Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Saga of The Lords of Demise
posted 09-19-07 06:23 PM CT (US)   
THE SAGA OF THE LORDS OF DEMISE

Hello HeavenGames Community!

I have started a project called The Saga of The Lords of Demise. It is about a traveler named Signa that has some debt to pay to an old friend. The friend gives Signa entrance to the great Kingdom of Ahke, where dreams are said to come true. There is one slight problem though. When Signa walks through the luxortious gates of Ahke, he finds the city in ruins........

Here are some screenshots for those of you that are interested and want to see a little of what is going on. I'll continuously update it so there is always new ones every day or so.

First Scenario

Full Map Shot
Mine in Outskirts of Ahke
Gate to Outskirts of Ahke

There are 3 scenarios to the campaign. Here is a list of things that still need to be done.

First though, i will need some playtesters. just post your e-mail adress and i'll send it to you.

Playtesters
***I would like at least 3***

Crossbowman
matty12345
- open -

Scenario 1

1. Work out some bugs (99% done)
  2. Finish minor storyline details (98% done)
  3. get playtesters (66 2\3% at the moment)

Scenario 2

1. Finish map design (75% done)
  2. Put triggers in (10% done)
  3. get playtesters (66 2\3% at the moment)

Scenario 3

1. Start Map 0%
  2. Strat Triggers 0%
  3. Playtesters (66 2\3% at the moment)

Itachi_Uchiha--May Itachi rule the Uchiha clan!
Kublai's invasions of Japan-----45% DISBANDED FOR NOW______FF3: Final Battles-----3.2(upgrade soon)
Black Forest Design Team
Dantares IV: Itachi you've got problems.
Rule Life ... Rule Death ... be a DeathLord.---------Click here to join!!

[This message has been edited by shadow06031992 (edited 09-26-2007 @ 05:50 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-19-07 06:30 PM CT (US)     1 / 15  
I could take a look at it for you, but you would have to give me time. In Uni there is no laws governing workload, so I might do it on the weekend, and the report might take a while to get there. Still, you will get it in 10 days or so at WORST.

SO if that is okay with you send away (email in sig).

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 09-19-07 06:30 PM CT (US)     2 / 15  
I can't playtest but good luck anyway.

Who watches the Watchmen?
Still Cristian, proud of it, etc...
"You are an important piece of my puzzle..."
Impaled Saren, executed Illidan, bludgeoned Big Daddy, and exploded Gravemind. What now?
Repent! Xenu is coming! Or so Tom Cruise would have you believe.
Boom. Headshot. Yes, I play FPS's.
posted 09-19-07 08:49 PM CT (US)     3 / 15  
I could take a look at it for you, but you would have to give me time.
Still, you will get it in 10 days or so at WORST.
I'll send it to you in a day or two when i work out the rest of the bugs. I am only going to send you the first scenario for right now, since the second won't be done for a week or so. I'll send you an update every time i finish something important in the scenario.
In Uni there is no laws governing workload,
Where is Uni? is that like a country??? Or what?

Kublai's invasions of Japan-----45% DISBANDED FOR NOW______FF3: Final Battles-----3.2(upgrade soon)
Black Forest Design Team
posted 09-19-07 10:06 PM CT (US)     4 / 15  
Im 99.999999999% sure that he means university, as in school.

The project sounds interesting. However, like matty, im in university, and, like matty said,
There is no laws governing workload
so i doubt i can playtest in the very near future.

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
posted 09-19-07 10:28 PM CT (US)     5 / 15  
I can playtest it

Johnnyjacare (at) hotmail (dot) com

Who was that Maud person anyway?
posted 09-20-07 08:49 AM CT (US)     6 / 15  
It is a communist country in Southeast Asia. Work days average 25 hours. 8 work days a week

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 09-20-07 05:27 PM CT (US)     7 / 15  
And I live on Antartica!

i'm in high school and i din't recognize that term.

i'll send the file by tonight.

Black Forest Design Team
posted 09-20-07 05:30 PM CT (US)     8 / 15  
Well we can see higher education isn't on your list of aspirations.

Witty remarks aside, it looks like a promising project, though the name "Ahke" is rather odd to say the least. Anyway, the base of the story sounds like you will have an interesting plot; any screenshots of your work thus far?

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 09-20-07 05:37 PM CT (US)     9 / 15  
Well we can see higher education isn't on your list of aspirations.
Actually I want to get my PhD in some field of Mathamatics.

I would post screenshots, but I don't know of any good image hosting site. Can you give me some links to a few?

Black Forest Design Team
posted 09-20-07 05:40 PM CT (US)     10 / 15  
Actually I want to get my PhD in some field of Mathamatics.
Yet you don't get what "uni" is?
Can you give me some links to a few?
www.xs.to

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 09-20-07 05:46 PM CT (US)     11 / 15  
thanks, hope to have the screenshots up in a few hours or less
some screenshots up. hope to have more up ASAP

Black Forest Design Team

[This message has been edited by shadow06031992 (edited 09-21-2007 @ 02:16 PM).]

posted 09-26-07 05:26 PM CT (US)     12 / 15  
first scen is up to 99% done, and the second one has hit an overall 50% total!

I also got some more screenshots up.

Black Forest Design Team
posted 09-29-07 07:13 PM CT (US)     13 / 15  
Nice screenies. A desert-based campaign is quite rare nowadays. In my opinion, The full map is lacking some more mountains, especially in the elevated areas. The mine is quite good, but it'd be better if you erase some roads and put some cracks and craters instead to spice it up with some candies.

It's really just for your consideration, though. Best of luck!

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-
StormWind Studios

-:|:- Fight Against Fate -:|:- Zegrelandia -:|:- Eternal Moon -:|:- Current Project -:|:-
posted 09-29-07 08:53 PM CT (US)     14 / 15  
Hey Shadow... Sorry for not playtesting this week I had some "problems" regarding school... I will do it as soon as I have enough time

Who was that Maud person anyway?
posted 09-30-07 10:51 AM CT (US)     15 / 15  
Nice screenies.
I just tried to pick the best areas to malke a dhot of so they saw the best work.
A desert-based campaign is quite rare nowadays.
I could see why! They are so hard to make and it has a massive lack of eye candy compared to a forest map.
In my opinion, The full map is lacking some more mountains, especially in the elevated areas. The mine is quite good, but it'd be better if you erase some roads and put some cracks and craters instead to spice it up with some candies.
I'm always weary on putting cracks and craters anywhere, because if you put too many of them they look tacky. Also the cracks have only one view and you can't rotate them so it dosen't look to great when you put a bunch of them down in the same area. I thought abpout putting another oasis in the middle of the map, but it seemed out of place.
Hey Shadow... Sorry for not playtesting this week I had some "problems" regarding school... I will do it as soon as I have enough time
Understandable, like I told matty, since he has had a lot of work to do lately, I have had some school problems too and haven't had time to work on teh scenario at all for the last week.

Hope to post some screenies of the second map in a week or so since I am working on my cutscene entry too and haven't had much time lately to work on this.

Black Forest Design Team
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Saga of The Lords of Demise
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames