasable?

Perhaps some royal intrigue?

Or better yet, include the famous Byzantine Beauracracy. You can become a manager of one the departments, like the police or fire wardens, or something like that.

posted 12-01-05 11:35 AM CT (US)     6 / 10  
Be able to infiltrate Copsystem, so you can have them on your side, and become dictatorish

...Snail...
posted 12-01-05 11:48 AM CT (US)     7 / 10  
Dunno if this ties in with you being able to by markets etc.

You could by a like a warehouse/port at the docks and be able to import silk/spices/herbs/gold/silver etc. and then sell them for cash, and have a little trading bussiness with trade carts, buying and selling stuff to bring in more monney. Good, or already included?

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 12-01-05 12:13 PM CT (US)     8 / 10  
@WizardBoy
Nice sidequests. We'll see if I add them. Some of the conversations w/ the orange units are supposed to be 'interactive', so that opens up for sidequests.

Quote:

One thing: a tax collector. From time to time he collects money (gold) from people. You could either kill him (earns a good name/respect among the townspeople, but in other hand you'd have to deal with angry cops) or pay his taxes and avoid trouble (in this case, you could win some sort of "government gratification" depending on the amount of money you pay).

Now that's a funny idea. Maybe you could bribe him, too?

Quote:

You mean purchasable?

Of course. My head just went blackout when I was going to type that, so I typed buy-able instead.

Quote:

You can become a manager of one the departments, like the police or fire wardens, or something like that.

Quote:

Be able to infiltrate Copsystem, so you can have them on your side, and become dictatorish.

Quite similar ideas. Like 'em both.

Quote:

You could by a like a warehouse/port at the docks and be able to import silk/spices/herbs/gold/silver etc. and then sell them for cash, and have a little trading bussiness with trade carts, buying and selling stuff to bring in more monney.

You're able to train trade carts and trade cogs to earn money, but importing exotic stuff for money is a nice idea.

Keep 'em comin, people.

posted 12-01-05 02:50 PM CT (US)     9 / 10  
How about stealing from other units? You can try to pick there pockets, if you stand next to a unit, select the unit, and then type a taunt or something, there is a chance of stealing gold from them. But there’s also a chance they will spot you stealing and attack you or call the police. It could be a skill that could be improved by visiting the Thieves Guild.
posted 12-01-05 03:41 PM CT (US)     10 / 10  
I'll give you one of mine ideas since I had planned to use the same as many of yours.

Accident/Quest/Something that just happen:
Drop a lantern at a tree, it begins to burn. The fire spreading... more and more... A part of the city burns up (or more).
~Follow ideas for my idea:
-Many people get hurted, monks run out of medecines, you got to help them find more.
-Poison (that were kept in a burning house, bottles got destroyed) leaked out into the river, you has to buy your water/get it outside town
-Smoke covers the streets, many robbers will be active
-Someone finds out it you, punishment
-Many citizens died, grab their money n' run

Other ideas:
-Earthquake
-City gets invaded, you has to defend it or join the invaders and help them take the city

...Snail...
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Need input
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames