Link: http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=7520
External Link: http://gesneo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/nttt.zip

Screenshot 1: Longer Healing
Screenshot 2: 1000 Max Population
Screenshot 3: Farm with 1145 Foods
Screenshot 4: Fish Trap with 1325 Foods
Screenshot 5: Increased Conversion Resistance 1 2 3 4 5 6

How to use this Template:

1. Put the scx file into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Scenario.
2. Run Age of Empires II : The Conquerors and go to the Map Editor.
3. Load the scenario "New Trigger Tricks Template", "New Trigger Tricks Template 2 " or the file with the name of the effects you wanted.
4. Go to the "Trigger" tab.
5. You could find 8 triggers, named 1 ~ 8 (or "Trigger 1" to "Trigger 8"), under each trigger with one of the following names:

• Rewards For Every Razing
  • Healing Range +/- 365 (Full Map / Disable Full Map)
  • Healing Range +/- 1
  • Farm Starting Food Amount +/- 5
  • Fish Trap Starting Food Amount +/- 5
  • Max Population +/- 5
  • Population Headroom +/- 5
  • Relic Production Rate +/- 5
  • Healing Speed +/- 5
  • Faith Recharging Rate +/- 5
  • Rewards for Every Kill
  • Rewards for Every Conversions Made
  • GAIA Ally
Those 8 triggers would achieve the mentioned effect for the player with corresponding number in the trigger name. Do not touch any effect in the triggers. It is also suggested that you set some condition(s) for these triggers, or the game might chase if you turn them on as soon as the game begins.
6. Since most trigger starting state is set to off, you have to switch on them manually or with other triggers.
7. Start designing your scenarios on this template or copy the triggers from this template to your scenario with DigiT's AoK Trigger Studio.

Rewards For Every Razing
Trigger0 - Trigger Looping: Yes
-Condition: Accumulate Attribute ( 1 * Resource [Razing] : Player )
-Effect: Tribute ( 1 * Resource [Razing] : Player )
-Effect: [Reward for player]
To change the resource type in "Tribute" effect to "Razing", you could use 0.3.3 or newer versions of DigiT's AoK Trigger Studio. The drawback of this trick would be no able to display how many buildings the player has razed in the game at the achievement list.

Changing Monks' Healing Range
-Effect: Tribute ( ? * Resource [Healing Range] : Player )
The healing range of all monk units is controlled by a civ header, tribute-able by the "Tribute" effect. Its default amount, without the Teutonic civ bonus, is 4. While a monk is healing another unit, the amendment of healing range by triggers won't affect the proccess of this current healing action, unless you task him again or the healing is finished.
According to the Pythagorean theorem, the length of the diagonal line of a 255 x 255 map ( the biggest map size possible to be in the game ) is 362.03867196751233249323231339768, so a healing range of 365 would be enough to cover the whole map.

Changing Starting Food Amount of Farm / Fish Trap
-Effect: Tribute ( ? * Resource [Farm Food Amount] : Player ) = Farm
-Effect: Tribute ( ? * Resource [Fish Trap Food Amount] : Player ) = Fish Trap
These effects won't affect the player's farms or fish traps already on map, but those built afterwards.

Changing Max Population
-Effect: Tribute ( ? * Resource [Max Population] : Player )
To see the changes, the player need to refresh the figure by either losing / training a unit, or building a house / castle / town center. This trick won't work on Huns sometimes, too.

Changing Population Headroom without Building Houses
-Effect: Tribute ( ? * Resource [Population Limit] : Player )
To change the resource type in "Tribute" effect to "Population Limit", you could use 0.3.3 or newer versions of DigiT's AoK Trigger Studio.

Changing Gold-Producing Speed of Collected Relic(s)
-Effect: Tribute ( ? * Resource [Relic Gold Production] : Player )

Changing Monks' Healing Speed
-Effect: Tribute ( ? * Resource [Healing Speed] : Player )
The "Healing Speed - 5" effect could not carry out negative healing, though it could be achieved by editing monk's work rate 2 in GeniED2 Enhanced Version.

Changing Recovery for Monks' Faints
-Effect: Tribute ( ? * Resource [Faith Recharging Rate] : Player )

Rewards for Every Kill (Accurate)
-Condition: Accumulate Attribute ( 1 * Resource [Kill] : Player )
-Effect: Tribute ( 1 * Resource [Kill] : Player )
To change the resource type in "Tribute" effect to "Kill", you could use 0.3.3 or newer versions of DigiT's AoK Trigger Studio. The drawback of this trick would be no able to display how many units the player has killed in the game at the achievement list.

Rewards for Every Conversion Made
-Condition: Accumulate Attribute ( 1 * Resource [Conversions] : Player )
-Effect: Tribute ( 1 * Resource [Conversions] : Player )
To change the resource type in "Tribute" effect to "Conversions", you could use 0.3.3 or newer versions of DigiT's AoK Trigger Studio. The drawback of this trick would be no able to display how many units the player has converted in the game at the achievement list.

GAIA Ally
-Effect: Change Diplomacy ( GAIA > Player : Ally)
This could be set by AoK Trigger Studio easily, though it would enable GAIA monks to heal the player's units. It CANNOT prevent GAIA units from attacking the player's.

Conversion Resistance +/-

New Tricks Planned to Add in Future:

• Enhanced Building Speed (except Wonder)
  • Re-enable Conversion (after disabling Dark Age)
  • Re-enable Reveal Ally (after disabling Cartography)
  • Re-enable Reveal Enemy (after disabling Spies)
  • Turn on Crenellations (garrisoned infantry fire arrows) - No Civilization Restriction
  • Turn on Dominant LOS (sheeps not converted) - No Civilization Restriction
  • Re-enable Monks Conversion (after disabling Atonement) - No Technology Tree Restriction
  • Re-enable Buildings/Siege Weapons Conversion (after disabling Redemption) - No Technology Tree Restriction
  • Re-enable Individual Conversion (after disabling Theocracy) - No Technology Tree Restriction
B) Map Tricks

Work in process...

All of the eye-candies are done with the assiatance of Digit 's Aok Trigger Studio.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 04-07-2006 @ 03:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-16-06 12:29 PM CT (US)     1 / 50  
This looks brilliant scenario_t_c. I'll have a proper look when I have time. You're a star.
posted 02-16-06 01:10 PM CT (US)     2 / 50  
You are a Genius! The "monk with unlimitited range" trick is incredible(I didn't actually think it would work, to tell the truth hehe). I didn't understand this at first, but it's great now, thank you!

EDIT: That red fence and hedges look great as well, good work.

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 02-16-2006 @ 01:15 PM).]

posted 02-16-06 02:04 PM CT (US)     3 / 50  
I have already figured out a few of the trigger tricks but haven't had the time to try them out. I tried to make a "stump hedge" too, but my stumps kept rotating in the game so I abandoned that idea. The red fence is completely new to me. Excellent work, s_t_c. Hurry up and finish those exams now.
posted 02-16-06 02:04 PM CT (US)     4 / 50  
Whoa.
posted 02-16-06 02:13 PM CT (US)     5 / 50  
Am I free to copy these triggers into my scenario(as long as I give you credit, of coarse)? Still can't get over that monk trick...

dannyking.me

posted 02-16-06 05:51 PM CT (US)     6 / 50  
Whoooaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Just a minute. I didnt know that the Trigger Studio could do that! I definitely want it now but one thing, how am i supposed to get the newest version when i only find one version at the Blacksmith and that one does not even work. Some problem about not being able to open its .EXE file so its going to shut down. Anyways, those screen shots are cool! I always wanted to make a FENCE out of those STUMPS!

P.S. Hey Oliver. Have you seen the.....Holy Grail??? Im wondering....? WE WANT A SHRUBBERY .....

That was the best movie around.

Mindyber

[This message has been edited by mindyber (edited 02-16-2006 @ 05:52 PM).]

posted 02-16-06 06:27 PM CT (US)     7 / 50  
Very good work! This looks amazing and I can't wait to download it!

@mindyber: Have you tried downloading the updated version of AoKTS in the blacksmith and checking if it works?

Also, if you want the most current version of AoKTS, you can check DiGiT's AoKTS Site and download it from there.
If you wondering where the link to download AoKTS is, it is where it says:

Quote:

Beta version available here. (Scenario format description included.)

geebert| Firefox & LinuX User | GenieWiki User
"You know you're bored when you click the links in peoples' sigs." - Meditative Monk
"Shhhhhh... be nice to other Heavens. The old Heavens are supposed to be wise and maintain a role-model status" - Aro
Favorite Links: AoK Trigger Studio - Scenario FAQ - Scenario Library
posted 02-16-06 06:33 PM CT (US)     8 / 50  
Well ill see if it works. Thanks.

Mindyber
posted 02-16-06 11:26 PM CT (US)     9 / 50  

Quoted from Oliver:

Hurry up and finish those exams now.

The mock exam in school is currently running ... The real event would take place after next month.

Quoted from newIdea:

Am I free to copy these triggers into my scenario(as long as I give you credit, of coarse)?

Sure, as stated in the description.

Quoted from newIdea:

Still can't get over that monk trick...

Do you mean the trick won't work or the triggers can't be copied to other scenarios?

By the way, only two of the above trigger tricks could be achieved with AoKTS. The others were done by hex-editing. Also, this template could not be opened with the newest version of AoKTS (0.3.3), so remember to keep earlier versions.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 02-16-2006 @ 11:44 PM).]

posted 02-17-06 01:01 AM CT (US)     10 / 50  

Quote:

Sure, as stated in the description.

I see...

Quote:

Do you mean the trick won't work or the triggers can't be copied to other scenarios?

No, I mean I can't get over it, as in, it's great and can't stop think about it, .

dannyking.me

posted 02-17-06 01:15 AM CT (US)     11 / 50  
Ok , I get it .
posted 02-17-06 01:22 AM CT (US)     12 / 50  
My fault, sorry for the confusion, .

dannyking.me

posted 02-17-06 01:29 AM CT (US)     13 / 50  
No, it was because I don't understand that pair of phrasal verb. (Oh no, I suddenly remember that there would be an English exam next week...)
posted 02-17-06 01:32 AM CT (US)     14 / 50  
Oh, I see...
And good luck with that English exam .

dannyking.me

posted 02-17-06 06:33 AM CT (US)     15 / 50  
Uploaded more screenshots.
posted 02-17-06 12:31 PM CT (US)     16 / 50  
I would want to ask if anyone really tested the template and it runs correctly, since I only created the file without directly testing it (but by my friend).
posted 02-17-06 01:07 PM CT (US)     17 / 50  
I tested once(only to use the range monk trick, ). I will test the other tricks today.

dannyking.me

posted 02-17-06 04:26 PM CT (US)     18 / 50  
It is rather inconvenient for not able to test my works directly in game...at school. :/
posted 02-18-06 10:27 PM CT (US)     19 / 50  
Added some trigger tricks which I planned to add in the next update.
posted 02-20-06 04:08 AM CT (US)     20 / 50  
The download link is ready:
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=7520

@ NewIdea

I just did a bad job in my composition paper , but an excellent performance in the grammar test. )

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 02-20-2006 @ 04:10 AM).]

posted 02-20-06 05:13 AM CT (US)     21 / 50  
Arg i dont get a thing outta this

helloworld
posted 02-20-06 05:22 AM CT (US)     22 / 50  
What do you mean by that?
posted 02-20-06 05:42 AM CT (US)     23 / 50  
first -
do i need to hex/edit some files, if so im ditching you cause im not doing that

second -
how does doing some negative tributes and what not make a monk have longer ranger?

last -
i already started making a map how would i get these tricks on there? if its possible it could save me 270 triggers

helloworld

[This message has been edited by Nixck (edited 02-20-2006 @ 05:44 AM).]

posted 02-20-06 06:27 AM CT (US)     24 / 50  
First:

I have already done hex-editing the scx file itself and you don't need to do that anymore. Also, you don't need to replace any extra files in order to achieve these tricks.

Second:

Quote:

Do not touch any effect in the triggers

Third:

Quote:

Start designing your scenarios on this template or copy the triggers from this template to your scenario with DigiT's AoK Trigger Studio.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 02-20-2006 @ 06:27 AM).]

posted 02-20-06 01:52 PM CT (US)     25 / 50  
i can only seem to paste triggers on to the same map, not other maps

EDIT: NVM! thank you ever much you saved me about 300 triggers!

helloworld

[This message has been edited by Nixck (edited 02-20-2006 @ 05:16 PM).]

posted 02-20-06 08:12 PM CT (US)     26 / 50  
Create and select a new trigger before pasting. (I am using version 0.3.0 )
posted 02-20-06 09:35 PM CT (US)     27 / 50  
yes i noticed that, i use 0.3.0

helloworld
posted 02-21-06 09:20 AM CT (US)     28 / 50  
In case you accidentally select the effects or the duplicated triggers are not working, you could send your file to me and let me do the hex-editing for you.
posted 02-21-06 06:08 PM CT (US)     29 / 50  
besides my rpg ive been thinking of a monk based level and i need faith to go from 0 to 100% in like 1 second. trigger studio wont let me change the values on the hexed effects and i cant past the effects (can paste triggers tho). it seems like the only way is to have about 10 of the same triggers and thats just a waste.

also i would need that reward for every conversion so put in on top of your to do list if you can

thank you

helloworld
posted 02-22-06 04:22 AM CT (US)     30 / 50  
Is this stuff done with AoKTS or just AoK (I'm at work and can't check).

D_B

Đąŗķ_ßļąđę - ĄőĶĦ Főŗųmmęŗ Şįŋčę 2003

an era of glory has passed - may the arcade live on
posted 02-22-06 06:35 AM CT (US)     31 / 50  
@Nixck

They would be ready in one to two days.

@D_B

It was done with hex-editing. Yet, since it did not involve editing the database, the normal game can still read the altered scenario file.

posted 03-24-06 05:02 PM CT (US)     32 / 50  
Scenario_t_c, I tested the Monk range trick online, and it worked without crashing or any problems that i could see...

Which amazes me even more...

Then i got ambitious and tried doing the kill reward, yet failed miserably Thank you for your great new ideas...

I guess ill leave all the discoveries to you?

. ~ ´ ´ ~ . ¸ ~ ' ´ ~ . ¸ .
´ ~ . ¸ . ~ . ¸ Zephyr ¸ . ~ ´ ´ ~ . ¸ ~ '
´ ~ ´
posted 03-24-06 05:13 PM CT (US)     33 / 50  
This is possibly one of the most innovative template to be released for a good long time. This looks fantastic, and I will d/l immediately. Great work, it's people like you who keep this community one of the best on the internet today.
posted 03-25-06 04:00 AM CT (US)     34 / 50  
Hey, thos tricks are just great! Nice findings, scenario_t_c!
posted 03-25-06 03:48 PM CT (US)     35 / 50  
Updated with more tricks. 3 implemented and 7 on plan.

Member of Tsunami Studios
Scenario T.C.: “Yes, the traitors can’t be terminated.”
Richard Ames: “Scenario_t_c should take care of them in a succinct but humorous fashion.”
Don Jorge de Leon: “Ave Trisolo! Vive Trisolo!”

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 03-25-2006 @ 04:06 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » New Trigger & Map Tricks Template
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames