Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Defferent units' HP up to top with only 4 effects
posted 08-09-06 01:42 AM CT (US)   
Hello friends,it's my firt topic here.
This effect is used to make HP of any unit full with only 4 effects in one trigger.
It's an old effect which was discovered by me in july last year,but I haven't translate into English until now.And I wonder if there's anyone who have discovered it already now.But if you haven't known it,just read this trriger(I use AOC Chinese version only so I don't known the terms in English version,hope you can understand):

TRIGGER:
EFFECT0 Change units' HP 30000
EFFECT1 Damage units 30000
EFFECT2 Damage units -30000
EFFECT3 Change units' HP -30000

It's done,isn't it easily to remember and understand?Use this trigger,any type of units will in a full HP with only several damage-pionts left.
It's fit for units whose HP(top) isn't too high,the lower HP(top) it is,the better effect it well be.And if your units' HP is higher than 2767,they will die directly if you use that value 30000.If so,just choice a lower one.Also,you can use a higher value for a better effect if your units' HP is low.

Click here too download a SCX example(In winRAR):http://www.hawkaoc.net/bbs/viewFile.asp?Boardid=10&ID=3662
When you click the tower,the hero will in full HP whatever how the HP changes by killing.

(If you can understand Chinese,Click http://www.hawkaoc.net/bbs/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=10&ID=7025&replyID=&skin=1too read the theory,I haven't said it because I don't good at English...)

Hawk_DaghT from Hawk Scenario Studio

Replies:
posted 08-09-06 08:24 AM CT (US)     1 / 5  
We've kind of known this kind of stuff, for 4+ years.

It's not easy being me.
posted 08-09-06 07:58 PM CT (US)     2 / 5  
Welcome Hawk_DaghT!

I'm having a little difficulty understanding the effect, but I think the trick you described is known as the healing trick here.

Most of minus sign techniques have been known here for a while, and much of the 'numbers' effects like the 'heroization' hero effect were brought here from China by scenario_t_c some time ago.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 08-10-06 02:01 AM CT (US)     3 / 5  
Thank you for welcoming me Anastasia.^_^
Yeah,the healing trick.
Is it the one you said?
TRIGGER:
Damage Units X
Damage Units -X
(X means the unit's top HP)

If the answer is yes,I know it's really a very old trick,but mine is defferent.

This old one is only fit to only one changeless HP top value per 2 effects.If there are many types of units,we must set a lot of effects for healing them.
What's more,if the HP of which we want to heal will change,for example,by getting a new corselet or armet,the trigger will no longer be fit to it and we must make another trigger with another Damage-units value to heal the unit well.If the HP changes often,we even can not do it.

But mine brought here yesterday dosen't need so many triggers for DIFFERENT units or a "Level-upable" hero.NO MATTER how many HP TYPES there are and NO MATTER whether it will CHANGE or not,NOLY 4 effects is enough.

It works depend on the changeless proportion of present HP/top HP.For example,if there's a soldier whose HP is 50/100 and we use the effect Change Units HP to plus 100,his HP will NOT be 150/200 but 100/200.In my trigger,to the same soldier,I plus 30,000 top HP to him then his HP will be 15,050/30,100,and use the same techniques of the old trick,make it be 30,000/30,100,you know,30,000 divided by 30,100 is nearly equal to 1 namely healing well.Then I recut the top HP down to 100 by Change units HP -30,000,because of the changeless proportion,his HP will be about 99/100.
Depending on this theory,it is fix to any situations except High-HP style.

(Oh,finally type it over....In fact speaking English is not easy for me,and reading as well..-.-)

Hope you can understand it now,are you sure it's the one which were known by people here long time ago?
Finally,thanks for repling

[This message has been edited by Hawk_DaghT (edited 08-10-2006 @ 02:14 AM).]

posted 08-10-06 05:19 AM CT (US)     4 / 5  
I thought that was what you meant first time but didn't say so for sounding ignorant.

As far as I know this trick is new, and very useful, for me at least.

EDIT - But then again, I could be totally wrong.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 08-10-2006 @ 05:20 AM).]

posted 08-12-06 00:00 AM CT (US)     5 / 5  
I'm glad to hear that it's useful for you Julius.
PS:I think I have read that article of the special numbers effects collection(Chinese version) writen by my teammate scenario_t_c,inculding the heroization effect found by Rushot(another member of Hawk).I think that collection was full-scale at that time,but this trick wasn't in it.So I think it's later than the heroization effect at least.And in my memory,that article is "younger" than 4 years old.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Defferent units' HP up to top with only 4 effects
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames