Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Announced/Dead/Revived/Dead/Revived Project
posted 05-30-06 00:39 AM CT (US)   
Please read the new thread.

"The Manuscripts". People who wrote on stone tablets should remember it.

I completed a walkaround version of the map. The map is triggerless (except for names, moving people, music and some instructions), so there is no storyline. Use marco polo to look around. The final, completed campaign will most likely be done sometime soon, but I'll probably start playing Oblivion or something and forget about it, and I'll be able to add another "Dead" to the thread title.

http://www.ipa-consolidated.net/colosseum/themanuscripts/NewChasefordExhibitionv11.zip

Please give me some comments. I've run out of ideas on the campaign.

Edit: Do not read the ReadMe.txt file if you are faint of heart. My mouse broke and I was pissed off when I was writing it.

[This message has been edited by Colo the Great (edited 05-31-2006 @ 05:09 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-30-06 02:29 AM CT (US)     1 / 8  
I think I played one of the demo versions of this game a while back, seemed quite interesting. I am downloading this now.

EDIT: Just played it, well had a look at it, and I think the map design is brilliant! Really detailed and interestingly conveyed. The music suits it well too. My regards to the person who made it. I noticed you had renamed all the buildings. I love it. The houses are renamed, various units and all. Really good atmosphere, and I can see how the games and movies inpsired you. Well done. You have done a brilliant job at this project.

[This message has been edited by Mashek331 (edited 05-30-2006 @ 04:08 AM).]

posted 05-30-06 06:55 AM CT (US)     2 / 8  
S'a nice map, looks promising. For inspiration, try playing all the campaigns in blacksmith rated 4.5 and over. And not just the famous ones.
posted 05-30-06 09:23 AM CT (US)     3 / 8  
Map looks great! But IMO the music doesn't fit it. I agree with Mashek on the atmosphere thing though, I loved the renamed houses and all.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 05-30-06 09:27 AM CT (US)     4 / 8  
Meh, the music was a last minute addition to keep me entertained while making it. The music in the campaign is entirely different, don't worry.
posted 05-30-06 09:39 AM CT (US)     5 / 8  
Wow, that's got to be some of the the best terrain I've ever seen. You should've entered that city into the continuous screenshot competition a few days ago, too.

me

[This message has been edited by MeGaIdIoT (edited 05-30-2006 @ 05:39 PM).]

posted 05-30-06 04:25 PM CT (US)     6 / 8  

Quote:

Wow, that's got to be the best terrain I've ever seen.

Slight exaggeration, but it is a nice map.

posted 05-31-06 09:53 AM CT (US)     7 / 8  
As usual, my topic dies.
posted 05-31-06 04:59 PM CT (US)     8 / 8  
I bloody hate that. This is a good game, people should comment...
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Announced/Dead/Revived/Dead/Revived Project
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames